Deleted
    Am i the only one who has healing brew and highfather's not procing constantly when dropping low from periodic damage? The healing brew has been an issue whole expansion wrong but now doing m+ with the trinket has had me frustrated couple of times.

Um... I have a question...
    What's the best stats for Mistweaver Monks? I want to know the best stats for both raids and m+

Thanks!

Deleted
    Common wisdom has been to go with crit/vers for raids and mastery/haste for dungeons.

Crit and Vers increase your healing pretty much straigt forward. Haste gives more HPS then either BUT doesn't increase healing per mana and since mana is an issue while raiding you don't really go for haste then. It is fine for dungeons though, as you can drink regularly. Mastery mostly benefits your single target healing (even though it has become a lot better with T21 set), it is still not that great for raiding, where most of your healing comes from spells that don't trigger mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Common wisdom has been to go with crit/vers for raids and mastery/haste for dungeons.

Crit and Vers increase your healing pretty much straigt forward. Haste gives more HPS then either BUT doesn't increase healing per mana and since mana is an issue while raiding you don't really go for haste then. It is fine for dungeons though, as you can drink regularly. Mastery mostly benefits your single target healing (even though it has become a lot better with T21 set), it is still not that great for raiding, where most of your healing comes from spells that don't trigger mastery.
    Thanks sweetie!

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    boosted a monk to 110 as mistweaver men they destroyed this spec since SoO i havent touched it since now i am 941 now with 2 piece it still feels clunky i hope they do the spec from scratch like disc the mana costs are to high and the synergy of the spells is a joke i mean 12 sec cd and 80k mana costs what... and then this mastery dont procc on all heals and is to weak. Oh and dont forget Fistweaving is non existent you dont heal anymore when you do dmg. I mean i have known that mistweaver is in a bad spot but never have i assumed that its that bad ....
    Haha, what? We're in a really good spot right now.

When is the best time to utilize Velen's as mistweaver? When you do Essonce Font and Villify spam?

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    When is the best time to utilize Velen's as mistweaver? When you do Essonce Font and Villify spam?
    Macro velens with mana tea.

You can press Essence font on cooldown if the damage of the fight requires it at the time. Obviously you won't last all fight this way, but you shouldn't feel bad if you are keeping EF on cd during high healing phases.

There's only really 2 times when you should be chaining casting vivify. 1) If you are under the affect of mana tea, then you want to Essence font -> Mana Tea -> Vivify spam (keeping ReM on cd) -> Essence font at the end of mana tea. OR 2) You have no available healing resources except for mana, and you desperately need to heal a lot AND you can't rely on your other healers at this exact moment (should almost be never)

7+ Year Old Account
    lol. math of doorway sucks PoS dc is just such a dumb cluster of stupidity.

btw, which xxtxxds still play bad specs like mw in 2018?
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2018-02-10 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post

you always make such riveting thoughtful posts. its nice to see you arent currently banned so you caa still make them.

Playing a monk is like every spec sitting together in the same burning building and when a new monk enters we yell at them to close the damn door because they're letting all the heat out.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Playing a monk is like every spec sitting together in the same burning building and when a new monk enters we yell at them to close the damn door because they're letting all the heat out.
    What is this thread even for anymore?

nothing

or memes, i guess, bad memes

I'm going to be slightly constructive for once as we're nearing post-Legion woes and reflecting back on what we could have been.

For most of Legion when I've had the opportunity to play my MW I've been intentionally gearing and playing my MW "wrong".
    That is to say I use a lot of haste and mastery, with crit/vers being less important. Using lego boots and enjoying big vivifies. Not using RJW/EF on cooldown, but at the same time not needing to.

Post-WoD I realized that with half our raid team leaving the game including our MT and our RL, both our tanks, due to family commitments. Our guild was going to downscale massively in Legion, there just aren't enough Japanese or bilingual people in the world playing WoW, or bilingual people who want to raid at 5am US time. I could have left for a different guild, rerolled to Rsham or Hpal and continued playing in a mythic guild, however I've been raiding at the top end of WoW since launch in 2004, I'm in my 30s now and so it was a real wake up call to reflect on how I want to keep playing WoW.

So I play in a heroic guild that pugs/Xrealms people in for mythic. I can 'afford' to play badly, that is I can afford to play the way I think Mistweaver is enjoyable, which is popping Mana Tea, using EF for the mastery bonus, dropping vivifies everywhere, spot-healing with Effuse. I could go RJW and go maximum asshole heal sniping to boost my HPS numbers and make parses look good, but why bother. When you raid heroic and early Mythic, nothing ever hits hard enough to matter.

In a lot of ways Sups was right that MW is good for 99% of the playerbase, it's not a trash healer, and when played sub-optimally it's actually interactive and fun. The problem only comes when you try to place MW into any competitive environment at all.

In the future, I hope Blizzard looks at MW and decides where our strength lies, because healers like Hpal have just been the best this expansion, from casual raiding, to mythic raiding, to M+, to PVP. Some healers should not be best at everything, I do think that healers should have strengths and weaknesses, and talents to partially offset(without 100% overcoming) those weaknesses. MWs in BfA need a niche, something that we do really well. Not better than every other healer, but right now every other healer is a shotgun that is good at everything, hell Hpal is better at healing groups solely due to Beacon of Virtue, than a Mistweaver.

If we're not going to have cool utility than we need something we are good at that makes people happy they have a Mistweaver, or everything is pretty much pointless.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Deleted
    Sups was right of course MW is good enough for most MW and enjoyable if played sub-optimally. Hell, how can it be fun to heal teammates without targeting them (RJW and EF). The 1% people that have issues with the spec cannot be neglected for too long otherwise, our top MW communities become extinct. They are important because they are the one that sell us to newbies and the one that can be heard by the dev.

On another note our main drawback in raiding environment is our crap mastery. What if in place of a single target additional heal our mastery would reduce damage? Something like that:
    "Effuse, Renewing Mist, Enveloping Mist, and Vivify also cause to hide the target in the mists, reducing damage for x (%) for y (s)."

That can be powerfull for high mm+ and mythic raiding but maybe it would be too hard to balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    In a lot of ways Sups was right that MW is good for 99% of the playerbase, it's not a trash healer, and when played sub-optimally it's actually interactive and fun. The problem only comes when you try to place MW into any competitive environment at all.

In the future, I hope Blizzard looks at MW and decides where our strength lies, because healers like Hpal have just been the best this expansion, from casual raiding, to mythic raiding, to M+, to PVP. Some healers should not be best at everything, I do think that healers should have strengths and weaknesses, and talents to partially offset(without 100% overcoming) those weaknesses. MWs in BfA need a niche, something that we do really well.
    Agree completely with this sentiment.

This expansion for me on my MW has been a constant battle between the fun of playing my character and the fun of playing in the competitive environments I enjoy. Always having to sacrifice one for the other as a MW has killed my love for the spec.

Playing my MW (like Myta, "wrong" stacking crit/mast) for fun but being garbage competitively or playing my MW in a boring and un-fun way (optimally) in order to kind of compete poorly in one aspect of the game has been a shit experience. The fact that this has gone on for the whole expansion has been the worst part. Usually balance is a pendulum of sorts but for MW in recent years it's been a broken one stuck in the "shit" position for 99% of the competitive aspects of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenlady View Post
    Sups was right of course MW is good enough for most MW and enjoyable if played sub-optimally. Hell, how can it be fun to heal teammates without targeting them (RJW and EF). The 1% people that have issues with the spec cannot be neglected for too long otherwise, our top MW communities become extinct. They are important because they are the one that sell us to newbies and the one that can be heard by the dev.
    Exactly what has happened to the MW community.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenlady View Post
    On another note our main drawback in raiding environment is our crap mastery. What if in place of a single target additional heal our mastery would reduce damage? Something like that:
    "Effuse, Renewing Mist, Enveloping Mist, and Vivify also cause to hide the target in the mists, reducing damage for x (%) for y (s)."

That can be powerfull for high mm+ and mythic raiding but maybe it would be too hard to balance.
    Blizzard need to try something. They're certainly willing to keep the healing specs that work well in a stable state for BfA (pally, druid, shaman) and willing to adjust the specs they think need it (Disc). Time will tell if they are willing to look at MW and go through yet another overhaul. At this point I'm skeptical though because it's painfully apparent that they have no fucking clue what to do with MW.

I read on the official forums someone saying they are hoping Blizzard are moving Disc into a more shield/atonement niche to make room for MW as a direct healing/eminence damage converted to healing niche.

I don't think Blizzard could be unaware of the current state of MW through feedback and player participation numbers and such that they surely see. I think they understand (at least partly) just how badly they dropped the ball with the overhaul coming into Legion and part of the reason they're content with leaving MW in the bin is because they don't want to buff the spec into viability or popularity because then more people would see how much of a mess the spec is. They're happy with leaving their redheaded stepchild in the shadows so to speak. At least for now. /tinfoilhat

If nothing major changes we won't even need an 8.0 MW thread given that this one is so dead these days.
    Last edited by Rife; 2018-03-29 at 12:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    at the bare minimum mw is a competitive spec in bfa because you are forced to bring 1 monk to your mythic raid, because of 5% physical damage increase.

it's typically very easy to slot in sub-optimal healers than sub-optimal tanks/dps, meaning if ww/brm are unviable, mw is automatically viable and top tier, regardless of power level.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    at the bare minimum mw is a competitive spec in bfa because you are forced to bring 1 monk to your mythic raid, because of 5% physical damage increase.

it's typically very easy to slot in sub-optimal healers than sub-optimal tanks/dps, meaning if ww/brm are unviable, mw is automatically viable and top tier, regardless of power level.
    Unfortunately it's not a good thing to make healers viable with some debuff/buff only they bring, when you have specs like Rsham/Hpal who are the only ones who bring their buffs/CDs, while also being great healers.

Mistweaver can't be a suboptimal healer in BfA, every expansion MW goodness has been spotty, we've been over this before, but it's undeniable that the only spec that has been more spotty that MW is Hpriest. Blizzard still designs healing classes as "These are the god healers, and this is 'the rest' of them".

Bringing back buffs in BfA are welcome, but not if it means the trend continues of MW being pretty much forgotten until the final tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    well the melee dps doing 5% more damage is literally powerful enough to make mw good, assuming ww/brm is bad anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    well the melee dps doing 5% more damage is literally powerful enough to make mw good, assuming ww/brm is bad anyway.
    Thankfully BrM will always be good. Outside of irrelevant first pre-tier raid as is tradition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Thankfully BrM will always be good. Outside of irrelevant first pre-tier raid as is tradition.
    yea what i said is fairly unlikely to happen xd