Page 1 of 52
... LastLast

[7.2] Legion Holy Priest Discussion

This thread is for holy priest discussion. If anyone is planning on writing a guide (or has one started) let me know and I'll do some thread editing.

AutomaticJak has written a guide located here.
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-09-14 at 04:59 PM.

Maybe I'll wind up resurrecting my guide when I get a handle on things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Is Trail of Light working on live?

Quote Originally Posted by Bareturtle View Post
    Newp. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Bareturtle View Post
    They fixed it.

To be clear, it heals your previous target only. What that means is that every flash heal that you cast on a second target will heal the first target for 40%. To clarify further, a target CANNOT benefit from a 140% flash heal on a second flash heal to the same target.

So how do you move it? Like if I want to put Trail of Light on Target X and I flash heal target X then target Y, target X should get 40% of target y's healing. If I spam on target Y does it transfer to target Y or no? Say I flash heal Target X, then Y, then Z. Trail of Light should be left on Target Y correct? It's a bit confusing.

How's holy shaping up with the changes on the current build? I have been leveling my priest and I absolutely hate Disc, but it's obviously been way better in WoD by all accounts. Looks like the disc thread is still 50x more popular, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuram View Post
    How's holy shaping up with the changes on the current build? I have been leveling my priest and I absolutely hate Disc, but it's obviously been way better in WoD by all accounts. Looks like the disc thread is still 50x more popular, though...
    Holy seems to be doing great atm.

Might be because disc has been stupidly OP for the past 2 xpacs. A lot of the discussion going on now is about how underpowered disc feels (which it is) without the artifact. It'll probably get a buff shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Coryam View Post
    They fixed it.

To be clear, it heals your previous target only. What that means is that every flash heal that you cast on a second target will heal the first target for 40%. To clarify further, a target CANNOT benefit from a 140% flash heal on a second flash heal to the same target.
    That doesn't describe a "fixed" version of Trail of Light...

It's still bugged; I'm FHealing myself directly for 24k, as I type...even with Archimonde class trinket.

Hello guys, I am playing as holy priest in WoD and now with the patch 7.0x my healing drop a lot. I am doing around 65k per fight, compare pre patch 100k+.
    Maybe I am doing something worng, using the wrongs spells talents? Or holy priest will be good only in lvl 110?
    This is the talents that I am using:
    http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#GV3W
    My stats are mastery (39%) > crit (18%) > versa (10%) > haste (20%).

What are you impression so far?

So far my impressions are holy is in a good spot pre patch. I'm running similar talents, Halo > Divinity for me, and Apotheosis > Circle of Healing, but i like it so far. I have similar stats atm and it feels great. Granted heroic isn't as much of a challenge and i have to seriously push buttons to run out of mana, but it's a lot of fun so far.

Did they kill the Surge of light, Divine Star Combo?

Yes they did, your divine star and halo now has a single proc chance to trigger Surge of Light on cast instead of having multiple chances based on amount of targets healed.

What are good talent priorities? Haven't played holy since WOTLK I think, a lot of this is quite new.

Ok so current feelings about this: Mastery > Crit > haste > vers. I ran through to mythic kilrogg and found that harder fights with more aoe healing (i.e. reaver, kormrok, council) I shined particularly well especially with good grouping on the HW: Sanc.

As far as talents go, these must be taken with a grain of salt depending on your raid composition.

Tier 1 & 5 pairing:
    Fights with high amounts of sustained damage raid wide Tier 5 talent binding heal feels better along with tier 1 enduring renewal to keep up renew on multiple targets without re-casting.

Fights with a little more burst I like tier 5 surge of light along with enlightenment (as im more likely to be overspending mana to keep people from dropping too low).

Tier 2
    Stays the same, desperate prayer is my standard however for movement heavy fights such as archi, reaver etc angelic feather is quite nice in life or death situations.

Tier 6 & 7
    Stay the same with divinity and circle of healing.

Deleted
    Hi guys. Basically I haven't been following legion beta and such so how committed do you have to be to the spec you chose? Can you swap between disc and holy quite well or is it not really manageable? How does this work now?

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...c=hps&sample=1

So, I am reading good stuff about holy and disc, but some hours until I can sit and play myself to feel how it really is. I decided to check how warcraft logs are doing this day, annnnnnnnnnnnnd why are we last again lol

It almost feels like when Hellfire citadel was coming out and I was maining Holy. #neverforget #bestclasstrinket #best4set

Quote Originally Posted by Healprincess View Post

So, I am reading good stuff about holy and disc, but some hours until I can sit and play myself to feel how it really is. I decided to check how warcraft logs are doing this day, annnnnnnnnnnnnd why are we last again lol

It almost feels like when Hellfire citadel was coming out and I was maining Holy. #neverforget #bestclasstrinket #best4set
    1) The US has had 1 day, EU has not even raided yet
    2) Holy and Disc have had more changes then the other specs (because both were broken in their own way)
    3) There is no balance at level 100

How about we don't start crying just yet...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Healprincess View Post

Holy priests are last because 90% of people that play the spec have no idea how to play it. People keep spamming renew like before and wonder why their healing is terrible then make forums posts how "underpowered" all priest specs are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    1) The US has had 1 day, EU has not even raided yet
    2) Holy and Disc have had more changes then the other specs (because both were broken in their own way)
    3) There is no balance at level 100

How about we don't start crying just yet...
    Nobody is crying, but even if I was, I would do it whenever I felt like it. However when someone starts a sentence with Why, it is usually more of a question, than a complaint (quick facts)

My comment was referring to the similarities in the Warcraft logs data between performance back then and today. I am looking forward to see how this looks like tonight. Although both specs are pretty boring to me these days and if last tier I was slightly disappointed with Holy performance/sets/trinkets etc, this time if there is anywhere near last time in terms of performance/numbers between specs, I will just alt+f4 and never look back. A bit fed up overall with Blizzard's inability to balance specs, just overall, not specifically targeting any class/spec with this comment.
    Last edited by mmocd20d58e44b; 2016-07-20 at 01:16 PM.