Page 1 of 124
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

[WINDWALKER] 7.X Discussion thread

Hello, I'm Babylonius. You may have heard of me from such places as MMO-Champion, WoWhead, WalkingTheWind, Discord, Icy-Veins, or ChiBurst.

Rather than reinvent the wheel, here are the relevant links for Windwalker resources:

Guides:
    PeakOfSerenity - A Monk site for Monks, by Monks
    WoWHead - The site for all your WoW needs also has a guide, maintained by Babylonius.

Other:
    Discord - the main chat channel for conversations about all things Monk
    CheckMyWoW - This site focuses on analyzing WarcraftLogs data to tell you how you performed. It is currently still under construction but the Windwalker portion works well enough and will be improved over time.

As more resources become available, I will add them to this list.

- - - Updated - - -

May want to review the last few pages of the Legion discussion thread as much has already been answered there:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ussion/page107
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2017-03-30 at 03:40 PM.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Hello
    What are you guys expecting on the Monk's scaling throughout the extension ?
    For sure it will depends on future patches but atm, is the scaling better than WoD or it will follows the same way ?
    This fact is something that will help me to choose, I'm vacillating between feral and WW.
    The huge presence of flat damage (smoothed by armor ect..) / and the quasi-absence of passive which will scale on gear besides flat damage make me doubt a lot.

tried to check hina's Dropbox for a list of trinket at 100, but it looks like its down, can you give it to us ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaprah View Post
    tried to check hina's Dropbox for a list of trinket at 100, but it looks like its down, can you give it to us ?
    There's a link to it on the prepatch guide on my site. Not at my PC so can't easily copy/paste links.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eidoh View Post
    Hello
    What are you guys expecting on the Monk's scaling throughout the extension ?
    For sure it will depends on future patches but atm, is the scaling better than WoD or it will follows the same way ?
    This fact is something that will help me to choose, I'm vacillating between feral and WW.
    The huge presence of flat damage (smoothed by armor ect..) / and the quasi-absence of passive which will scale on gear besides flat damage make me doubt a lot.
    It's very very difficult to give assumptions about how WW will be in Legion, nearly impossible to tell how they will compare months after. No one has run stat weights in Legion in awhile, we'll get to it again in the next few weeks. I can say that WW should scale very smoothly without big changes to how it plays and feels.

alright thank you for your fast and clear response

Deleted
    a good thread concerning the problems with SEF:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17612491605

let's hope they can fix this before the launch of Legion

Hi, i don't understand the "highest priority system" rotation.

Isn't there a good rotation guide to maximize dps during burst, i mean what would be the sequence of skills to get the best dmg output using the T18 4PC and archi trinket.

Basically its a priority system in which the highest priority ability should always be used. So if you have trinkets/ring procing etc you would use whatever is available from the top of the list down. Obviously without ever using the same ability twice in a row...

Anybody else ecstatic with the changes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    Anybody else ecstatic with the changes?
    Having played Windwalker on the beta, I do enjoy it a lot more than on live/wod version. Finally I can log in (tomorrow) and having something new in the game to look at.
    Hi

I also enjoy it much more, just wish the SEF bug didn't go live.

Well look at this shiny new thread! Although I was kinda sad to see the old one closed after spending the better part of a year reading it daily. Here's hoping the conversation continues here!

Quick question about the SEF bug. Do we have any confirmation that it's a bug and not intended?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    Well look at this shiny new thread! Although I was kinda sad to see the old one closed after spending the better part of a year reading it daily. Here's hoping the conversation continues here!

Quick question about the SEF bug. Do we have any confirmation that it's a bug and not intended?
    Yes, the issues with SEF are all bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody else absolutely HATE the new Mastery: Combo Strikes?
    I was extremely happy when I saw Blackout Kick being reduced to 1 chi, which solved my downtime issues.
    However now it feels like there's more downtime than ever, because I cannot use 2 blackout kick in a row without feeling like I'm hindering my damage.

SEF bug? What exactly is it?

SEF bug? What exactly is it?
    The clones are not benefiting from mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Anybody else absolutely HATE the new Mastery: Combo Strikes?
    I was extremely happy when I saw Blackout Kick being reduced to 1 chi, which solved my downtime issues.
    However now it feels like there's more downtime than ever, because I cannot use 2 blackout kick in a row without feeling like I'm hindering my damage.
    The mastery itself is fine, losing some damage occasionally on our two weakest abilities (TP and BoK) is nothing compared to not using an available GCD.
    The problem I'm having is with Hit Combo, which when paired with a free BoK and everything else on CD, means that I have to do one of the following: use a TP at full Chi, drop my Hit Combo stacks with the second BoK, or just wait for something to come off of CD. All three options feel terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibster View Post
    The mastery itself is fine, losing some damage occasionally on our two weakest abilities (TP and BoK) is nothing compared to not using an available GCD.
    The problem I'm having is with Hit Combo, which when paired with a free BoK and everything else on CD, means that I have to do one of the following: use a TP at full Chi, drop my Hit Combo stacks with the second BoK, or just wait for something to come off of CD. All three options feel terrible.
    You can use crackling jade lightning and/or flying serpent kick (double tap so you don't go very far) and it counts as a damage source (CJL doesn't even have to tick, just casted) for our mastery.

EDIT: When I say use CJL, I mean cast it and instantly interrupt it. It doesn't have to do any damage, just as long as you cast it between two BoK's (or whatever you've got available to use) you're good.

My mythic hfc staff weapon has disappeared and is replace by Brewmasher's Staff? Is that suppose to happen in this prepatch?

Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    My mythic hfc staff weapon has disappeared and is replace by Brewmasher's Staff? Is that suppose to happen in this prepatch?
    Your old weapon should be in your bags.