Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Thankfully BrM will always be good. Outside of irrelevant first pre-tier raid as is tradition.
    At the same time, Windwalker is godly in the pre-raid tier, where it's extremely nerfed, and then hobbles through until the last tier.

Then again, they're changing the way weapon damage is calculated as a whole, so this potentially alleviates the WW issue of not scaling through weapon damage the way other melees do.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

I'm a WW/BrM player, but I do MW time after time. What are the main changes for MW in the BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    I'm a WW/BrM player, but I do MW time after time. What are the main changes for MW in the BFA?
    We lost our artifact ability. That's about it tbh

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    We lost our artifact ability. That's about it tbh
    Not sure if I ever used it besides "I have nothing to do, lets press some buttons" situations.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Not sure if I ever used it besides "I have nothing to do, lets press some buttons" situations.
    I feel outside of Essence of G'hanir, and Light's Wrath, all the healer artifact abilities have been pretty meh. Sure you use them, but they don't impact you much the way G'hanir does. Most of them were "buffs flash heal" type effects, with Gift of the Queen being useful in preparation for giving your raid more HP like on Mythic Il'gynoth or Aggramar.

Mistweaver I think is fine IF they adjust our mana costs slightly, or buff Mastery into the intended playstyle of using EF for the spot healing + buff, then start dumping chunky Vivifies on the raid. It's the way I like playing MW in Legion, but it's not reinforced by our mechanics which lean more towards Mana Tea+RJW+EF. They should also make the hot component of Revival baseline, and make it heal 100% more outside of raids like Tranq/Divine Hymn do.

As per the sig, Life Cocoon needs a buff, big time. It's mostly a personal CD for DPS, like a Blessing of Protection but astronomically weaker.

The focus of Mistweaver feedback in BfA I think should focus on how to fix Life Cocoon, and our Mastery. This would make the spec more fun and interactive and prevent what we have now where realistically some spells are so weak they aren't worth casting.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eminence taken away from MW and given to Hpals in Legion as a PvP talent and now given to them as a proper talent for BfA.

BrM and WW given Azerite traits but the intern working on MW hasn't been around for a while so MW traits have been forgotten.

Discs being given significant reworks/buffs and talent changes; Hpals, Rdruids, Hpriests and Rshams all given minor tweaks/buffs as well as some talent changes/shuffles. MW given nothing except having SG removed.

Someone actually looked at MW for this alpha build and decided the only adjustment needing to be made was to double the CD on Song of Chi-Ji, a talent no one even uses. LOL.

The MW meme-tier status continues.

10+ Year Old Account
    they haven't gotten to mw yet

no need to overthink

7+ Year Old Account
    Really shit. This thread is just an echo chamber now.

Myta: MW will still be sucks
    Sups: MW will be good because xxxx

=>MW always sucks

That is the entire history of this thread in WoD and Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Post-WoD I realized that with half our raid team leaving the game including our MT and our RL, both our tanks, due to family commitments. Our guild was going to downscale massively in Legion, there just aren't enough Japanese or bilingual people in the world playing WoW, or bilingual people who want to raid at 5am US time.
    Then you should ask blizzard to set a server in Japan.

In the future, I hope Blizzard looks at MW and decides where our strength lies, because healers like Hpal have just been the best this expansion, from casual raiding, to mythic raiding, to M+, to PVP. Some healers should not be best at everything, I do think that healers should have strengths and weaknesses, and talents to partially offset(without 100% overcoming) those weaknesses.
    Completely disagree. Blizzard is a company. Company survives for profit, or they will just lose competition with other companies and finally dies. I see no point balancing a game would give blizzard profit. Nerf God tier healers like Hpal, rshaman and disc just makes blizzard lose profit. Disc is an example. They got their shield-shield back because nerfing disc is a huge profit lose for Blizzard.

MWs in BfA need a niche, something that we do really well. Not better than every other healer, but right now every other healer is a shotgun that is good at everything, hell Hpal is better at healing groups solely due to Beacon of Virtue, than a Mistweaver.
    Still why? What can blizzard gain from giving MWs a niche? Their numbers are deliberately tuned bad in order to satisfy other healers.

If we're not going to have cool utility than we need something we are good at that makes people happy they have a Mistweaver, or everything is pretty much pointless.
    Do you think blizzard themselves does not know MW is lack of utility? They are developers and of course, they know. They just deliberately do so.

Sorry, I was right and always will be right. I've said MW wont be good in ToS and even antorus before 7.2.5. I was right, sorry. I see no point MW will be good in BFA either.

However, nowadays tbh i dont care MW at all. I only care old character models. New models look horrible and push me quit the game. I've tried everything to do MODs to bring back blood elves old models.

- - - Updated - - -

The focus of Mistweaver feedback in BfA I think should focus on how to fix Life Cocoon, and our Mastery. This would make the spec more fun and interactive and prevent what we have now where realistically some spells are so weak they aren't worth casting.
    If i were blizzard, i would try everything to nerf and gut MW even more. $$$
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2018-04-04 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    If i were blizzard, i would try everything to nerf and gut MW even more. $$$
    This really makes no sense, your entire argument boils down to:

1. Nerf Mistweavers
    2. ???
    3. Profit!

Hpal is a strong spec, that's why people play it. You assume Illuminati levels of malice and grand design behind no one on the dev team playing Mistweaver.

7+ Year Old Account

1. Nerf Mistweavers
    2. ???
    3. Profit!

Hpal is a strong spec, that's why people play it. You assume Illuminati levels of malice and grand design behind no one on the dev team playing Mistweaver.
    Nerf MW = make paladins more happy = more people play paladins = $$$

Deleted

1. Nerf Mistweavers
    2. ???
    3. Profit!
    His arguments never made sense to begin with and he didn't change them in ... years now? No real reason to believe it will happen now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    His arguments never made sense to begin with and he didn't change them in ... years now? No real reason to believe it will happen now.
    Never make sense? hmhm. LOL. I said MW had to be bad in 7.2.5 and in 7.3 in July last year. If my words made no sense, MW should be good in ToS or in Antorus.

I see no point buffing MW is good for the game. Just like i think adding allied races is bad idea. It harms the game.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2018-04-04 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Never make sense? hmhm. LOL. I said MW had to be bad in 7.2.5 and in 7.3 in July last year. If my words made no sense, MW should be good in ToS or in Antorus.

I see no point buffing MW is good for the game. Just like i think adding allied races is bad idea. It harms the game.
    Considering that Mistweaver has never, ever been a Holy Paladin level healer, there are zero case examples you can point to that shows that when Mistweavers are strong the amount of Holy Paladins playing WoW drops drastically.

There's a difference between thinking MW's are bad, and giving your feedback, and ppl might not 100% agree with your reasoning, but you make your arguments to MW forums and Blizz. I have unpopular Mistweaver opinions, and I cause a low of heat on the MW forums for my unpopular opinions. However it makes no sense that nerfing Mistweaver increases the Holy Paladin population, and buffing it decreases it.

However, lot of the time honestly you have Roswell style conspiracy theories like Blizzard, a billion dollar company thinks a Holy Paladin won't quit the game if Mistweaver was shitter at heals than him, and therefor they'll nerf Mistweavers just on the off chance a Paladin decides not to cancel their sub.

Mythic level HFC Mistweavers were one of the best healers in the game, they were shit at all other levels of content in WoD, but they were good in that specific raid, and guess what, HPal was still godmode, and still mandatory, and still highly played. Right now Mistweaver is 'okay' in Antorus, I'd love to see progression mythic guilds bringing them too, but that is why we bring feedback. All signs point to Blizzard attempting to get Mistweaver right.
    Last edited by Myta; 2018-04-04 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    they haven't gotten to mw yet

no need to overthink
    I want this to be the case.

Seeing Blizzard take even a cursory look at MW and decide that Song CD needs to be doubled is a red flag though. All other healers getting attention from Blizzard and MW getting none is another red flag.

I hope MW changes are coming late because they're doing somewhat of an overhaul but I think they might be left as is instead. I'd argue MW has need serious development attention for all of Legion but with nothing really being done outside of a talent change here and there I get the feeling that Blizzard might like MW just the way it is.

I'm guessing you got into the Alpha again Sups? Are there any other experienced MW'ers giving feedback about the spec in Alpha or is it just the random casuals who clear LFR/normal/heroic and PvP @ 1500 who got access telling Blizzard that MW is fine?
    Last edited by Rife; 2018-04-05 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    I want this to be the case.

Seeing Blizzard take even a cursory look at MW and decide that Song CD needs to be doubled is a red flag though. All other healers getting attention from Blizzard and MW getting none is another red flag.

I hope MW changes are coming late because they're doing somewhat of an overhaul but I think they might be left as is instead. I'd argue MW has need serious development attention for all of Legion but with nothing really being done outside of a talent change here and there I get the feeling that Blizzard might like MW just the way it is.

I'm guessing you got into the Alpha again Sups? Are there any other experienced MW'ers giving feedback about the spec in Alpha or is it just the random casuals who clear LFR/normal/heroic and PvP @ 1500 who got access telling Blizzard that MW is fine?
    it's because it's been the case that 1 class gets huge changes in 1 build (see paladin this build, and disc priest in the previous builds) and they more on to the next class. been the case the whole alpha

my guess is mw might be taking a while because they are doing a lot of changes? wishful thinking i guess xd

anyway i'm assuming the peak of serenity people are giving feedback right. i'm not sure if most of them are in the alpha, but there are still people from there who will give feedback beyond just normal casuals.

when they do feedback threads i'll probably post about fistweaving being garbage and ef/rjw being shit to play with
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2018-04-05 at 05:17 AM.

when they do feedback threads i'll probably post about fistweaving being garbage
    OH. Fistweaving!! It was awful and objectively bad. Nostalgic. Deal with it just like blizzard removed old maps and models. You are vocal minority

#DONTBRINGBACKFW.

Want FW? Wait for MoP legacy server.
    Last edited by dmsoay; 2018-04-05 at 06:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's because it's been the case that 1 class gets huge changes in 1 build (see paladin this build, and disc priest in the previous builds) and they more on to the next class. been the case the whole alpha

my guess is mw might be taking a while because they are doing a lot of changes? wishful thinking i guess xd

anyway i'm assuming the peak of serenity people are giving feedback right. i'm not sure if most of them are in the alpha, but there are still people from there who will give feedback beyond just normal casuals.

when they do feedback threads i'll probably post about fistweaving being garbage and ef/rjw being shit to play with
    I hope you're right and big MW changes are inc. Feels like what's left of the MW community feel the same way about wanting a lot of changes and wishful thinking.

Inb4 your feedback gets SotC buffed to 1% and Blizzard call it a day thinking that fixes FW and ignore the rjw/ef feedback though.
    @dmsoay
    Why would anyone who didn't like FW play a MW at all until Legion?

Plenty of other healers were and still are the 4 button spam caster spec that MW became in Legion.
    Last edited by Rife; 2018-04-05 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    @dmsoay
    Why would anyone who didn't like FW play a MW at all until Legion?

Plenty of other healers were and still are the 4 button spam caster spec that MW became in Legion.
    Same question:
    Why would anyone who didn't like old maps at all until cataclysm. or Why would anyone who dont like old models play at all until legion? or Why would anyone who dont like gift of serpent play at all until legion?

THIS IS YOUR NOSTALGIC.

- - - Updated - - -

STOP REPRESENTING OTHER PLAYERS.

NO TO FW. GAME CHANGES. DEAL WITH IT.
    Last edited by dmsoay; 2018-04-05 at 08:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dmsoay View Post
    OH. Fistweaving!! It was awful and objectively bad. Nostalgic. Deal with it just like blizzard removed old maps and models. You are vocal minority

#DONTBRINGBACKFW.

Want FW? Wait for MoP legacy server.
    i'm shocked you put the effort into a new account cqwertur

I wrote a thread talking about my hopes with BfA, and hopefuly Blizz takes at least some of it to heart.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762296803

ATM Monks feel like vanilla warriors, a class diehards stick with through thick and think, only Monks truly haven't had their moment in the sun yet.