Can someone post the status of beta I don't have an invite and can't access discord.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

What kind of info are you looking for? Beta is still going on.

How is mistweaver looking for details from discord.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Two charges on Renewing Mist... Yet another step back into WoD territory. I loved how it used to play and love how it plays now so doesn't really worry me either way we go tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    UT got removed but also pseudo baked into baseline Vivify with the buffs it got.

Sweating intensifies as I wait for MW nerfs because if MW goes live in its current beta state it will be top tier in both M+ and Raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    UT got removed but also pseudo baked into baseline Vivify with the buffs it got.

Sweating intensifies as I wait for MW nerfs because if MW goes live in its current beta state it will be top tier in both M+ and Raids.
    I heard it would somehow mean profit loss for blizzard. No idea where I got that idea though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Is it intended that beta Soothing Mist functions differently from current Ancient Mistweaving Arts with regards to the targeting for instant spells? On live, if you channel AMA on someone and deselect them, it will still send your instant heals to that target. On beta, if you deselect the Soothing Mists target, you start hard casting spells on yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    I heard it would somehow mean profit loss for blizzard. No idea where I got that idea though.
    That's the meme yea.

I think it's more of an issue of Blizzard not knowing what niche they want MW to fill. If Blizzard want MW to be the raw throughput kings then MW might make it to live in its current beta state. If Blizzard want MW to be similar in throughput to other healers then MW is getting nerfed. Hard.

As an example in dungeons: Discs in beta are considered strong healers. Once every ~30 seconds they can cast PW:R to get 5 Atonements out then Schism and then Penance with Power of Light and Dark proc. A MW can channel Soothing onto a tank or priority target and spam Vivify 3 times with 3 ReM's out and they'll do more healing than the Disc. Also more healing than Hpals who Virtue into FoL/HL etc.

Hopefully raw throughput is Blizzards intended niche for MW because if it isn't some serious nerfs are coming. I'm worried throughput isn't what Blizzard wants for MW and so will nerf their numbers back to similar levels for other healers but they'll forget that in such an environment there would be no reason to bring anything other than Hpal/Rdruid because BoP/Freedom/Bubble/Bear/Stonebark/BR etc are tools MW just don't have.
    Last edited by Rife; 2018-06-18 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceronn View Post
    Is it intended that beta Soothing Mist functions differently from current Ancient Mistweaving Arts with regards to the targeting for instant spells? On live, if you channel AMA on someone and deselect them, it will still send your instant heals to that target. On beta, if you deselect the Soothing Mists target, you start hard casting spells on yourself.
    I would argue that the beta version is more consistent with how targeting normally works.

You jinxed us. Numbers nerfs in latest build.

10+ Year Old Account
    MW throughput is still top tier even with the Vivify nerfs. We now do about the same healing with 4/5 ReM's out as we did with one less ReM before the nerfs. Not a big deal.

Hopefully that's the tuning pass done and current beta MW goes live.
    Last edited by Rife; 2018-06-21 at 05:19 AM.

MW throughput is still top tier even with the Vivify nerfs. We now do about the same healing with 4/5 ReM's out as we did with one less ReM before the nerfs. Not a big deal.

Hopefully that's the tuning pass done and current beta MW goes live.
    Well that's good to know. Trying to figure out if I'm going MW or Disc, so happy to hear both seem like a good decision.

there are the nerfs gg
    Mistweaver Monk |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    there are the nerfs gg
    "Oh shit, I think those red-headed stepchild MWs are getting too close to our precious Resto Druids and Holy Paladins in usefulness! Better buff Pallies and Druids and nerf those MWs back down to the garbage tier they belong" ~Devs
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama