Thread: Angelic Flying

Deleted

Angelic Flying

Will we ever get this? Give your guess.

Flying Priests. No?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not. At best it might be a short cooldown ability, but I doubt we'll ever see Priests going about without a flying mount.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    We just might, to be honest. Perhaps as a short cooldown like Ynna said. Consider that Blizzard tends to look at their other games for inspiration. Mercy in Overwatch is probably akin to a Holy Priest and she can fly with her Ultimate.

Yes it's only one button healing, so it's simple to concentrate on the flying first, but do I think it's completely unlikely we'll see something close to it in WoW some day? Not at all. I think there's a chance, however minuscule.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember though that in Ashran we had the Priest consumable that let us fly for 20 seconds, IIRC. However, I'm guessing that's as far as they'll go with that.
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure... why not ....

Always wanted a flying mount that simply makes your character fly/hover.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Always wanted a flying mount that simply makes your character fly/hover.
    Pretty sure demon hunters were hoping to get it first. Also was dissapointed that mage class Mount wasn’t Glenda’s bubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmm I don't think... Priests... want to go around flying, distributing healingz and stuff. And it would look too much anime.

I think Priets should be able to levitate while dealing AoE holy damage though Light Lightning Bolts of Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailylia View Post
    Sure... why not ....
    https://i.imgur.com/0VXtvO7.gif
    I'll fucking die, goddamnit this gif

10+ Year Old Account
    If we still had Glyphs that were allowed to do something, it could be a Glyph associated with Apotheosis and Void Form or something. The animation wouldn't even need changing.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Many classes could have flying ability that works like mounting.
    Monks - already have their cloud (for whatever reason it's slow, I guess no fun allowed)
    Mages - Fly spell (super sayin animation , but yeah, it's a classic fantasy that Wizards can fly)
    Priests - angelic flight, sprouting angel wings, levitate animation (though it might have look ridicolous at 200% mount speed)
    Druids - Flight form, already in
    Shamans - Calling elements of air, animated like in al'akir fight
    Demon Hunters - already have wings, just let them flap them
    Death Knights - Wraith Flight, leave body behind and fly in incorporeal form
    Rogue - I always thought fancy magical non combat artifacts fit Rogue class, as they are attracted to all kinds of precious loot. They could access to magic shoes that let them run in the air

Tbh, when I first heard of class mounts this was more or less what I've been hoping for, instead of giving us another monster to ride they could have been a little bit more imaginative.

Why not. I remember wings being in the game at one point (alpha or ptr) years ago but later removed. Blizzard also said they initially wanted DHs to be able to fly and later changed their minds to only gliding. So I don't see why not. Paladins, priests, DHs, moonkins, they could all fly sort of on their own. Especially as the game gets older and Blizzard is able to do more with animations and graphics they could make it look ok if they wanted to.

That's highly unlikely, given that Blizzard is determinate to remove Flying from current expacs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailylia View Post
    Sure... why not ....

This made my day lol