Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Strong 1v1 class in Legion

I have always liked playing classes that are strong in 1v1's (dueling mostly). Usually these classes have some self healing abilities, though that's not always necessary. Can anyone please tell me what classes are considered strong for 1v1 as of right now in Legion?

Rogue, Monks and tanks in general

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allergisch View Post
    Rogue, Monks and tanks in general
    Rogues which spec? Also do you have any input on warlocks, shadow priests, fury warriors?

Assassination rogues are beastly in duels currently.

All rogue specs are strong, but sub in legion has more survivability. Shadow is garbage, affliction is somewhat good against melees and very strong against casters. Fury was strong too but they nerfed their self heal so I dont know how it is performing atm

Mages are also good, frost is one shotting but I bet they will nerf it. Fire is pretty strong imo

Assa rogues. Garrote/hemo/rupture/stun with bleed talent,exaguinate, bye bye

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoul69 View Post
    Rogues which spec?
    Sub seems balanced
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

In instanced pvp all 3 rogue spec are good. They all have their own perk actually. Assa is single target burst and multi target bleed pressure, but its less survivable then the other 2 specs and have minimal cc (for a rogue). Outlaw is well rounded, very high cc, good burst with ability like Canon barrage and Plunder. Very good survivability as well. Sub is super high survivability and utility with pvp talents. Its burst is minimal, it has constant damage thought and has the best mobility of any melee spec, impossible to kite it.

In world pvp it doesent even matter, there no pvp template. If you cant remove dot/debuff/become immune. Heres what happen to non-tank. Cheapshot, dead. Im not even kidding world pvp is just, well its more like vanilla then it ever been. So to give an example in arena a sub rogue shadow strike might crit for 150-200k. In world pvp mine was regularly critting for 450k+. Same for DFA. You are lucky in arena if it crits for 300k, in world pvp it crits for 1 million.

Other world pvp specs: any tank. They will do like rogue instantly blow you up because of no template. Fire mages as well (but they can blow up first).
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-07-18 at 11:31 PM.

might I ask what gives sub rogues so much health back? I am very curious as a non-rogue player that considers it as an alt.

% of health regen while stealthed. Such an OP thing

Fury + ferals seem strong too. (but ya as of now tanks re just kings of 1v1 asp in WPvP where pvp templates do not apply)

Deleted
    Affliction Warlock

on the ptr I beat everybody without even trying except Unholy Dks, but they're op

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Affliction Warlock

on the ptr I beat everybody without even trying except Unholy Dks, but they're op
    Does lock have a lot of self heals? Do you use drain life also as affli?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Sub seems balanced
    Also this seems like something that will get nerfed soon.

Deleted
    Does lock have a lot of self heals? Do you use drain life also as affli?
    Drain Life is the filler spell yes. You also have Siphon Life, a new(old) dot that heals you for 100% of the dmg dealt over its duration.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this seems like something that will get nerfed soon.
    this guy is a rank 1 gladiator streamer fighting against two scrubs probably

Deleted
    Affliction Warlock

How are dk's then? is there a melee or caster that can beat them? Outside tanks, don't care about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what about monks, how are windwalkers faring? I've never played a monk and am wondering whether it would be fun rolling with one for pvp purposes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Sub seems balanced
    It doesn't matter how op a spec is it's not worth having to deal with those sound effects.

Literally ear cancer.

Deleted
    So no one mention DH.. They are also strong in duels. So is holy paladins actually- they can pump out some damage while healing. All class and spec got the potential for being good in 1v1, but tanks rogues and DH seems to have a edge over most others. Warlocks can also be really good
    Something like arms can also be good - you have to burst like crazy and pray, and if you don't kill your enemy fast YOU will get REKT very easily

this guy is a rank 1 gladiator streamer fighting against two scrubs probably
    Yep those 2 were pretty bad, i mean the mage was casting pyro blast while rogue was meleeing him to death...pro mage is pro. Also war wasnt good either >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    It doesn't matter how op a spec is it's not worth having to deal with those sound effects.

Literally ear cancer.
    +10000000

Nobody has complained about it?

WW monk and Fury warriors are the only things that really gave my Demo lock trouble. But those two shut me down.