Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    i have legendary bracers and belt. In terms of dps, do I want to stack BC and Demo at all times (Booming Voice/AM spec)? On aoe demo is up 10-20 sec before BC depending on pack size, while on single target BC comes up 5-10 sec before Demo does. I can get additional uses on whichever I'm delaying most likely by just using both on cd instead of aligning them, but I'm unsure if that outweighs the bonus of stacking them.
    You can pop demo shout about 15 seconds till BC comes off CD, the extra rage gen will help BC come off cd faster and youll be able to stack them before demo shout even falls off.

Anyone know where/when a 7.2.5 update to this guide will come? Just want info on using soul of the battle lord and more detsiled info on blocking and reflecting thrn what the pinned doc in skyhold shows

Deleted
    this might sound retarded but I've always had problems with juggling all my abiltiies and had absolute shit dps. block uptime, etc.

and I was kind of inspired by a (troll?) post in the wow forum when some guy whined about his warrior doing 150k dps on myth krosus (its a very old thread).

I did a macro

/cast shield slam
    /cast shield block
    /cast berserker rage
    /cast demoralizing shout
    /cast Battle Cry
    /cast avatar
    /use 14

and just spammed the shit out of it along with thunderclap and my dps and rage inflow was through the fucking roof all of a sudden and I can just spam the ever living hell out of ignore pain, my shield block uptime was excellent and it was just amazing alltogether.

I was able to do 400k single target consistently at ilvl 892 no concordance yet which I found relatively alright ( I mean, my vengeance at 920 does like 550k+ single target i think, yeah i suck).

I mean, how is this bad outside of being lazy play?

Granted I should be more intelligent about demo shout usage but so far my performance has improved a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    this might sound retarded but I've always had problems with juggling all my abiltiies and had absolute shit dps. block uptime, etc.

and I was kind of inspired by a (troll?) post in the wow forum when some guy whined about his warrior doing 150k dps on myth krosus (its a very old thread).

I did a macro

/cast shield slam
    /cast shield block
    /cast berserker rage
    /cast demoralizing shout
    /cast Battle Cry
    /cast avatar
    /use 14

and just spammed the shit out of it along with thunderclap and my dps and rage inflow was through the fucking roof all of a sudden and I can just spam the ever living hell out of ignore pain, my shield block uptime was excellent and it was just amazing alltogether.

I was able to do 400k single target consistently at ilvl 892 no concordance yet which I found relatively alright ( I mean, my vengeance at 920 does like 550k+ single target i think, yeah i suck).

I mean, how is this bad outside of being lazy play?

Granted I should be more intelligent about demo shout usage but so far my performance has improved a lot.
    two examples: imagine in a M+ that you used this when left just 3 seconds to the mob / boss to die - you had wasted almost all cds.
    example 2: imagine at krosus and you use this just before a bridge brake: again you will lost almost all CDs.

Unless you always forget to use your ofensive / defensive CDs, you should save them to use at proper times.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sure would be great if this thread were ever updated. Anyone else having a hard time hitting haste cap w/ ToS gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Encenoa View Post
    It sure would be great if this thread were ever updated. Anyone else having a hard time hitting haste cap w/ ToS gear?
    What haste cap? My Warr is on 38.5%~ haste in heroic gear (it's my alt at the moment).

Quote Originally Posted by Encenoa View Post
    It sure would be great if this thread were ever updated.
    Yeah, any news on this? I'd love to start using the opening post again. I would have never thought of using Darkmoon Deck (which has been a champ so far) if I did not see it here. I've been getting quite a lot of loot lately, would love to see if for example some trinkets and legendaries I got are viable or not, and for what situation. I'm relying a bit on people that know this stuff far better than I do.

Anyone knows of web site or guide somewhere that is up to date about protection warriors? Returned after quite a long break and a lot of things are new to me.
    Is icy veins guide for prot any good? I checked some others especially one and they were complete garbage.

I think I read this before, but legendary bracers heal based on base rage cost, correct? So Vengeance means you're spending 35% less rage but still getting full value from the healing?

Also, opinions on high m+ tanking (18-19+), what spec are you guys running? I've been Booming Voice/AM with the belt/bracers, but I've been trying to get gloves. Would Vengeance/AM be a good build, or do I lose too much dps for the extra survivability?

In addition, any tips/tricks for Tyrannical bosses? I know first boss Maw and last boss Nel's have spell reflectable mechanics, as well as 3rd boss cathedral. Anything else cool like that?
    Last edited by Saiyoran; 2017-07-25 at 07:29 AM.

I think I read this before, but legendary bracers heal based on base rage cost, correct? So Vengeance means you're spending 35% less rage but still getting full value from the healing?

Also, opinions on high m+ tanking (18-19+), what spec are you guys running? I've been Booming Voice/AM with the belt/bracers, but I've been trying to get gloves. Would Vengeance/AM be a good build, or do I lose too much dps for the extra survivability?

In addition, any tips/tricks for Tyrannical bosses? I know first boss Maw and last boss Nel's have spell reflectable mechanics, as well as 3rd boss cathedral. Anything else cool like that?
    You're right in how bracers work with regards to healing for the original amount of rage.

For survivability, you want to go Bracers/Battlelord ring if you've got it, for bosses at least with BV/AM and free vengeance. I'd be thinking that at 18-19+ dying on tyrannical bosses is going to be more of an issue than the lovely increase in dps. You could swap to the belt for trash if you're not finding yourself dying then swap back to the ring for bosses (provided the boss doesn't have some mechanics you can cheese nicely with the legs (again if you have them).

I can't claim to know everything on M+ but:
    Helya - you can spellreflect the dot from the destructor tentacles (really useful as it hits like a truck on higher keys).
    2nd Boss in NL - Can spellreflect 'Sunder' - It's a bit difficult to time this as the cast is really fast, but it's useful.

There's a spreadsheet with all of this in the pinned messages on the Warrior Discord (can't remember the url for it), that's also generally a very useful place for info on tanking etc.

I've been wondering for a while if there's an up to date source with all of these nice little tips for each M+ dungeon, I pug a lot and it seems like lots of groups appear to want me to know various things (ie resetting the blobs at start of arcway by running out of instance after they split), I've also heard of things like being able to shield everyone on Skovald with the shield and have them keep the shield, or bugging the fel rush on the 2nd Boss in BRH. There were a few threads with this kind of stuff, but they're all pretty out of date. Would be useful to start one, but my knowledge isn't so great to do it, it would be full of blanks!

In prior xpacs, Draemii's group maintained a CM spreadsheet, but I haven't seen as much info for m+, probably because most of the people running high end CMs lost interest in m+ until the invitational was announced. The Skovald bug was actually fixed last Tuesday, sadly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loosecannon View Post
    Helya - you can spellreflect the dot from the destructor tentacles
    Lord Jesus Christ what the fuck I've been dying at a high Helya key on tyrannical maybe about 3 or 4 weeks ago exactly because of those stupid tentacles I ended up having to basically give every single cooldown I had in that phase >.<

Is there a magic place where there's a list of things you can Spell Reflect? If not, we should make one xD

Quote Originally Posted by Bebbl89 View Post
    Lord Jesus Christ what the fuck I've been dying at a high Helya key on tyrannical maybe about 3 or 4 weeks ago exactly because of those stupid tentacles I ended up having to basically give every single cooldown I had in that phase >.<

Is there a magic place where there's a list of things you can Spell Reflect? If not, we should make one xD
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...CrXs8s/preview
    i think that everything that benefits from spellreflect and block is here, there is an aura too, but seems like isnot complete and i didnot tested it
    https://wago.io/N1BHVIavz

hi guys i really need some help, if u can give me a advice how tank KJ well i read guides, i see youtube videos but still die so many times soo plz i accept any tips or help, also say in our guild we just need to soak the first armagedon , we really have lots of inmunes but we need progress and i feel im wasn't doing well my job , so plz i leave some logs but i cant forst time i ask for help and advice.

Antheros warrior protection 110
    US-Ragnaros
    Guild LFC
    Ally

sorry for my bad eng.

Quote Originally Posted by delkay View Post
    hi guys i really need some help, if u can give me a advice how tank KJ well i read guides, i see youtube videos but still die so many times soo plz i accept any tips or help, also say in our guild we just need to soak the first armagedon , we really have lots of inmunes but we need progress and i feel im wasn't doing well my job , so plz i leave some logs but i cant forst time i ask for help and advice.
    I find KJ (nm/hc) pretty easy to tank as a warrior.
    Some tipps:
    - i soak the big armageddon with shield wall + ignore pain (during intermission)
    - i soak the small ones if i'm not tanking and don't have a debuff (i just leap to them, so that my dps spends less time moving)

Felclaws:
    - start with Demo Shout and Shield Block, after the 3rd claw count to 1 and press Nel. Fury (i also use Last Stand for every second claws, just to be "more" save)
    - press Shield Block again right after Nel. Fury in case you've pressed it to early or your OT is slow add taunting
    - off taunt right after the 5th Claw
    - i P3 the Claw timings will get delayed due to him casting stuff, just adapt

Open up another Skada Meter and set it to Damage Taken. There you will see the colors of damaging abilities. For physical you will see yellow, for shadow you will see purpe, for fire you will see orange etc. It really helps to distinguish damage types. For physical damage there should be a shield block up always and for the rest : Spell Reflection.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I find KJ (nm/hc) pretty easy to tank as a warrior.
    Some tipps:
    - i soak the big armageddon with shield wall + ignore pain (during intermission)
    - i soak the small ones if i'm not tanking and don't have a debuff (i just leap to them, so that my dps spends less time moving)

Felclaws:
    - start with Demo Shout and Shield Block, after the 3rd claw count to 1 and press Nel. Fury (i also use Last Stand for every second claws, just to be "more" save)
    - press Shield Block again right after Nel. Fury in case you've pressed it to early or your OT is slow add taunting
    - off taunt right after the 5th Claw
    - i P3 the Claw timings will get delayed due to him casting stuff, just adapt
    More tips:
    For soaking Armageddon Hail, you can pop shield block and face towards the boss (the damage gets blocked) I soak both big meteors in intermission phase this way

On the knockback thing, you can intercept people mid-air to not get knocked (don't know if it's any usefull but pretend it is D: )
    Also on the knockback from the middle, you can intercept the boss so he doesn't move

Create a new window on SKADA and set it to DAMAGE TAKEN. There you see the damage types with their individiual colors. Physical is yellow, Fire is orange, Shadow is purple, Nature is green etc. This way it is easy to distinguish damage types from each other.

For Physical damage the Shield Block must be up all times.
    For the rest use Spell Reflection.
    Last edited by Ferodin; 2017-09-16 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    More tips:
    For soaking Armageddon Hail, you can pop shield block and face towards the boss (the damage gets blocked) I soak both big meteors in intermission phase this way
    Is shield block enough to survive it, or are you using other CDs with it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Is shield block enough to survive it, or are you using other CDs with it?
    Just shield block and few IP casts if I pool some rage

If it crit blocks, I won't notice anything
    If it normal blocks, it tickles me

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Just shield block and few IP casts if I pool some rage

If it crit blocks, I won't notice anything
    If it normal blocks, it tickles me
    Interesting. But why does it work? According to the dungeon journal armageddon hail does roughly 21 million damage on heroic. With my 55% armor that'd be 9.45 million. With (non-critical) block that'd still be 5.9 million. What am I missing?

Please excuse my ignorance. I only tanked KJ once on normal, and didn't have to soak, and I don't want to make a fool of myself if I have to soak