Deleted
    Ah, my assumption was 1 in each. Have you done it on the PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Ah, my assumption was 1 in each. Have you done it on the PTR?
    ive only played with the calc that wowhead has up built according to the version on the ptr.

first one in each relic is a flat 5 ilvl jump for weapon. 2nd row is one of 2 choices with 3 ranks. range from additional mastery and avoidance or haste and movement speed to chance for additional damage and healing on hit or the ability to proc shields. 3rd row is 3 existing talents (1 rank each). what it looks like is you get 2 choices (1 shared) depending on whether you take light or shadow.

will be interesting to see how it pans out. i like that they have added a socket in the top of the ui pane to see what traits you get with a given relic that you havent socketed yet.

If someone has missed these changes from few days ago, here they are:

Tiger Palm (Brewmaster) Attack with the palm of your hand, dealing [*1 + 105% of AP*] damage. 128.1% of AP*] damage.
    Chi Burst (Brewmaster) Hurls a torrent of Chi energy up to 40 yds forward, dealing [*412.5% [*503.25% of AP*] Nature damage to all enemies, and 0 healing to the Monk and all allies in its path.

Seems pretty decent. Well, except Chi Burst that no one is using and still wouldn't.
    Face palm relic stocks went even higher.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-08-05 at 01:19 PM.

Deleted
    Well, except Chi Burst that no one is using and still wouldn't.
    What? Chi Burst is, by far, the best Talent for 2+ target Cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    If someone has missed these changes from few days ago, here they are:

Tiger Palm (Brewmaster) Attack with the palm of your hand, dealing [*1 + 105% of AP*] damage. 128.1% of AP*] damage.
    Chi Burst (Brewmaster) Hurls a torrent of Chi energy up to 40 yds forward, dealing [*412.5% [*503.25% of AP*] Nature damage to all enemies, and 0 healing to the Monk and all allies in its path.

Seems pretty decent. Well, except Chi Burst that no one is using and still wouldn't.
    Face palm relic stocks went even higher.
    wouldnt be surprised if the tiger palm buff was a precursor to a face palm nerf. especially with it being (theoretically) easier to get 7/7 fp with the netherlight crucible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    Would agree if it wasn't so clunky and slow to use. Tiger's palm still dominates parses even on the mistress and other heavy cleave fights though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    wouldnt be surprised if the tiger palm buff was a precursor to a face palm nerf. especially with it being (theoretically) easier to get 7/7 fp with the netherlight crucible.
    I don't think so. They would probably do it at the same time and brm dps is not even that great to care about them nerfing it deliberately.

You guys are reading way too much into that datamine. Those are clearly WW buffs that will not be applied to brewmaster.

We don't even have Rising Sun Kick or Rushing Jade Wind and it says it's buffed the brewmaster version of those abilities.

It's not happening. This is why you shouldn't always look at datamines as official notes because of screwy ish like this. Brewmaster is not getting damage buffs when they may very well be the top tank dps after the last tuning pass nerf to VDH damage again.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, not really. If it didn't have a cast time I would agree but it's hard to fit in on what is a mostly gcd locked rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

brm dps is not even that great
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#class=Tanks

Sure thing.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-08-05 at 10:41 PM.

and brm dps is not even that great
    Rly?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...37&class=Tanks
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...50&class=Tanks

(One boss has aoe the other doesn't, just to take 2 different fight type examples.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Eh, not really. If it didn't have a cast time I would agree but it's hard to fit in on what is a mostly gcd locked rotation.
    Could you elaborate? Sure it has a cast time, but that time is less than 1 second, and therefore less than the GCD. This means it wont ever delay your rotation since the whole cast occurs during the time you'd have been waiting on the GCD anyway (which begins when you start casting, not when you finish).

Btw, as much as I agree that the datamining is for WW, BrM do in fact get RJW.
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Yxiomel View Post
    Could you elaborate? Sure it has a cast time, but that time is less than 1 second, and therefore less than the GCD. This means it wont ever delay your rotation since the whole cast occurs during the time you'd have been waiting on the GCD anyway (which begins when you start casting, not when you finish).
    Cast time is easily over 1 second when tanking multiple mobs, which is when you would want to use it.

Btw, as much as I agree that the datamining is for WW, BrM do in fact get RJW.
    Typo, I clearly meant SCK. It's pretty easy to mixup the two when they literally replaced each other for 2 xpacs.

I want to be sure to understand : Do you guys use TP all the time after a BoS ? If so, how do you manage to use the brews ? I've always used BoS + KS whenever ks is off CD otherwise I'd have a hard time to have leftover brews to purify.
    I have skada stagger. Whenever I'm in a high m+ dungeon with a monk tank, I see that they're hardly using purifying brews... Their purified damage are often in the 10-20% range. I feel like they're giving the healers a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I want to be sure to understand : Do you guys use TP all the time after a BoS ? If so, how do you manage to use the brews ? I've always used BoS + KS whenever ks is off CD otherwise I'd have a hard time to have leftover brews to purify.
    I have skada stagger. Whenever I'm in a high m+ dungeon with a monk tank, I see that they're hardly using purifying brews... Their purified damage are often in the 10-20% range. I feel like they're giving the healers a hard time.
    This number is meaningless. As long as they're purifying at dangerous times, it's fine. Most healers end up having tons of overhealing normally or tons of unused mana.

The goal in a high M+ is to survive a pull and kill it as fast as possible. You're not looking to become the ultimate impenetrable wall of a tank because that doesn't make things dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Rly?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...37&class=Tanks
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...50&class=Tanks

(One boss has aoe the other doesn't, just to take 2 different fight type examples.)
    Exclude the ones that have shoulders+chest combo and put them in the end.

Also Sisters is not a single target fight and at Goroth monks are at the middle (with all tanks being close to each other).
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-08-06 at 10:24 AM.

Strange decision Lets exclude bears with luffa, pallys with legs, dk with shoulders...

Quote Originally Posted by porubezhnik View Post
    Strange decision Lets exclude bears with luffa, pallys with legs, dk with shoulders...
    I would honestly love to do that, but we discussed tiger's palm or rather face palm trait in regards of overall dps and it would be strange (even for blizzard) to nerf brm damage from here. Without this legendary combo brm dps is pretty mediocre.

Without this legendary combo brm dps is pretty mediocre.
    Brewmaster is the top overall tank DPS in mythic raiding averaged over the course of all bosses in ToS.

Yep, that's the definition of mediocre right there.

If you want to claim we need to take out the ones using a certain lego combo, then you better be taking out those combos for other tank specs as well.

Just because you want to compare HT/Ring brewmasters to druids with luffa and thrash relics doesn't mean any sane person is going to do that.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-08-06 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    Brewmaster is the top overall tank DPS in mythic raiding averaged over the course of all bosses in ToS.
    What?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ks&dataset=100
    Overall Data.
    Brewmaster is only on Avatar on #1, but that's almost because there are not even 100 parses for all tanks combined.

What?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ks&dataset=100
    Overall Data.
    Brewmaster is only on Avatar on #1, but that's almost because there are not even 100 parses for all tanks combined.
    Here let me help you out...

Max is not average. Did you really try to compare 100th percentile, aka the top parse of each spec and say it was average? I literally lol'd. 75th percentile is a good mix of players of all types using defensive setups and what not, not just the single mostly wannabe God parse lord trying his hardest to get rank 1.

Here let me help you out...

Max is not average. Did you really try to compare 100th percentile, aka the top parse of each spec and say it was average? I literally lol'd. 75th percentile is a good mix of players of all types using defensive setups and what not, not just the single mostly wannabe God parse lord trying his hardest to get rank 1.
    and from 90-99% they are just behind DH, so definately one of the top overall dps.

Also Sisters is not a single target fight and at Goroth monks are at the middle (with all tanks being close to each other).
    Just out of curiosity why sisters isnt (Mostly) ST fight? Couse of that owl you get in p2 for some time which you prolly ignore up to around 35% hp and then nuke ASAP?