Page 2 of 163 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm liking vivify in groups, but I've played a lot of priest w/ glyphed binding heal and really like it in pugs

and as for mana, you're basically fucked unless you have phylactery as any class atm, I recommend spirit of the crane though, I'm not finding as many meaningful EM casts as I'd like to be in a lot HFC fights, but on the ones where it won't just be a ton of overheal, I'm liking lifecycles

and yeah focused thunder or rising thunder just for constantly throwing out as many ReMs as possible seems to be working pretty well on a lot of fights for me, getting RSK's cd down for more ReMs seems like it'll be very impactful in the coming year

We've defnitely gone a long ways away from super spam tot/soo mw though where we were punished in chi and tea gen for taking 1 gcd off

and yeah I really think extend life was a great system and that this rework to make mana matter again could've been done w/o reworking the whole class, I'm just really afraid that in doing this, they'll either A. realized they repeated cata release in making healing strat and mana efficiency too hard and that 90% of the playerbase wont be capable of doing normal 10 mans again, or B. disappoint everyone when they realize that this healing gameplay can become incredibly slow and boring and everyone goes disc for the like 5th xpac in a row
    Last edited by ryklin; 2016-07-20 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was so nice feeling like a MoP Monk with free access to our damaging abilities last night....
    But l feel like Essence Font, while it does a lot of healing, is so useless because they're such small amounts at a time. Interested to see it in mythic tonight instead of a Pugged heroic.

This finite Mana nonsense is for the birds! Even with Phylactery equipped it seems to go out the window ;_;

Side note: Chi-Ji goes full Usain Bolt when damage is going out. Pure amusement.
    Last edited by Lumiair; 2016-07-20 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I want my old monk back . Extend life + uplift abuse was much more fun to play.
    12 months of that wasn't enough for you? I like the changeup, it sort of feels incomplete for now, but that won't last too long. The biggest difference I noticed was that us healers don't have infinite healing anymore so DPS actually have to relearn the mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mother of God does MW feel clunky as balls in raids.

Soothing channel being constantly broken by ReM/Env/Viv.
    RJW/EF being non-viable for long fights without chained Innervates.
    Revival healing for ~30% of Tranq.
    Losing Extend Life with ReM banking for debuff healing.

It feels like the spec has been dumbed down to not much more than ReM/Vivify spam in raids.

I wasn't expecting to hate MW so much in raids after enjoying them in beta 5 mans. Sigh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do TP and BoK cost mana? Is SotC mana positive?

Deleted
    Artifact is a big deal. The gold traits them self are roughly 9% of the total healing. So without the golden traits mistweavers are only doing 91% of the healing they would.

Sotc is mana positive. Only rising sun kick and spinning crane kick cost mana.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Artifact is a big deal. The gold traits them self are roughly 9% of the total healing. So without the golden traits mistweavers are only doing 91% of the healing they would.

Sotc is mana positive. Only rising sun kick and spinning crane kick cost mana.
    Then so is every other healer - most of which have much better traits than MW does... do you think before you type?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Do TP and BoK cost mana? Is SotC mana positive?
    TP and BoK are free. RSK costs mana.

The more globals you dedicate to TP/BoK spam; the more mana you get back from SotC but those globals also do zero healing.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    This is true for all healers?

Deleted
    The traits give the feel to the specc, something that is left out on live. Yes every specc has it, if other healers gets less or more from their traits I havent looked that close into them.

Deleted
    i'm under the impression that all the artifact changes is that you wanna stand in people when you press tft/mists of sheilun ends and you get more ut vifify by getting more rem

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    shhh

jesus christ lifecycles being optimal makes me want to die. I don't know how anyone can handle playing this shitty spec.
    i wish my life was as sour and void of joy as yours xD

What are the spell IDs for the two Lifecycles buffs? WeakAuras refuses to let me enter the name.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    What are the spell IDs for the two Lifecycles buffs? WeakAuras refuses to let me enter the name.
    you should be able to type them in they are
    Lifecycles (Enveloping Mist)
    Lifecycles (Vivify)

and the spell ids are

Yeah, I typed them exactly like that, spaces too, and WA just returned "unknown spell ID" or whatever. And I can't find them on Wowhead because no matter what I type, it always forces me to the base Lifecycles(talent) page.

Leech Trinket doesn't appear to be working. Leech in general, for that matter, seems to be not working entirely. Doesn't matter how much leech I have, from trinket or from gear, my heals to myself are doing the exact same amount no matter what without any additional heal ticks.

Edit: It appears leech is working according to combat log, but it is not showing up as floating combat text. This is the same bug that Soothing Mist has, so it's probably the same thing going on with Leech.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2016-07-20 at 11:41 PM.

Deleted
    MW does not appeal to me anymore, tried it a few dungeons on beta and the playstyle just felt horrible compared to the spec I fell in love with in WoD. So I will be rerolling resto druid instead. Tonight during our Mythic clear I got to try MW a fair bit more in a raid setting and the spec felt horrendous. Might have talented wrong but my healing was insanely low and if I really pumped all I got I barely got on par with our holy paladin and resto shaman, though I was oom 1/3 into the fight. The raid was one of the worst experiences i've had in wow. Ugh.

One thing that really caught my eye was the MT 100 talent. It is basically equally good to Druids innervate except for innervate being twice the cooldown but 100% free heals (and you can cast it on others). The thing that really annoys me with this is that innervate is baseline but MT is supposed to be MW final talent choice, what in the were the MW devs smoking when they came up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    @Geodew is the value of mastery correct in a 5 man, considering mist wrap is the only relevant choice?
    Short answer: No, 5man weights aren't quite ready yet.

Long answer: No, and Mist Wrap shouldn't have anything to do with it, so I'm not sure why you're asking about that specifically. I just need to browse some Mythic dungeon logs at a relevant ilvl, which probably means healing Mythics [dungeons] this weekend myself with half my gear removed.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2016-07-21 at 06:25 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. Healing on resto druid is somewhat more enjoyable than MW at the moment. Their class hall and artifact are also more interesting. What do.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    After tonight raid I'm not happy at all how mw actually work in raid, feel very clunky and not very useful or in line with other healers