Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Link your logs and most likely someone will have a look at it.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m6zNq1nPkDYjfbAR/

Thanks, any info appreciated. The only fight I didn't suck (I think is mistress). I posted the general raid's logs, but I was the only priest in raid, so I guess it will be random to identify everything.
    Last edited by mefhisto1; 2017-11-20 at 07:15 PM.

Deleted
    stop pressing renew
    press more poh/pom
    throw away DGD

report back with results

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for input, what would be the 'cast number' best list? fh, pom, poh, serenity, sanctify, renew? Also, renew only on tanks and when moving and nothing else is possible to cast?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prayer of Mending always on cooldown, always.
    Serenity on cooldown without overheal to much. ~50% HP
    Sanctify on cooldown if needed and you hit at least ~4 Players.
    Flash Heal is your to go spell. Cast as needed, use Heal to save mana if possible
    Heal as filer for low/no damage situations..or just Smite the Boss.
    Prayer of Healing at medium to heavy Raiddamage. Try to heal low AOE-damage with heal/flash heal.

I don't use Renew. And you shouldn't either. Only in heavy movement situations and there is really no ohter way to save someone.
    With Benediction (Level 100 Talent) and Prayer of Mending you spread more than enough Renews trough the Raid. Make sure you cast Prayer on Mending on the active Tank.
    Last edited by Paze; 2017-11-21 at 07:31 PM.

Signature by Aryiana

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that Binding Heal is a viable alternative, that's also much easier on your mana pool. If you don't have a guaranteed Wisdom/Innervate every raid, it might be something to try. Not necessarily better, just different.

Hi!

Is the Varimathras encounter + X'anshi cloak combo working properly? Tanks were always dead from debuffs and no1 knew why and how. Got to the point when looked like they kick the bucket a bit after i proc the cloak for free heals, though i did not see any extra debuff applied on frame at the moment of the suicide, and people were far from me.
    Then did a try where suicide was not an option and it went down smoothly. (No peeking!)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If tanks are "randomly" getting debuffed, it's probably because they are standing too far apart and getting hit by Alone in the Darkness damage. Has nothing to do with cloak but bad positioning.

They swore they did not move a pixel. Doing like 10 tries when they consistently died about 10 seconds after my sacrifice(using Fissure), then the next 2 tries without sacrifice everything goes smoothly, the conclusion were already made. Maybe it was just bad coincident then ^^ it was just weird.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going by the logs, this really does seem to be the case. Awkward as hell, but then again, SoR ghost is a very specific case of fully immune mob, so perhaps the boss goes crazy trying to hit it with Alone in the Darkness and hits his main agro target instead.

Then it would do the same without cloak too, did not test that . We will see next week.
    Thanks for the awesome chatty

This is not the case - ran into the same problem, non-pulling tank was getting wrecked for no reason. Have him wait to taunt until after the cleave cast completes.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatwhacker View Post
    This is not the case - ran into the same problem, non-pulling tank was getting wrecked for no reason. Have him wait to taunt until after the cleave cast completes.
    Check the logs/replay - he's getting hit by Alone in the Darkness, while neither of tanks have changed positions and were perfectly fine for two minutes. There's no accidental cleave, no accidental movement, nothing other than SoR.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Keep in mind that Binding Heal is a viable alternative, that's also much easier on your mana pool. If you don't have a guaranteed Wisdom/Innervate every raid, it might be something to try. Not necessarily better, just different.
    I'm sort of curious on this one. I was doing some comparison on Vari and the top parsing hpriest had binding heal and it seemed quite effected. I'm pretty happy with holy light/flash but is there reason to believe Binding Heal is just better overall? I've not used it before.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that Varimathras has a constant AOE damage on the entire raid, which pushes Binding Heal overhealing down. Usually the majority of self healing from that spell is wasted, so this is a pretty good scenario. Then again, it also means that PoM is constantly jumping is a point in Piety's favour so... eh, they're both competitive talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    So with our 4 set bonus being kinda weird I've set up WeakAuras to track which side is buffed (PoH or FH). I'm running Machination and Pantheon trinkets (I do sometimes swap in Velens if I need DH to be more powerful) but I'm finding I really like the synergy between Soul of the High Priest + 4pc bonus because I can save procs to instantly buff my PoH if needed in AoE situations. If I'm not having trouble with mana issues couple that with Trail of Light (many overheal, I know) and it feels like all these abilities are building on each other.

I know Soul is supposed to be one of the worst legendaries but I haven't seen anyone talk about using it with the 4 set. I could just take Surge of Light but Piety is just too strong to give up.

Just wondering if anyone else is running this setup or if I should look in a different direction. Pantheon trinket is a must and Machination seems really strong, so I'm less inclined to use Velens anymore. Cloak is pretty much mandatory in my raid and plus I love it. I have all the Holy priest legendaries so I really can go in any direction here but I feel like Soul is doing quite well for me right now.

I know some Priests that are taking Binding Heal instead of Piety when switching from t20 to t21. As BH can buff PoH and PoH can buff BH, and it can help reduce the CD on both Holy Words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Binding Heal is pretty great but I have 3x Say Your Prayers relics and on the encounters where there's constant damage (which is most of this tier) that outpaces BH for throughput I think, and then use the free instant flash heals to spot heal and buff PoH besides.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailylia View Post
    Yeah Binding Heal is pretty great but I have 3x Say Your Prayers relics and on the encounters where there's constant damage (which is most of this tier) that outpaces BH for throughput I think, and then use the free instant flash heals to spot heal and buff PoH besides.
    It's not like you can't benefit from benediction and POM with BH though. 20% more BH (if you manage to hit it on CD, which you won't *always* be able to depending on the situation) versus the power of an AOE heal that is as fast as flash and as cheap as heal, which buffs POH by 30% so you can weave them is quite honestly amazing.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's not like you can't benefit from benediction and POM with BH though. 20% more BH (if you manage to hit it on CD, which you won't *always* be able to depending on the situation) versus the power of an AOE heal that is as fast as flash and as cheap as heal, which buffs POH by 30% so you can weave them is quite honestly amazing.
    They're mentioning Surge of Light, which means not having lower PoM cooldown... at which point, there's zero difference with Say Your Prayers? Maybe some funky Trail of Light build and huge crit rate for high uptime of +20% healing buff, but it still seems rather convoluted.

About the only advantage I can see is using Surge of Light to proc Pantheon shields - but this requires two random procs to align in order to not destroy your mana pool. All that so a proc can do more than 0.2% healing, doesn't seem worth it.