Page 51 of 145 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    How have people been handling the necrotic in M+? Some dungeons are fine but my group did a +8 Vault of Wardens earlier (Necrotic + Raging)...it did not go well. I know some groups are running 2 tanks but this isn't an option for my group so when mobs are immune to stun its just certain death. I'm tempted to try Niuzao but I'll admit its the only talent I've never actually used.

Deleted
    you can always try to kite. Constant slow from KS + roll/statue/lust gives quite some room (even against slow immune stuff like bosses ... HoV first boss says hello : / )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teabelly View Post
    you can always try to kite. Constant slow from KS + roll/statue/lust gives quite some room (even against slow immune stuff like bosses ... HoV first boss says hello : / )
    Tried kiting some of the trash/mini-bosses with mixed success. Some it worked OK, others it just isn't possible. I had switched to Dave specifically as it was VoW but he just got destroyed on Inquisitor Tormentorum when the vaults opened (I can't remember the last time he actually died on me!). I'm then trying to pick up a bunch of adds with with a stagger my priest can't outheal due to necrotic while trying to avoid daze and CD locking anything important!. In the end we had to clear all the little adds on the ledges around the room and I was transcending up onto edges to try and reset stacks. It might be that my group was being a little ambitious with VoW+8 (we aren't exactly hardcore plyers anymore) but I'd be quite interested to see how other groups (and specifically tanks) handle that place with those affixes. I don't think we will be going back there any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Is the hotfix active in EU? Stagger doesn't drop off any faster on me it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    I doubt it will be up until tomorrows reset.

I'm curious if NA BRMs have had time to test it out, like how long it takes to drop off and whether the amount of stagger matters.
    It's live in NA and it's amazing. Drops in like... 3 seconds or less and the amount staggered doesn't seem to matter.

To give an example, http://www.wowhead.com/quest=42172/l...ow-infestation this quest was up today. Last time I did it, I had to just say "fuck it" half way through since stagger ticks drop the rocks you have to carry around. This time, I hardly noticed I was doing the quest on a Brewmaster. It's a glorious QoL change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    It's live in NA and it's amazing. Drops in like... 3 seconds or less and the amount staggered doesn't seem to matter.

To give an example, http://www.wowhead.com/quest=42172/l...ow-infestation this quest was up today. Last time I did it, I had to just say "fuck it" half way through since stagger ticks drop the rocks you have to carry around. This time, I hardly noticed I was doing the quest on a Brewmaster. It's a glorious QoL change.
    do u notice any difference in the 5% more stagger?

Hey guys, I've rerolled back to my BrM for progress due to tank issues in guild.
    Are haste and crit the top stats for dps?
    Is RJW ever better in terms of dps output or is SD always top on any amount of targets?
    BoC better than ED and HT for dps? What's the difference in survivability between BoC played decently well vs. HT?
    Eye of the Tiger vs Chi Wave in terms of st damage?
    Where does haste begin to fall off, if ever?

I tanked the first 3 bosses on Mythic tonight, and while it was much more scary than my prenerf Warrior that we brought in for Ursoc last week when our previous tank was having issues, it didn't seem THAT bad in terms of being alive. I'm looking to put out more damage, and my kill tonight was with pretty much the wrong talent setup because I'm used to the playstyle and didn't realize SD was such a big increase (I was Chi Burst, throwing it at the raid after charges, and RJW which was obviously the wrong decision), and am also unsure how much survivability is lost dropping HT for BoC or ED.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Is RJW ever better in terms of dps output or is SD always top on any amount of targets?
    If you can keep RJW on cooldown consistently I believe it does outperform special delivery even on single target, but it can be pretty tough to keep it on CD in actual raid situations without delaying other buttons that give you a bigger benefit for pressing them. Stick with Special Delivery if it is damage you're looking for.
    BoC better than ED and HT for dps? What's the difference in survivability between BoC played decently well vs. HT?
    BoC in my experience is your top DPS talent of that tier while also offering middle of the road defensive benefits in comparison to HT and ED. High Tolerance improves on damage smoothing and works well in fights where you are taking consistent damage. If there is lots of tank swapping and/or downtime BoC is probably a better choice.
    Eye of the Tiger vs Chi Wave in terms of st damage?
    Haven't mathed it but from tooltips I would say in a raid environment Chi Wave is better DPS, EotT is more self healing (since in a raid you aren't likely to see the healing bounces from it). Chi Burst should still be your strongest DPS talent if you have a fair amount of opportunities to hit 2+ targets.
    Where does haste begin to fall off, if ever?
    Haste starts to drop off past 30% as you get closer and closer to GCD locking yourself.
    Daggerdsan of <Crown> on US Hyjal
    @Daggerd1404 on Twitter
    Daggerd#1404 on Bnet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggerd View Post
    If you can keep RJW on cooldown consistently I believe it does outperform special delivery even on single target, but it can be pretty tough to keep it on CD in actual raid situations without delaying other buttons that give you a bigger benefit for pressing them. Stick with Special Delivery if it is damage you're looking for.

BoC in my experience is your top DPS talent of that tier while also offering middle of the road defensive benefits in comparison to HT and ED. High Tolerance improves on damage smoothing and works well in fights where you are taking consistent damage. If there is lots of tank swapping and/or downtime BoC is probably a better choice.

Haven't mathed it but from tooltips I would say in a raid environment Chi Wave is better DPS, EotT is more self healing (since in a raid you aren't likely to see the healing bounces from it). Chi Burst should still be your strongest DPS talent if you have a fair amount of opportunities to hit 2+ targets.

Haste starts to drop off past 30% as you get closer and closer to GCD locking yourself.
    RJW is far superior in my opinion, again from a M+ scenario its up constantly, you can pick up adds quicker and rely less on RNG.

BoC is top dps output but also in my eyes still edges for defensive if played right, in anything M+7 onward those few choices of survival is what counts and having a base increase stagger vs paused stagger etc; its an easy call in my eyes.

For purely ST and personal healing, its EotT. Chi Wave for more group healing.

Haste beyond 30% is a waste but overall I find right now at least, that you sacrifice too much secondaries to reach that level of haste (i've a gear set that achieves such but I don't find it smooth at all)

Deleted
    In term of Survial: No, it will always give you a huge benefit.

I guess i am a bit lat to the party, but i found BoC + purify to be a very effective way to clear necrotic stacks on bosses. I would save EK, wait for a dodge before doing BoC + purify. If you get the 2nd dodge you can drop the EK and do BoC + purify for the dodge afterwards. For mobs you just have to kite and use KS.

How do you guys find soloing elites etc? As my vengeance dh I can survive indefinitely but do pretty low single target dps. How does brm cope?

Quote Originally Posted by sdre View Post
    do u notice any difference in the 5% more stagger?
    A bit, I mean it makes us a good bit sturdier, but the QoL change is more noticeable.

Anecdotal, and possibly just bad RNG, but I was trying SD a bit on Elerethe progress and it did 0 damage some pulls. Maybe on high movement fights SD isn't going to be reliable enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NirmalaZdC View Post
    In term of Survial: No, it will always give you a huge benefit.
    Yea, you can just start using fewer Blackout Strikes, which isn't a huge mitigation loss if you aren't using Blackout Combo

got Coagulated Nightwell Residue ilvl 865 today and holy i love the absorb on demand. it procc decent well and occational 1,5million shield is so sweet. not gamebreaking because rempup and maybe less powerfull in raids. but mythic+4 was noticable (am not the greatest tank out there so m+4 was a huge step)

i cant even less understand why blizz gave warrior such a stupidly strong absorb like IP.. now i would kill to get a less powerfull guard back (like the pvp talent)

Deleted
    Ideally what trinkets are you guys going for? whether from mythic+ or EN?

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Ideally what trinkets are you guys going for? whether from mythic+ or EN?
    Darkmoon Trinket and the one from Xavius

7+ Year Old Account
    The one from Xavius's trinket is broken at the moment, will most likely get a hotfix soon, it is reducing way more damage than its tool-tip says.

the xavius trinket requires (at least it did last week) that both tanks wear the trinket, and at least from debuffs only 1 tank will get the damage reduction. unless you're referring to a different bug.

Any idea on highest DPS trinkets? I was thinking Chrono Shard and Momento possibly, but there's so many random proc stat or on use stat trinkets this tier that I have no actual idea.

For survivability it seems like Xavius and Coagulated Nightwell Residue are both really strong, and Darkmoon Deck seems ok (what % dr is that armor on average?).

Deleted
    Random off point from trinkets but happy to report I got my first legendary...the shared dps leather belt /wrists!

I don't get why everyone is pushing the Darkmoon trinket so hard over the Dragons of Nightmare trinket or the Ursoc trinket. Yes, the bonus armor is very good, but the agility on it is almost useless, and it's 15 ilvls less than those trinkets.