Page 3 of 163 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If you don't find MW bearable in its current form play whatever you prefer until they fix MW which might never happen because Blizzard but at least you're having fun.

I'll go ahead and ask the age-old question here:
    Are any of you fond of a specific raid frame mod?

I used to use HealBot, but want to get away from the click-to-cast style of play and move to a mouse-over macro format instead. Especially with the ability pruning and consolidation of basic effects.

Any advice?

I love the way the default UI looks and is color coded, but holy crap is it annoying to move, size, and customize.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontirektum View Post
    MW does not appeal to me anymore, tried it a few dungeons on beta and the playstyle just felt horrible compared to the spec I fell in love with in WoD.
    Eh?

The only major changes were REM no longer spreading, Uplift being changed into a smart heal that heals 3 people, and Soothing Mist becoming a passive auto-channel. Spell-wise, the spec hasn't changed very much outside of that.

I kind of enjoy not having to worry about Chi anymore, being able to use whatever heal I want, whenever I need it. And being able to cast more than two Uplifts (now Vivify) in a row.

In 5mans, there's really not much of a difference at all between 7.0 and 6.2, so I'm not sure what WoD playstyle you're remembering. You're still hitting REM on cooldown and EM'ing the tank, and using Vivify for AoE damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Uunagi View Post

I used to use HealBot, but want to get away from the click-to-cast style of play and move to a mouse-over macro format instead. Especially with the ability pruning and consolidation of basic effects.

Any advice?

I love the way the default UI looks and is color coded, but holy crap is it annoying to move, size, and customize.
    VuhDo is the best group/raid frame for healing. It's incredibly customizable, and geared towards healing. It also has click healing built-in, and you can set up all kinds of combinations for whatever you want:

Left mouse, Right Mouse, Middle Mouse, and extra mouse buttons
    +Alt
    +Shift
    +Ctrl
    +Ctrl+Shift

so you can have a shitload of different bindings for click healing. Myself, I prefer mouseovers, so I just use right click for Effuse.

Like the link in my signature shows, you can also set up little icons with timers on them, to show just about whatever buff or debuff you want, as well as a few other things. I've got mine set up so that it shows REM timer on the left, EM timer on the right, and Extend Life on the bottom-left.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-07-21 at 02:39 AM.

eh...

the more i play it the more i think the ranged gameplay is better than the fw one

i did all the fight with RT on the first 6 boss of hfc mm and boy that shit aint even competitive when i can just kappaspam123lolxd all my spells with lifecycles+mana tea, even tho my gear isnt really optimized, only got 18% haste, the difference is huge between the 2 styles

with rt: an "ok" hps and dps aint even needed, but at least i felt like i was doing something (key word here being felt)

lifecycle+mt: hps higher than everyone by far, at least i got to see how efficient EF really is tho, that's great, but god shits boring

feelsbad

buff rt thx

edit: ik without artifacts it might not be needed to change/buff rt but god it feels bad to use it right now
    Last edited by Tiphess; 2016-07-21 at 03:08 AM.

Has anyone been able to get Essence Font to show up on the Elvui raid frames? I've made a Buff Indicator filter and it shows the spell exists but no matter what I do it wont show up on the frames even after a reload.

Quote Originally Posted by Eatonian View Post
    Has anyone been able to get Essence Font to show up on the Elvui raid frames? I've made a Buff Indicator filter and it shows the spell exists but no matter what I do it wont show up on the frames even after a reload.
    Not ElvUI, but there is a WeakAura made by Clebane and modified by both me and Raysere from the Monk discord that shows up when there are at least 6 injured allies within 25 yards, with a counter when there are more injured allies above that.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post

I've been working on something like that, I'm not a Weak Aura surgeon but this should suit you.

Edit: Not pictured here, opposite Lifecycles icon is a Mana Tea duration icon.
    That is pretty much what I was looking for.. thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    shhh

jesus christ lifecycles being optimal makes me want to die. I don't know how anyone can handle playing this shitty spec.
    Not like it's very much difference from a holy paladin rotation with selfless healer, no "rotation" style of healing is really fun for healers.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-07-21 at 04:41 AM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

I'm not a big fan of LifeCycles and using Vivify at all in pick up groups and such. I did HFC-Normal and attempted some Mythic Dungeons last night, and everyone was too spread out, too random to use Vivify properly. Hopefully that improves as my guild gets back into the swing of things post-Legion.
    Vivify's cleave range is about 30-40 yards. It's really quite large that the group being spread shouldn't affect it's healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Short answer: No, 5man weights aren't quite ready yet.

Long answer: No, and Mist Wrap shouldn't have anything to do with it, so I'm not sure why you're asking about that specifically. I just need to browse some Mythic dungeon logs at a relevant ilvl, which probably means healing Mythics this weekend myself with half my gear removed.
    Because mistwrap increases the value of mastery, as the amp to your mastery heal when you're spamming on 1 target is larger. Although, I guess by that logic everything should be increased.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Mother of God does MW feel clunky as balls in raids.

Soothing channel being constantly broken by ReM/Env/Viv.
    RJW/EF being non-viable for long fights without chained Innervates.
    Revival healing for ~30% of Tranq.
    Losing Extend Life with ReM banking for debuff healing.

It feels like the spec has been dumbed down to not much more than ReM/Vivify spam in raids.

I wasn't expecting to hate MW so much in raids after enjoying them in beta 5 mans. Sigh.
    I really hope you're not basing revival vs tranq hps based off total hps.

The people performing the best were also using enveloping mist in their rotation. Ignoring that spell is bad play atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Virond View Post
    I'm not sure I understand why this is true. @Geodew assumes that you're also incorporating a DPS rotation, but what if you were just using RSK on CD for the sole purpose of resetting TFT? You can get about 4 in 30 seconds if you use it on CD. TFT @ 0 sec, RSK + TFT @ 1 sec, 11 sec, 21 sec. The cost is 3 GCDs for the RSKs. I would guess that the loss of 3 GCDs would be offset by the gain from the two extra TFTs you get versus FT, but I'm not sure.
    I do not assume the player is strictly Fistweaving for those numbers at all. In fact, I'm assuming the exact opposite -- that they are not strictly FWing and are actually spending TFT on relevant HPS things, plus potentially some BOKs on the side (which need updating for the new rotation, though).

TFT @ 0 sec, RSK + TFT @ 1 sec
    This is where you're thinking incorrectly. This is only possible to do at the very beginning of the fight. Beyond that is what we call the "steady-state," on which my formula is based. On-Pull shenanigans usually have a relatively low impact for healing, so I rarely account for them, if ever. I believe the only time it was a factor was in the debate of Power Strikes vs. Chi Brew.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    RJW/EF being non-viable for long fights without chained Innervates.
    Wait until you lose Extend Life. Then EF will be our most mana-efficient AoE spell, I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Not sure if this was directed at me; I meant Mythic dungeons, but ty :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tryvia View Post
    After tonight raid I'm not happy at all how mw actually work in raid, feel very clunky and not very useful or in line with other healers
    Why do you feel that way? Seems fine to me. The EF interaction is super cool. It's just annoying that I can't practice what I think will be the Legion rotation because Extend Life changes everything. Vivify goes from being "meh" due to low HPM to actually being pretty decent, especially with Uplifting Trance and/or Lifecycles. As long as you keep chucking out ReMs.

- - - Updated - - -

Any advice?

That's more of a general healer question, but: Vuhdo is highly customizable but the learning curve is extremely high. If you download it, prepare several hours or even a whole day to play around with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    edit: ik without artifacts it might not be needed to change/buff rt but god it feels bad to use it right now
    Not that I've looked at them closely yet (I still have time! Lol), but I think you mean the legendaries, not the artifact. The artifact traits are all about HPS unless I missed some changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzie View Post
    Vivify's cleave range is about 30-40 yards. It's really quite large that the group being spread shouldn't affect it's healing.
    Someone on Discord confirmed it's 40yd (but due to the fact that your range to a target is increased slightly based on its size, that means it's slightly less than your healing range, which is actually about 42.5yd -- Remember Cata Ragnaros and how you could hit him from so far away and "melee range" was gigantic.). In other words, if your healing range were ~40yd, the cleave range is ~38yd. But your healing range isn't technically 40yd. o.O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Because mistwrap increases the value of mastery, as the amp to your mastery heal when you're spamming on 1 target is larger. Although, I guess by that logic everything should be increased.
    Bolded statement is correct. Mist Wrap shouldn't affect stat weights.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2016-07-21 at 06:20 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Not that I've looked at them closely, but I think you mean the legendaries, not the artifact. The artifact traits are all about HPS unless I missed some changes.
    no i do mean the artifact, even tho the legendaries empowering TFT and RSK are making RT god-tier, the artifacts boosting spells like vivify and RenM makes it more valuable than right now on 6.2 content, that's what i meant

especially with the dancing mist traits too, tons of RenM can be spread, right now you can have 6 max (maybe more under a bloodlust) at the same time but only for like 2 seconds or so, and for a lower amount of time, doesnt look really good to me

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    no i do mean the artifact, even tho the legendaries empowering TFT and RSK are making RT god-tier, the artifacts boosting spells like vivify and RenM makes it more valuable than right now on 6.2 content, that's what i meant
    Oh, I see. But aren't there traits for like almost every spell? May as well be one giant trait for +x% healing to everything :P

All of FT's benefit is also in TFT (ReM/Vivify) too, as well.
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eatonian View Post
    Elvis - Filter - buff Indikator - spell id - choose - done

WCL appears to have made an attempt at logging UFE healing (maybe?) but it doesn't seem to be working fully. So pretty sure UFE is not suddenly doing 6-8% HPS instead of 15-20%. Everyone in my raid had Leech healing, even if they didn't have Leech gear.

(The issue here is that the WeakAura and the Skada mod for tracking UFE healing all broke on the pre-patch. I haven't looked into why.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    That is pretty much what I was looking for.. thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Not like it's very much difference from a holy paladin rotation with selfless healer, no "rotation" style of healing is really fun for healers.
    Selfless healer at least came with extremely fast cast times, which changed up the extremely slow gameplay of holy paladin w/o selfless healing. That really isn't the case with mistweaver. I'm coming from a somewhat fast playstyle (rt stacking haste) to stacking crit and spamming enm > vivify > enm > vivify. It's just not fun period.

Deleted
    Life cycles vs Mistwrap
    Chiji vs statue

Anyone knows?

I wish I liked the melee talents but I feel like the spec is already clunky enough and changing to that setup makes it even more so. I can't put my finger on what it is but it doesn't feel as smooth to play. Soothing Mists just gets interrupted all the time so it seems pretty pointless. I know the artifacts aren't in so I can't really judge it accurately but the artifact doesn't exactly change the core mechanics. I'll probably end up maining my resto druid because the spells synergize well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I wish I liked the melee talents but I feel like the spec is already clunky enough and changing to that setup makes it even more so. I can't put my finger on what it is but it doesn't feel as smooth to play. Soothing Mists just gets interrupted all the time so it seems pretty pointless. I know the artifacts aren't in so I can't really judge it accurately but the artifact doesn't exactly change the core mechanics. I'll probably end up maining my resto druid because the spells synergize well.
    You'd be surprised honestly, having Life Cocoon apply our hots (as bandaid-y as that is) is quite important as is our ReM's splicing.

Funnily enough our two best artifact talents are normal 1 pointers whereas our gold talents are fairly meh outside of the Revival hot.

Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post
    Life cycles vs Mistwrap
    Chiji vs statue

Anyone knows?
    Different play styles, need high tank healing? Mistwrap+Statue, high raid damage? Lifecycles+Chi-Ji. both serve their purpose and there isn't THE spec life we've had before.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Thanks, Garg. I'll check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post
    Life cycles vs Mistwrap
    Chiji vs statue

Anyone knows?
    at 100 lifecycles > mistwrap

Chi ji > statue