10+ Year Old Account
    The Last One. The Argus. Not a single MW in strong guilds will achieve that before nerfs of heavy overgearing (like 965+).
    so the large majority of people who play mw yea?

I mean you could rephrase this rant as "resto druids suck" and all your points would be equally true, yet you don't see people complaining that resto druid is in a bad spot. mmo-c rants xd

given blizzard's track record, it is extremely likely that the boss will be altered to require more healing, and lowering the dps check, forcing 4-5 healers.

Deleted
    the vast majority of mythic raiders will have 10-15 ilvl more on argus than method did
    probably another memerific buff to your characters too

How are you guys dealing with part 5 of the mage tower? It's hard to know which mobs need to be topped up since their health bars don't show up, and it seems like vivify spam just isn't gonna get the job done. I'm guessing it's more about proper cooldown use, but I'm curious as to what you guys are using to get it done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbtacks View Post
    How are you guys dealing with part 5 of the mage tower? It's hard to know which mobs need to be topped up since their health bars don't show up, and it seems like vivify spam just isn't gonna get the job done. I'm guessing it's more about proper cooldown use, but I'm curious as to what you guys are using to get it done.
    Strg + v for nameplates.

First three sg (build stacks before they spawn) + tft (if you still can't get three use lc on the last one)

Second chiji + rivaval

Third you only need two - tft is up again, there you go.

You can bl and prepot if this isn t enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Deirdre View Post
    Strg + v for nameplates.

First three sg (build stacks before they spawn) + tft (if you still can't get three use lc on the last one)

Second chiji + rivaval

Third you only need two - tft is up again, there you go.

You can bl and prepot if this isn t enough.
    Could you be more specific? Sorry. Are you TFTing EM?

also when I hit control V, I don't see nameplates with health bars unless i actually click things. That might be an elvui setting, but if it is I can't figure it out.

Example:

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    so the large majority of people who play mw yea?

I mean you could rephrase this rant as "resto druids suck" and all your points would be equally true, yet you don't see people complaining that resto druid is in a bad spot. mmo-c rants xd

given blizzard's track record, it is extremely likely that the boss will be altered to require more healing, and lowering the dps check, forcing 4-5 healers.
    The problem of argus is that he has zero abilities that can be buffed to require more healers. Main damaging abilities (Tortured rage (4,2m), Sargeras Rage/Fear(800k/sec per stack for 30s), Shattered Bonds(1,5m/s per stack), Soulbomb/burst(4m+ for all three hits)) are already strong as hell and there are no "filler" damage abilities to buff like Augur's dots or Elisande's minor AoE Bursts. It's just the retarded boss mechanics of "do shitload of damage in one moment and then afk for 10~30 seconds". Sargeras Rage/Fear dots is a "learn how to recieve minimum amount of applies of it or wipe" and not "heal through it".

Yea, we can rephrase it for restodru. They suck too. Legion is the shammy expansion. And another proof of Blizzard spitting on healer balance.

People who play MW now is just casuals who don't care too much in lfr/normal/heroic raids about their class being useless essencefont-hps leecher, or retards like me who believed to the last that blizzard will care about healers. Yea, i'm a minority. But still, butt hurts.

Deleted
    o m e g a l u l

Could you be more specific? Sorry. Are you TFTing EM?

also when I hit control V, I don't see nameplates with health bars unless i actually click things. That might be an elvui setting, but if it is I can't figure it out.
    you have to enable nameplates to always show with blizz UI

no clue how elv treats this but i assume there is such an option

Essence Font + Vivify spam.. which means you'll have double mastery heal.

I used Revival on the second wave, and I tried to Enveloping Mist all of them and Shelun's Gift too.

Really beside Revival, no CD should be used, I kept Chi-ji for the last phase personally..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EVB View Post

Yea, we can rephrase it for restodru. They suck too. Legion is the shammy expansion. And another proof of Blizzard spitting on healer balance.
    It's a pattern now, resto druids shine first tier, shamans on last tier.. monks get a band-aid fix via their tier.

Really if you want to be consistant, play a paladin. It's never bad.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by EVB View Post
    The problem of argus is that he has zero abilities that can be buffed to require more healers. Main damaging abilities (Tortured rage (4,2m), Sargeras Rage/Fear(800k/sec per stack for 30s), Shattered Bonds(1,5m/s per stack), Soulbomb/burst(4m+ for all three hits)) are already strong as hell and there are no "filler" damage abilities to buff like Augur's dots or Elisande's minor AoE Bursts. It's just the retarded boss mechanics of "do shitload of damage in one moment and then afk for 10~30 seconds". Sargeras Rage/Fear dots is a "learn how to recieve minimum amount of applies of it or wipe" and not "heal through it".

People who play MW now is just casuals who don't care too much in lfr/normal/heroic raids about their class being useless essencefont-hps leecher, or retards like me who believed to the last that blizzard will care about healers. Yea, i'm a minority. But still, butt hurts.
    Well the reason why it doesnt need more healers atm would probably be because all his abilities are spread out enough for people to top people back off. So a way to increase the amount of healing required would be to cause his abilities to hit more often

10+ Year Old Account
    there's actually no reason you can't bring a mistweaver to argus btw.

it's perhaps slightly weaker than druids in terms of what you can do, but lower cooldown raid cd is pretty big.

As someone else noted above, Essence Font and make generous use of vivify for that phase. And I also prioritised the mages and archers for healing, as they are a bigger pain if they get through. I think I had 3 or 4 of the rogues get through, and it was easy enough to control and burn them down afterwards before going into the final stage.

If you find it difficult, then use Revival and if you are using Chi-Ji (which makes that last phase much easier), save that for the last last phase so you can put more time dps'ing the boss and it heals you up enough after each jump, but not to full, which you don't want.

For the first phase, I went with RJW, as I could stand in melee and dps, and just use that to top the warrior and rogue up. I saved my Revival for the last batch of adds, as that one was the most hectic for me. I made generous use of my Transcendence transfer each time I was targeted by the rogue, as it slows them down and I could use my crackling jade lightning and get their health down. I used leg sweep when the mage was on 4 stacks and focused him down first and foremost. And keybind paralysis for the archer for mana sting.

The middle phases I didn't really use any healing c/d's. I stuck with RJW for that too, especially the corridor with the feared add and having to heal up the other ones before engaging the archer. I just vivify as RJW swirled and they were topped up in a few seconds. Then ran up the stairs, nuked down the adds there, took my time to make sure everything was back up, changed talent to Chi-Ji, swapped some gear (from memory I went with the leg neck and the cloak) as it's all spot healing from thereon in and using EF on c/d which spawned the birds. If you don't have the cloak, then the neck and any other legendary is fine (the neck is pretty vital for the first part though as it makes life much easier). For the first phases, I ran with the leg neck and trinket because I was lazy).

I saved Chi-Ji as I noted before for the last phase, because you need to keep them topped up, but your own health has to be brought down and kept to about 1/4 to 1/3. Also when I had to whittle my health down, I would run in, dps the boss for a few seconds as my health went down, before rolling back out waiting for the jump. Pretty much any time you aren't healing the npc's in the last phase, dps, if you can't melee, then CJL. Just make sure to watch your own health and make sure it doesn't stay at 100% or when he jumps, he will nuke the npc's.

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrik View Post
    Well the reason why it doesnt need more healers atm would probably be because all his abilities are spread out enough for people to top people back off. So a way to increase the amount of healing required would be to cause his abilities to hit more often
    Actually, no.
    Main reason for 3 healers of Argus is:
    - First 2 phases being short (4 min total) and P2 is zero damage (you actually only need to heal tanks and 2 soulburst targets once in 15s). Feel free to waste all of your mana in P1, it's easily healable with 3 (any) healers.
    - Sentence of Sargeras on P3 (chains) is completely avoidable by pre-casting immunities before debuff applying (debuff fails to apply into immunity - no need to break it, no DoT on raid from breaking). Actually, every single kill of Argus as of now is "procced" Sentences in a row - yes, this boss is just a pull proc. More on this:

You have 5 Sentence of Sargeras casts in P3 (3 debuffs each):
    1 that you can heal through with heavy use of Raid CD's
    1 that you abuse by dying&rezzing at tree simultaneously
    1 is last - just don't break it and burn the boss
    and 2 more that you NEED to avoid atleast partially by pre-casting all immunities your raid have before debuffs go off (CoS, AmS, Bubble, Turtle, Iceblock(that's why all mages in frost on this boss), etc...). If you got all three (none of the debuffs procced into immunity) - it's usually a wipe with 3 healers.

Blizzard could easily fix it by making those debuffs go through immunities... but kills are there, and this would be unfair to the guilds that are close to the kill right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    there's actually no reason you can't bring a mistweaver to argus btw.
    it's perhaps slightly weaker than druids in terms of what you can do, but lower cooldown raid cd is pretty big.
    Druids are even worse. You need a healing raid CD only once on Argus - see above. And only thing that matters is the power of that CD. Revival is meh, but MW can atleast spam Vivifies to do some type of "Burst".
    As a minor advantage of MW - MW is in melee pool for assigning Sargeras Rage (melees with it is one of the most problematic part of the fight), so it's great for raid when Rage procs at MW - it means MUCH MORE space for raid near the boss. Even Hpalas are considered ranged for this ability.
    Actually, yes, MW is "bringable" to argus. Overgeared or with 4-healer composition. But he won't bring HTT+AG+CB combo, SLT and free Brez. As well as ton of damage from Disc.
    Last edited by EVB; 2017-12-22 at 06:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    History proves me right again. buff mw = lose profit

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    History proves me right again. buff mw = lose profit
    Impressive
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

can anyone point to some current MW trinket discussion?

Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    can anyone point to some current MW trinket discussion?

Much appreciated
    I believe it's Velenss + Eonar's ATM.
    http://www.peakofserenity.com/2017/1...urning-throne/
    inb4 people jump in with "peak is bad" or something..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I believe it's Velenss + Eonar's ATM.
    http://www.peakofserenity.com/2017/1...urning-throne/
    inb4 people jump in with "peak is bad" or something..
    much appreciated.

I really like the trinket that drops on covent. Pulls very good number on hard fights, but more importantly does healing where it matters (low life dudes). Not the best for padding on varimathras HM of course, or even argus HM (but does good in p4 which is the only part that actually needs some healing).

Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    I really like the trinket that drops on covent. Pulls very good number on hard fights, but more importantly does healing where it matters (low life dudes). Not the best for padding on varimathras HM of course, or even argus HM (but does good in p4 which is the only part that actually needs some healing).
    It's good for a couple of fights with burst damage, on those its godly, but it sucks for the others.

However, that is an AWESOME mythic+ trinket.

Problem is, in raids it will lose its value with gear, when you start overhealing content and nobody goes below 50%

According to the spreadsheet, for me, Ishkar is better until Eonar is about 980.

Of course, YMMV, use the spreadsheet yourself to see which ones are better for your playstyle.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2018-01-09 at 06:00 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

I agree, then as much as i like to do an awesome parse, when you overgear content and nobody goes below 50% i don't care very much about optimization anymore
    And it still will save the occasionnal "stood in fire" guy