Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotdabow View Post
    TP at full chi = loss of chi, energy, and a global, whereas using CJL/FSK at full chi only costs you the global. You can then use BoK without losing the mastery damage or hit combo stacks.
    did you completely miss the second sentence?
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    At that point your better off using tiger punch at full chi. Whenever I have downtime I just cycle through tp and bok and your cds will come up before you run out of energy, and by the time you run out of cds your energy is back so you lost nothing
    At full chi, Tiger Palm does 105% attack power damage at the expense of 50 energy and 1 chi (aka capping out). Spinning Crane Kick does 400% over 1.5 seconds at the expense of 3 chi. Plus (though I'm not sure), Spinning Crane Kick gains an automatic 50% damage increase due to you attacking a unique target making it 600% over 1.5 seconds.
    Doesn't it make more sense to just use Spinning Crane Kick and then Tiger Palm/Blackout Kick as Babylonius mentioned instead of using Tiger Palm when capped to preserve Hit Combo/mastery?
    Last edited by Neophyter; 2016-07-20 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Forgot that Blackout Kick was just used in the scenario.

So I've got a question, since our 4pc has got changed for "Mastrful Srikes" I really don't see the massive benefit of 10% mastery on the next ( individual) attack or maybe multiples with FOF, unless the uptime is almost constant which I've not messed wit to see. My question is, I have gear that would take me from roughly 732 to 735+ if I lost the piece bonuses... Would that be the best thing to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Methosmv View Post
    So I've got a question, since our 4pc has got changed for "Mastrful Srikes" I really don't see the massive benefit of 10% mastery on the next ( individual) attack or maybe multiples with FOF, unless the uptime is almost constant which I've not messed wit to see. My question is, I have gear that would take me from roughly 732 to 735+ if I lost the piece bonuses... Would that be the best thing to do?
    The set bonus outweighs the ilvl jump. You get 2 +10% mastery attacks from RSK, and 3 from FoF. They can stack. It's really not something you need to pay attention to... its pretty passive and automatic. Also, one channel of FoF only consumes 1 stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    a good thread concerning the problems with SEF:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17612491605

let's hope they can fix this before the launch of Legion
    this please please please, I hate the current version of SEF with a passion.

I feel like this has to have been mentioned somewhere before, but if not maybe this will be useful for someone? Just tested that casting then instantly breaking the channel of CJL will trigger mastery if used between repeat moves, even if CJL does no damage. Benefits, if any, would be very fringe since you do lose or delay auto attacks doing this, I haven't tested thoroughly how badly tho. Maybe a burst AoE situation with Ascension (if it is ever buffed) or Energizing Elixir where you want to get your SCKs off quicker? Also of possibly more benefit, doing that refreshes Hit Combo, again very fringe benefit. Only other kind of odd thing that refreshes hit combo that could be useful is FSK.

Probably already mentioned somewhere but I don't remember hearing about it so thought it could be interesting.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    I feel like this has to have been mentioned somewhere before, but if not maybe this will be useful for someone? Just tested that casting then instantly breaking the channel of CJL will trigger mastery if used between repeat moves, even if CJL does no damage. Benefits, if any, would be very fringe since you do lose or delay auto attacks doing this, I haven't tested thoroughly how badly tho. Maybe a burst AoE situation with Ascension (if it is ever buffed) or Energizing Elixir where you want to get your SCKs off quicker? Also of possibly more benefit, doing that refreshes Hit Combo, again very fringe benefit. Only other kind of odd thing that refreshes hit combo that could be useful is FSK.

Probably already mentioned somewhere but I don't remember hearing about it so thought it could be interesting.
    yeah it got brough up in Discord the other day. I'm hoping to have a list of things that do and do not break mastery/hit combo on the site before Legion is released.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Has anyone tried anzu's cursed plume? It looks like it has pretty good stats but I only have the heroic version in my bag. I tried it and it gave me 14% mastery on a 50% uptime+~3% vers, so I'd be interested if someone could test the mythic version :b.

Idk if the loss of agility compared to soul cap/motb is worth it tho.
    Last edited by Bigo; 2016-07-21 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigo View Post
    Has anyone tried anzu's cursed plume? It looks like it has pretty good stats but I only have the heroic version in my bag. I tried it and it gave me 14% mastery on a 50% uptime+~3% vers, so I'd be interested if someone could test the mythic version :b.

I took off SDI for plume and I am loving it. It has great uptime for the damage boost. I am considering running mythic again with my team for a chance at a mythic one.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigo View Post

http://hinalover.altervista.org/SimC...t_compare.html
    ----------

I'm still confused if it's better to cast CJL or SCK when at max Chi with no cooldown available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinchouka View Post
    http://hinalover.altervista.org/SimC...t_compare.html
    ----------

I'm still confused if it's better to cast CJL or SCK when at max Chi with no cooldown available.
    If you need to dump Chi then cast SCK, if not then CJL/FSK. If you cast either of those then you want to cancel them right away since HC/Mastery is applied on cast, not on damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    I took off SDI for plume and I am loving it. It has great uptime for the damage boost. I am considering running mythic again with my team for a chance at a mythic one.
    SDI is still our top trinket as it allows you to keep up Masterful strikes with ease. You shouldn't be seeing a benefit from dropping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post

- - - Updated - - -

SDI is still our top trinket as it allows you to keep up Masterful strikes with ease. You shouldn't be seeing a benefit from dropping it.
    I mean, sure, but if you're using RJW, you'll be using BoK less often, which means that the trinket will have less opportunities to trigger.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

What are the haste breakpoints for extra FoF's within Serenity usage.
    It seemed last night that during lust I could get 2 FoF's within Serenity's window, with the last one clipping the end and still getting it's CD reduced.

To me this seems like a pretty substantial haste breakpoint to reach, was curious if there was any math around this yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foncy View Post
    What are the haste breakpoints for extra FoF's within Serenity usage.
    It seemed last night that during lust I could get 2 FoF's within Serenity's window, with the last one clipping the end and still getting it's CD reduced.

To me this seems like a pretty substantial haste breakpoint to reach, was curious if there was any math around this yet.
    at 20% haste you should be able to fit most of a 2nd FoF under Serenity if you get double Warsong proc and are during Bloodlust. Thats the only real breakpoint. If you have bloodlust up then you should be able to get a 2nd FoF with at least the CD reduction with no problem, without BL it would be hard.

50% haste puts FoF at 16 seconds without serenity. you technically only need like 16%+ haste with lust to get under 8 second FoF during serenity. You probably also need a macro to use serenity and fof at the same time since it would be cutting it stupidly close.

For OP:

quick clarification on AoE

Should i just build and tab target with Jab?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    For OP:

quick clarification on AoE

Should i just build and tab target with Jab?
    Yes. Use Tiger Palm to build SCK stacks, but also make sure that FoF and WDP are on cooldown before using Chi on SCK; they hit harder.

Tried a few BGs on windwalker and it feels almost unplayable without the FoF stun and only 5 yd range, I can't hit anythig after the first tick of damage. The pvp talent with extra range and the stun feels 100% mandatory

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Tried a few BGs on windwalker and it feels almost unplayable without the FoF stun and only 5 yd range, I can't hit anythig after the first tick of damage. The pvp talent with extra range and the stun feels 100% mandatory
    That's why pvp is built around 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    The Mastery doesn't feel like a damage reward, it feels like a damage loss if you can't keep it up.
    It's not "cool I get 30% extra damage" it's "damn I lost 30% damage because my cooldowns didn't line up".
    Fine but you can make the same conclusion about any optimal rotation in the game. That's like saying you hate having to keep Immolate up in Destruction Warlock because you feel penalized when it falls off.