... LastLast

[MISTWEAVER] 7.X Discussion Thread

The following resources are available to Mistweaver Monks for Legion:

Guides
    PeakOfSerenity - A Monk site for Monks, by Monks
    WoWHead - WoWHead's guide for Mistweavers, maintained by Garg

Other Resources:
    Peak of Serenity Discord - The Monk server of Discord

The latter pages of the Legion Mistweaver Discussion from the beta can be useful.
    Last edited by Garg; 2017-04-15 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for the servers to go up!
    Hi

chi'jesus take the wheeeeeel

why does vivify look like it has lighting up effect like it's procced from something its not lifecycles or tft

oh renewing mist has a bunch of new stuff nvrm
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2016-07-20 at 01:54 AM.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Was pretty excited to get into the new Mistweaver, so I ran some Timewalking dungeons with a buddy of mine. I'd like to know if anyone else has done any TW yet and can attest to the difficulty. I understand it may not be tuned properly (because who gives a flying monk about TW balance), but man I had a lot of of trouble keeping the tank and (by extension since I couldn't focus on everyone) the group alive. Now, I understand it might not just be me, but the tanks themselves could've been a factor (I think I saw one that had a single piece of gear that wasn't from Tannan, so not sure of the skill level they're playing at), but I really found my self needing to be spamming EnM, and using LC on CD. Anyone else gotten in there yet?

Some additional thoughts:
    ~ I had talented FT and wasn't in a rest zone b/t queues so I ran it the whole time. I definitely noticed wanting to TFT more often than 30sec, and felt that two back-to-back charges were wasted when trying to get out ReM, and overhealing with two EnM
    ~Revival felt like <insert analogy for something more limp and weak than a wet noodle>. I don't know if it was just TW scaling or a healing debuff I didn't notice, but the few times I used it, it was barely better than about 2 EFs
    ~Life Cocoon was way overkill and felt like a really OP CD. I don't think I had one cast that got consumed before it expired. (I'm not complaining, it was awesome)
    ~I ran with JSS instead of Chi'ji. The speed at which I could top someone off from very low was quick, so long as they weren't taking any damage. I don't know if Chi'ji would've been much good, as a long CD would not line up with group damage, and seldom was there more than one person (other than the tank) that took damage.

Just my thoughts. I know it's prepatch so who cares, but I'd like to think I'm not so unskilled a healer that I couldn't manage a 5man

So are the fights in HFC lasting long enough for SotC or are people using lifecycles?

Deleted
    Chi is just an annoying mechanic for healers, so imo good riddance. Chi and tea made them have to greatly increase all mistwaevers mana costs.

Missing that interupt as well But we got AnimuCrane now.
    Found mistwrap to be really good when doing 5mans.

so as i asked in the last page of the mw legion thread...

why is RT not the best option anymore? granted mana tea allows us to burst, but RT have bigger output than FT since its basically 3+ TFT vs 2 in 30 secs

edit: nvm, apparently RT is equal or slightly lower in hps than FT/MT, but has higher output due to its dps provided, for those who wondered too

now that's disappointing as hell
    Last edited by Tiphess; 2016-07-20 at 03:11 AM.

after getting a chance to play with the spec through mythic hfc this spec is a hackjob. what a shame. not fun at all.

edit: maybe a bit of a kneejerk reaction and it may be better with artifact weapon
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2016-07-20 at 04:08 AM.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xudomus View Post
    Was pretty excited to get into the new Mistweaver, so I ran some Timewalking dungeons with a buddy of mine. I'd like to know if anyone else has done any TW yet and can attest to the difficulty.
    I was alright in heroics, but I am a little tilted after doing timewalking and a BG with it. Probably completely unwarranted nonsense since I'm just not used to it. Not having fun with it, or how squishy it is outside of PvE.
    Last edited by Solemnity; 2016-07-20 at 03:47 AM.

If anyone has weak auras for LifeCycles and is willing to share that would be awesome. (Basically showing which spell is supposed to cost less mana now, it's sadly easy to forget). I will most likely try to make some to remind me of crap I'm not used to, like the double mastery proc, but if anyone has any it would be awesome.

Muscle memory is the thing to work, I didn't do enough instances on beta it seems, I keep wanting to place my statue.

Not really sold to the LifeCycles way to far, will try SotC soon.. maybe we underheal mythic mannoroth and that's why mana is an issue, but that took a bit to adjust.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    If anyone has weak auras for LifeCycles and is willing to share that would be awesome. (Basically showing which spell is supposed to cost less mana now, it's sadly easy to forget). I will most likely try to make some to remind me of crap I'm not used to, like the double mastery proc, but if anyone has any it would be awesome.

Muscle memory is the thing to work, I didn't do enough instances on beta it seems, I keep wanting to place my statue.

Not really sold to the LifeCycles way to far, will try SotC soon.. maybe we underheal mythic mannoroth and that's why mana is an issue, but that took a bit to adjust.

I've been working on something like that, I'm not a Weak Aura surgeon but this should suit you.

Code:
    dmKODaGijffxsjjJsOsNssHzjPi3IGSlHkAye4yaSmPONrqnnPW1OqBtj6BcPXrroNsQ5jubCpHkqlus1dvcxKkXgPsAKaIoPKsRuOc9sPKMjGQBku1ovQFsbdfqzPaspfAQeDvLKARcvqRvsrL5kPOQ9I(lvQbljDyjwSsIEmqtMkUSOnlWNb1OPOoTIvlPO0RLsmBvUnH2nL(nvnCbTCqEUQMoPRlvBxk13fkJxjHZleRhqy)sIjakjwOKkXNyZ4SzCkiofquKOdrhkjcLWJ3kJeMeHH89qIfqDANsObgoHI37KCleabeZvewSoPdRtCCig)8ASS0oHi(5fam)yvI1niLgIh4U4QKOTlkHgy4e65gaXZxCOKOwU0QusuSF6qjvQeDMGGbSFAekjk2pDOKkvIqfWKsII9thkPsLyqbuhVLsII9thkPsLyy7qTCPvPKOy)0HsQujc5VKsII9thkPsLy)t3Gx5FIkupjcEL)PK4pw4ljgVHDRuPs0z(A2UfuN2jXYDujcsj3aOKyedbbFQ0vHmU2eaHBiqGWcBkQX1MaWaHAyKybuN2PeAGHtO49oj3cig4TQRxb(jkbYAx0QHvlbETBxiQqdmCcrjrnsys81I2FIDB2oTkXsx9e7F6(n7JzWY6eZ2PvjUW7phFmBLQadYddL)xPACXW8UAqeklhgM3TlIjrGpbzLQl8GEVLy)t3FyE3UiMSorW(REr3MhNKOoIPdX3SpMblX3SpMb7cV)C8XSe7F6gkflJDSWSoXpmVBxetUbayPPgRPs0CoWMv6AubcV0KjacVoQatMAUuygiuJOepFXHsIA5sRsjrX(PdLuPse8k)tjXFSWxsmEd7wPsS)P7pmbzDI9pDdEL)zDIq(lPKOy)0HsQuj6mbbdy)0iusuSF6qjvQedBhQLlTkLef7NousLkXpmbPK4pw4l5UjvIqfWKsII9thkPsLyqbuhVLsII9thkPsLkXaVvXbisUbyIOZ8HxjcQfWwEIRkKiucpERmsysCa9wIJDu3GEXWl10HBaeb9(ZXhZYvsCCic8jiRuDHh07TeJnoQz6AubcV0uuaawV0ydbRBgLbc1ikXvyii4tLBHm1GOTlkHgy4e65gaXxlGT8aZpwL4cx2sxakvUBsjXigcc(uPRczCTjac3qGaHf2uuJRnbGbc1WiXcOoTtj0adNqX7DsUfqmWBvxVc8tucK1UOvdRwc8A3UquHgy4eIsIAKWK4RfT)e72SDAvILU6j2)09B2hZGL1jMTtRsCH3Fo(y2kvbgKhgk)Vs14IH5D1GiuwommVBxetIanBpTlhX(NU)W8UDrmzDIG9x9IUnpojrDethIVzFmdwIVzFmd2fE)54Jzj2)0nukwg7yHzDIFyE3UiMCdaGrHbiGkrZ5aBw52OaINV4qjrTCPvPKOy)0HsQujcEL)PK4pw4ljgVHDRuj(HjiLe)XcFj3nPsS)PBWR8pRteYFjLef7NousLkX(NU)WeK1jg2oulxAvkjk2pDOKkvIbfqD8wkjk2pDOKkvIotqWa2pncLef7NousLkrOcysjrX(PdLuPsLyG3Q4aej3amr0z(WReb1cylpXvfsekHhVvgjmjoGElXXoQBqVy4LA6WnaIGE)54Jz5kjooebA2EAxoIXgh1m3gfqCfgcc(uPRc1WKrJneE5AbgnjiQPLcZaHAyKy3QqdmCcrjXpmVBxetUbaWOWaeqLOTlkHgy4e65gaXxlGT8aZpwL4cx2sxakvUfMsIDRcnWWjeLe)W8UDrm5gGGOnAAIkXcOoTtj0adNqX7DsUfqmWBvxVc8tucK1UOvdRwc8A3UquHgy4eIsIAKWK4RfT)e72SDAvILU6j2)09B2hZGL1jMTtRsCH3Fo(y2kvbgKhgk)Vs14IH5D1GiuwommVBxetIaD(XcxPk2TvQ26a2cX(NU)W8UDrmzDIVzFmdwIVzFmd2fE)54Jzj(H5D7IyYnabrB00erW(REr3MhNKOoIPdvIMZb2SYTrbepFXHsIA5sRsjrX(PdLuPse8k)tjXFSWxsmEd7wPs8dtqkj(Jf(sUBsLOZeemG9tJqjrX(PdLuPseQaMusuSF6qjvQeH8xsjrX(PdLuPsS)P7pmbzDI9pDdEL)zDIbfqD8wkjk2pDOKkvIHTd1YLwLsII9thkPsLkXaVvXbisUbyIOZ8HxjcQfWwEIRkKiucpERmsysCa9wIJDu3GEXWl10HBaeb9(ZXhZYvsCCicuSvIrmee8PsxfY4AtaeUHabclSPOgxBcadeQHrIXgh1m3gfqCfgcc(u5wiHfq02fLqdmCc9CdG4RfWwEG5hRsCHlBPlaLk3nOK4kmee8Psxxg1OrJcAASPGMrfyQHjgiudteb7V6fL5kuIbDlOoEBCDxtvQ6UMQufkflJDSWYrmRPkvDxtvQ6UMQu1DnvP6RfWw(AujowPALQvQwPkuQDiBLQQ)vOXchxOuSm2XclhXSgvQgNXzLQ1m182AMkvJZ4Ssv1)k0yHJ7RfWw(AuPALQvIJP1Hy3QqdmCcrjXpmVBxetUbiiAJMMOsSaQt7ucnWWju8ENKBbed8w11Ra)eLazTlA1WQLaV2TlevObgoHOKOpM1G9IW6e7FUW3TkRt8dZ72fXKBacI2OPjIG9x9IUnpojrDethI9pD)M9XmyzDIG(UvneMqf1drmoqCqIz70Qex49NJpMTsvGb5HHY)RunUyyExnic67wLOWeHYYHH5D7IyseOZpw4kvXUTs1whWwi2)09hM3TlIjRt8dZ7Q15PKBaC3uqtbRfqLy3MTtRsS0vpX3SpMblX3SpMb7cV)C8XSeTfX8PKBaeLzb08yH)kv9bvQQMZkvJ3BlVMqrOsS)jqtrwNkrZ5aBw52OaINV4qjrTCPvPKOy)0HsQujcEL)PK4pw4ljgVHDRuj(HjiLe)XcFj3nPs0zccgW(PrOKOy)0HsQujcvatkjk2pDOKkvIHTd1YLwLsII9thkPsLy)t3FycY6edkG64TusuSF6qjvQe7F6g8k)Z6eH8xsjrX(PdLuPsLyG3Q4aej3amr0z(WReb1cylpXvbsekHhVvgjmjoGElXXoQBqVy4LA6WnaIJdrPxJNySXrnZTrbeTDrj0adNqp3aigXqqWNkDviJRnbqyHJAY0sHx3uybrzGqnms81cylpW8JvjUWLT0fGsLBJusmIHGGpvUfcqubelG60oLqdmCcfV3j5waXaVvD9kWprjqw7IwnSAjWRD7crfAGHtikjQrctIVw0(tSBZ2Pvjw6QNy)t3VzFmdwwNy2oTkXfE)54JzRufyqEyO8)kvJlgM3vdIqz5WW8UDrmjwRTTVLSs1fMhHIJtnvPQAoRufOPtLQlGk2Ky)t3FyE3UiMSorW(REr3MhNKOoIPdX3SpMblX3SpMb7cV)C8XSe7F6gkflJDSWSoXpmVBxetUbS20YLnOs0CoWMvUnkG45lousulxAvkjk2pDOKkvIGx5Fkj(Jf(sIXBy3kvIFycsjXFSWxYDtQeDMGGbSFAekjk2pDOKkvIqfWKsII9thkPsLyy7qTCPvPKOy)0HsQuj2)09hMGSoXGcOoElLef7NousLkX(NUbVY)Sori)LusuSF6qjvQujg4TkoarYnateDMp8krqTa2YtCvHeHs4XBLrctIdO3sCSJ6g0lgEPMoCdGiO3Fo(ywUsIJdXfMhHIJdXUvHgy4eIsIFyE3UiMCdyTPLlBqLySXrnZTrbexHHGGpvUnjGOTlkHgy4e65gaXxlGT8aZpwL4cx2sxakvUxsjXUvHgy4eIsIFyE3UiMCdOPWRnTKkXcOoTtj0adNqX7DsUfqmWBvxVc8tucK1UOvdRwc8A3UquHgy4eIsIAKWK4RfT)e72SDAvILU6j2)09B2hZGL1jMTtRsCH3Fo(y2kvbgKhgk)Vs14IH5D1GiuwommVBxetIlmpvQwVd9kX(NU)W8UDrmzDIFyE3UiMCdOPWRnTK4B2hZGL4B2hZGDH3Fo(ywI9pDdLILXowywNiy)vVOBZJtsuhX0HkrZ5aBw52OaINV4qjrTCPvPKOy)0HsQujcEL)PK4pw4ljgVHDRuj(HjiLe)XcFj3nPsS)PBWR8pRteYFjLef7NousLkrOcysjrX(PdLuPsmSDOwU0QusuSF6qjvQeDMGGbSFAekjk2pDOKkvIbfqD8wkjk2pDOKkvI9pD)HjiRtLyG3Q4aej3amr0z(WReb1cylpXvfsekHhVvgjmjoGElXXoQBqVy4LA6WnaIGE)54Jz5kjooexyEQuTEh6vIrmee8PYTqaIkGySXrnZTrbexHHGGpv6AJOMmkWu0gMmT2KWcmAIbc1WirBxucnWWj0ZnaIVwaB5bMFSkXfUSLUauQChLsIRWqqWNkDTrutgfykAdtMwBsybgnXaHAyKybuN2PeAGHtO49oj3cig4TQRxb(jkbYAx0QHvlbETBxiQqdmCcrjX(NUHsXYyhlmRtSBZ2Pvjw6QNy)t3VzFmdwwNy2oTkXfE)54JzRufyqEyO8)kvJlgM3vdIqz5WW8UDrm5waX(NU)W8UDrmzDIG9x9IUnpojrDethIVzFmdwIVzFmd2fE)54JzjQrctIVw0(t8dZ72fXKBbujAohyZk3gfq88fhkjQLlTkLef7NousLkrWR8pLe)XcFjX4nSBLkXpmbPK4pw4l5UjvI9pDdEL)zDIq(lPKOy)0HsQuj2)09hMGSoXW2HA5sRsjrX(PdLuPsmOaQJ3sjrX(PdLuPs0zccgW(PrOKOy)0HsQujcvatkjk2pDOKkvQed8wfhGi5gGjIoZhELiOwaB5jUQqIqj84TYiHjXb0Bjo2rDd6fdVuthUbq81cylpW8JvjUWLT0fGsCCiwZL2kvbw)(KySXrnZTrbeTDrj0adNqp3aigXqqWNk3cbiQaIGE)54Jz5kPYTjkjgXqqWNkDvOggJk86OnxUCPragBSuadeQXsIfqDANsObgoHI37KClGyG3QUEf4NOeiRDrRgwTe41UDHOcnWWjeLe9XSgSxewNOTiMpLCdGiWNGemc4LFLQX1fB788HJfUs14NxRbvIFyExTopLCdGBaRJUgWAQe7Fc0uK1Ps0CoWMv6QXMcI2m6AJgBU2ydHJcGbc1yjXZxCOKOwU0Qus8hl8LChLOy)0HsQujcEL)PK4pw4ljgVHDRuj2)0TwU0QSoX(NUbVY)Sori)LusuSF6qjvQedBhQLlTkLef7NousLkXGcOoElLef7NousLkrOcysjrX(PdLuPs0zccgW(PrOKOy)0HsQuPsmWBvCaIKBaMi6mF4vIGAbSLN4QcjcLWJ3kJeMehqVLiO3Fo(ywUsIRWqqWNk3nBSK44qe4tqwP6IiGx(X1fB7Aqm24OMPRgBkiAttMwgDDuJRnfTjdeQXsIfhNrhVTCUvObgoHEkPs02fLqdmCc9CdG4RfWwEG5hRsCHlBPlaLk3RPK4kmee8PYDZgljgXqqWNkDvOggJk86OnxUCPragBSuadeQXsIfqDANsObgoHI37KClGyG3QUEf4NOeiRDrRgwTe41UDHOcnWWjeLe9XSgSxewNOTiMpLCdGiWNGemc4LFLQXnoCApbrQbvIFyExTopLCdGBaRJUgWsQe7Fc0uK1Ps0CoWMv6QXMcI2m6AJgBU2ydHJcGbc1yjXZxCOKOwU0Qus8hl8LChLOy)0HsQuj2)0TwU0QSoX(NUbVY)Sori)LusuSF6qjvQebVY)us8hl8LeJ3WUvQedBhQLlTkLef7NousLkrNjiya7NgHsII9thkPsLiubmPKOy)0HsQujgua1XBPKOy)0HsQuPsmWBvCaIKBaMi6mF4vIGAbSLN4QcjcLWJ3kJeMehqVL4RfWwEG5hRsCHlBPlaLyPREUsIJdrGpbzLQlIaE5h34WPDniA7IsObgoHEUbqm24OMPRgBkiAttMwgDDuJRnfTjdeQXsIfhNrhVTCUvObgoHEkPs0z(WRePwqVLBacVuWAtcic69NJpMLRKk3aeqjXcOoTtj0adNqX7DsUfqmWBvxVc8tucK1UOvdRwc8A3UquHgy4eIsI(ywd2lcRt0weZNsUbqm(ITuPQmluj2)eOPiRtLO5CGnR0vJnfeTz01gn2CTXgchfadeQXsINV4qjrTCPvPK4pw4l5okrX(PdLuPse8k)tjXFSWxsmEd7wPsS)PBTCPvzDIotqWa2pncLef7NousLkri)LusuSF6qjvQedBhQLlTkLef7NousLkXGcOoElLef7NousLkrOcysjrX(PdLuPsS)PBWR8pRtLyG3Q4aej3amr0z(WReb1cylpXvfsekHhVvgjmjoGElrqV)C8XSCLehhIXxSLkvLzHyXXz0XBlNBfAGHtONsQeJnoQz6QXMcI20KPLrxh14AtrBYaHASK4kmee8PYTqnBkGOTlkHgy4e65gaXigcc(uPRc1WyuHxhT5YLlncWyJLcyGqnws0z(WRePwqVLiXxlGT8aZpwL4cx2sxakvQeBZnGgnbqLe
    Edit: Not pictured here, opposite Lifecycles icon is a Mana Tea duration icon.
    Last edited by Myta; 2016-07-20 at 06:55 AM.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, healing 5 man content is a lot easier now than before. Got to endless 30+ in PG without much effort / issues.

Mastery seems to heal for a lot now. Not complaining about that. Will be fun to see some 7.0 HFC logs.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    That's because if you actually put points into mastery, you do more healing! What a scary concept blizzard, I'm glad you finally figured that out after 4 years . Although with that said, doesn't really change the fact that mastery is worse than crit in a world of extend life existing.

@Geodew is the value of mastery correct in a 5 man, considering mist wrap is the only relevant choice?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meradith View Post
    So are the fights in HFC lasting long enough for SotC or are people using lifecycles?
    Archi lasts a long time, but I think people aren't playing correctly. Fights lasting long doesn't necessarily mean you should play SoTC with Extend Life. That just means you need to channel soothing and not overheal like an idiot.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-07-20 at 08:23 AM.

How are monks with mana in legion? Do we completely rely on SotC? Or can we get by without it as well?

Is the WW t18 set bonus buff (+10% mastery) supposed to remain active after switching to MW ? Or is this a bug.

Will I get banned for switching speccs now ?

10+ Year Old Account
    shhh

jesus christ lifecycles being optimal makes me want to die. I don't know how anyone can handle playing this shitty spec.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-07-20 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    so as i asked in the last page of the mw legion thread...

why is RT not the best option anymore? granted mana tea allows us to burst, but RT have bigger output than FT since its basically 3+ TFT vs 2 in 30 secs

edit: nvm, apparently RT is equal or slightly lower in hps than FT/MT, but has higher output due to its dps provided, for those who wondered too

now that's disappointing as hell
    I'm not sure I understand why this is true. @Geodew assumes that you're also incorporating a DPS rotation, but what if you were just using RSK on CD for the sole purpose of resetting TFT? You can get about 4 in 30 seconds if you use it on CD. TFT @ 0 sec, RSK + TFT @ 1 sec, 11 sec, 21 sec. The cost is 3 GCDs for the RSKs. I would guess that the loss of 3 GCDs would be offset by the gain from the two extra TFTs you get versus FT, but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Virond; 2016-07-20 at 02:33 PM.

I'm not a big fan of LifeCycles and using Vivify at all in pick up groups and such. I did HFC-Normal and attempted some Mythic Dungeons last night, and everyone was too spread out, too random to use Vivify properly. Hopefully that improves as my guild gets back into the swing of things post-Legion.

I was also running OOM in all situations after about 3-4 minutes, so my rotations are bad and I'm healing too aggressively. That, or our MP5 is just terrible right now with no Spirit and there is nothing we can do about it. Time will tell.

I want my old monk back . Extend life + uplift abuse was much more fun to play.