Deleted
    Kinda sucks being the only melee rooted in place by 3 different abilities. FoF, Chi Wave and now Whirling Dragon Punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenyatta View Post
    I just spent 30k over the past 10 days trying to get all Versatilitied out and I log in to find that Versa is low man on the totem pole. Before I go spend another short fortune on stuff to replace what I just bought, is it for sure that Mastery is the new go to stat?
    Mastery is good, and less than 15-20% haste makes it just not flow well at all. Only ran AMR with almost default APL and mastery/haste was about 1% ahead of haste/mastery and some more compared to crit heavy setups.

Does Serenity at 21%+ haste under BL lead to two FoFs per serenity cast? Still didn't get around to itemize for that, only got 18%.
    Last edited by meob; 2016-08-05 at 11:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meob View Post
    Does Serenity at 21%+ haste under BL lead to two FoFs per serenity cast? Still didn't get around to itemize for that, only got 18%.
    Yes. I have quite a bit more Haste than that (geared for the highest benefit to ChiEx before the patch ) and I can more or less comfortably fit 2 FoFs into Serenity when BL is up. I can't fill all GCDs because RSK/FoF would otherwise come out off CD while the GCD is still ticking. Should work with less Haste than what I have (around 26% I think), too. Mathematically, the breakpoint is 20%.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

For mythic+, are WW actually in the same spot as in CMs where multi>crit and now mastery overshadows haste again?

Those trash encounters on M+ runs I saw on stream looked really, well... short.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meob View Post
    For mythic+, are WW actually in the same spot as in CMs where multi>crit and now mastery overshadows haste again?

Those trash encounters on M+ runs I saw on stream looked really, well... short.
    You're asking a very specific situation for something that won't be around yet for another month. Stat weights for things like CM and Mythic+ aren't as easy to run as a raid boss. Mastery is the better stat overall right now in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xenyatta View Post
    I just spent 30k over the past 10 days trying to get all Versatilitied out and I log in to find that Versa is low man on the totem pole. Before I go spend another short fortune on stuff to replace what I just bought, is it for sure that Mastery is the new go to stat?
    Since you called 30k a small fortune, why would you spend that much for a very very small % increase for only 5 or 6 weeks of nerfed content?

Not sure where you're seeing Versatility as the lowest stat, my site says:

Whirling Dragon Punch – Agility >> Mastery > Critical = Haste = Versatility

Serenity – Agility >> Mastery >> Critical = Versatility > Haste

So its tied for 2nd for both Serenity and WDP.

If you want to min/max for a few % for the next 3 weeks, then go for it, but that gold will be best used in Legion.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Since you called 30k a small fortune, why would you spend that much for a very very small % increase for only 5 or 6 weeks of nerfed content?
    I have 3 million gold and I consider anything above 10k a short fortune even though I make it back in under a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Not sure where you're seeing Versatility as the lowest stat, my site says:
    Whirling Dragon Punch – Agility >> Mastery > Critical = Haste = Versatility
    Serenity – Agility >> Mastery >> Critical = Versatility > Haste
    So its tied for 2nd for both Serenity and WDP.
    I read this at 4am and at quick glance it looked like it read for WDP that it was last because of how it was positioned I looked at the words not the arrows or equal signs in my desperation to go to sleep.
    Last edited by Xenyatta; 2016-08-05 at 06:32 PM.

Question about using SCK stacks effectively:

I'm wondering how many stacks (roughly) SCK needs before it becomes the better button to push over WDP and even FoF? Also wondering if these numbers are different depending on whether I'm using RJW or Combo talent? Or if I shouldn't be using RJW at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    Question about using SCK stacks effectively:

I'm wondering how many stacks (roughly) SCK needs before it becomes the better button to push over WDP and even FoF? Also wondering if these numbers are different depending on whether I'm using RJW or Combo talent? Or if I shouldn't be using RJW at all?
    Right now Hit Combo is strong enough that RJW doesn't really have a place. For SCK to be top priority you need to have at least 12 stacks and hit 12 targets.

What is going to be the best way to maximize SCK? Something like https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/enemy-grid? Trying to cycle through a group of mobs with tab? Mouseover macros on enemy name plates?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutpile View Post
    What is going to be the best way to maximize SCK? Something like https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/enemy-grid? Trying to cycle through a group of mobs with tab? Mouseover macros on enemy name plates?
    Any of those are all good options, a combination of all of them or whatever works best for you.

So about me going Serenity still... that's retired. After testing and SimC I'm going WDP full time for now. WDP is an uptick of about 3k dps over Serenity for me. Sad to see a level 100 talent be that much worse than another.

For those wondering about stat weights, you can use SimC and get your stat weights for your gear, and even plug in new gear/enchants/gems without wasting in game gold and time. The stat guidelines are general and do not always match your exact gear and stat allotment.

ya it's pretty lame the talent that gives you big dick ST burst is worse than the one meant for AoE

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    ya it's pretty lame the talent that gives you big dick ST burst is worse than the one meant for AoE
    If blizzard would fix RJW to make its duration be affected by Serenity, then Serenity would be better for AoE burst.
    Last edited by Kibster; 2016-08-06 at 05:54 PM.

Seeing this in the latest hotfixes got me pretty confused....

"Transfer the Power artifact trait reduced by 40% in PvP
    Transfer the Power will be a 30% increase to Fists of Fury damage at 10 stacks, down from 50%."

What's up? didn't TTP get nerfed long ago to be 1% per stack? so now it's back at 5% with 3% in pvp? don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, but ugh, when did they change it back exactly?O:

Quote Originally Posted by Kibster View Post
    If blizzard would fix RJW to make its duration be affected by Serenity, then Serenity would be better for AoE burst.
    Serenity is not ST burst only - being able to perform 3 FoFs (with >20% haste) also equates to tremendous AoE burst - not to mention being able to weave SCK in there as well. Whilst in WoD serenity was definitely a ST talent in Legion because of the SCK change as well as the cd reduction whilst in serenity; serenity is O longer explicitly a ST talent and fits the theme of lvl 100 talents which are AoE talents that are also good for ST.

CO is for someone looking for passive damage and not needing thought, WDP exists as the most active and consistent damage talent and serenity exists as a low/moderate activity but high burst damage talent.

The main issues of serenity are it isn't augmented by the artefact when SEF is and/or it only having 1 charge (reducing cool down to 1 min or by haste could also potentially make serenity competitive).
    Last edited by Juliansfist; 2016-08-07 at 12:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjugate View Post
    What's up? didn't TTP get nerfed long ago to be 1% per stack? so now it's back at 5% with 3% in pvp? don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, but ugh, when did they change it back exactly?O:
    I think it's an oversight on what they wrote. I've already messaged the devs about the confusion.

They need to bring up the alternatives to hit combo and make the 100 talents more competitive as well. Chi Orbit is nuked to irrelevance and Serenity despite requiring more complexity and being an active cooldown that requires judgement is performing worse than WDP....

The obvious order should be Serenity>WDP>Chi Orbit, and the differences shouldn't be as vast as they are...

Is it really true that Serenity isnt the best choice for ST. Felt like it preformed very well during Ursoc Legion testing.

Also how much better is hit combo than RJW on bosses with lots of AoE and cleave. Altho hit combo isnt hard to keep up, having to use SCK for AoE dont feel as good as having RJW and then SCK ontop
    Last edited by Ustabil; 2016-08-07 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    Is it really true that Serenity isnt the best choice for ST. Felt like it preformed very well during Ursoc Legion testing.

Also how much better is hit combo than RJW on bosses with lots of AoE and cleave. Altho hit combo isnt hard to keep up, having to use SCK for AoE dont feel as good as having RJW and then SCK ontop

The problem is most mobs die within a fist of fury, WDP, and strike of the windlord combo, and if that doesn't do it they'll die to a SCK. Hit Combo basically adds 16% extra damage to all of those, making RJW seem puny by comparison.

They just overbuffed Hit Combo for no reason while oddly leaving Xuen the worst pick and making RJW a niche sustained AoE pick with also inferior single target.

Adding flat % damage buff talents is always a terrible idea. Usually those are the talents winning out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post

On average, in the hands of most players, and in most situations WDP will prove to be better. However in the right hands and situation, Serenity can still be very strong.