Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems that you're both right and just talking about different content, so best to move on. Please keep the personal name calling and flaming out of the forums. Take it to PM if you want to complain about each other.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Is something off about Brm when it comes to timewalking? I either have no stagger to purify or constantly red. I'm going to test out my warrior and see if he has any trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    Is something off about Brm when it comes to timewalking? I either have no stagger to purify or constantly red.
    Timewalking always had the side effect of tank health going up and down like a yo-yo and healers having to spam 24/7 because mana was infinite, but tank could be gibbed in 2 hits.

I guess that shows that either you dodge and have no stagger but if you get hit, it goes to red because hits are always massive in comparison to the hp pool you're given from the scaling.

It was similar in WOD during timewalking only back then if you dipped low you'd insta pop a guard that would fill your whole hp bar with an absorb.

I know we should move on from Smashed but I personally love it doing mythic+. My BrM is fairly new, and it's noticeable to have it and be able to pick up some mob away instead of having to roll/run towards it while facing a mob that may or may not have a frontal cone towards the group. Great for kiting necrotic too.

Honestly, for one point, I feel like it's worth it. It was either that or 1% health and honestly I don't feel that is even close of a trade-off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi everyone,

I'm getting into playing my Brewmaster. The one thing I struggle with is threat on AOE packs. I use my artifact ability for the initial throw and then just keg smash and breath of fire. but as soon as dps increases I lose threat on the mobs one by one. What should I actually be doing?

Guessing I should drop special delivery and pick up RJW?
    Last edited by Verrayne; 2016-11-13 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verrayne View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm getting into playing my Brewmaster. The one thing I struggle with is threat on AOE packs. I use my artifact ability for the initial throw and then just keg smash and breath of fire. but as soon as dps increases I lose threat on the mobs one by one. What should I actually be doing?

Best Advice: try it out. if you feel more confortable with RJW go with it. dont listn to those elitist. if you play better with your way go with it
    yes it is a dps and somewhere survival loss, but who cares if you are not pushing for world top 10% (m+ or raid)

i always support personal playstyle

Hi everyone,

Go with RJW as you get comfortable. I've moved on and almost never use it lately, but I really enjoyed using it for easy add pickup for a while. The main problem with RJW is if you are using BoC then you just don't have many globals to spare for it. If you are not using BoC then it's a lot easier to fit RJW into your rotation.

Elusive Dance is a better talent than I thought. Tanked Guarm today with BoC and it felt weird to handle his fang attacks properly. When I switched to ED, everything just clicked. I guess it has to do with the fight having these spikes of damage that throws your stagger through the roof, but it feels great to clear from 85 to 20% stagger instantly. Are there any bosses you guys found where a certain unconventional/situational talent just clicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirdd View Post
    Elusive Dance is a better talent than I thought. Tanked Guarm today with BoC and it felt weird to handle his fang attacks properly. When I switched to ED, everything just clicked. I guess it has to do with the fight having these spikes of damage that throws your stagger through the roof, but it feels great to clear from 85 to 20% stagger instantly. Are there any bosses you guys found where a certain unconventional/situational talent just clicks?
    You think Brew-stache change helped Elusive Dancer? Max benefit from Elusive Dancer + brewstache+base dodge puts you around 37% dodge for a pretty high uptime. And you also get that dodge after you cleared. I'd be curious to try it out.

One side effect with ED is it can be hard to get a red stagger in order to clear it, so you can't count on having the max dodge buff. Last week I tried it with Teeming/Necrotic in NL+10. I had a grand total of 2 red staggers occur through a 31 minute dungeon.
    Last edited by Slatch; 2016-11-14 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaigar View Post
    You think Brew-stache change helped Elusive Dancer? Max benefit from Elusive Dancer + brewstache+base dodge puts you around 37% dodge for a pretty high uptime. And you also get that dodge after you cleared. I'd be curious to try it out.
    I wouldn't know since I only started playing brm post buffs, so I can't base it on past experience. Guarm was the first time I tried using ED ever, but it's also the only fight I would predictably and consistently get red stagger to be cleared.

I believe HT/BoC/ED are in a place where you want to choose them according to the fight you are at. HT is probably superior on multi ad and low(but constant) damage; BoC provides better survivability for burst(ie. Ilgynoth's tentacles), better dps and better isb uptime so it's overall more versatile; ED provides a better clear for big hits like on Guarm(and maybe ursoc? But maybe isb uptime is better there).

I like BoC and the "6s cd keg" playstyle so I default to BoC, but it's really cool to have these options depending on fight. Also the rotation becomes buttery smooth when you have the legendary chest with BoC

HT provides more ISB uptime than BoC on encounters that you constantly sit in yellow/red stagget, afaik. (because of the Haste)
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

About Smashed: it have a lot of uses, like some people said on DGs, but on raiding too
    Example: Dragons, when you need to swap dragons, taunt + KS is enough to keep the dragon aggro on you before he reaches you, and on some cases you need to take that dragon away from the other tank as fast as possible, with that trait that task becomes easier, on bosses that we keep being far from anything that trait shines, like Nythendra (since I take ALL volatile rots because... mobility), and on Cenarius for add pickup and when I'm helping with brambles... there are more cases, but just posting here to show that trait IS very usefull besides what some people said.

Hi everyone,

Are you using Dave? (Black Ox Statue)
    If so, try to taunt him and use EK + KS when the taunt debuff is still up, with that there is no DPS that can go beyond your aggro, but even if that happens then I suggest going for RJW, the AOE taunt of our statue is probably more than enough to keep mobs on you, use it as much as you can when you have AOE aggro problems

15+ Year Old Account
    Be wary of statue though it pulls everything in 40 meters range, no matter if you're in combat with them.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Be wary of statue though it pulls everything in 40 meters range, no matter if you're in combat with them.
    the range of the aggro from statue is 30 o/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gregstafelam View Post
    the range of the aggro from statue is 30 o/
    Yeah, that's still a potential 60 meter wide circle of pull-everything-even-through-walls-sometimes
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Yeah, that's still a potential 60 meter wide circle of pull-everything-even-through-walls-sometimes
    That's the biggest negative of Dave, other than the opportunity cost of losing Leg Sweep. A change to having Dave only aggro mobs in combat might be a reasonable request to make of Blizzard.

I would prefer to keep dave as it is now, since i can pull a whole room easily just placing him in the middle of it, if you position him well you're not going to have that kind of issue

It's kind of goofy though that we have to choose between Dave and Leg Sweep. Leg Sweep is like 80% of our utility (the other 20% is paralysis and our movement) and is one of the best mythic + abilities in the game. Meanwhile Dave is awesome, fun, and unique, but you can just bring a hunter and get basically the same overall effect - even down to the "pull everything in the room" part.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakiri View Post
    It's kind of goofy though that we have to choose between Dave and Leg Sweep. Leg Sweep is like 80% of our utility (the other 20% is paralysis and our movement) and is one of the best mythic + abilities in the game. Meanwhile Dave is awesome, fun, and unique, but you can just bring a hunter and get basically the same overall effect - even down to the "pull everything in the room" part.
    So what you're saying is... they need to buff Dave to continuously cast Barrage in all directions. I approve.

- - - Updated - - -

New Brewmaster Legendary:

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/144277-an...ned-wristwraps

Equip: Each time you dodge or an enemy misses you, you clear 5% of your damage delayed with Stagger.

Wonder how much that increases the value of Mastery once you have this equipped?

Edit3: And the spell changes show our crit buff going from +10% to +5%. Possible tooltip error though?

Ignore below - calculator bug
    Edit4: Looks like "Hot Blooded" went from 75%/6% at 3/3 to 100%/8%
    Dark side of the Moon from 2/4/6% to 4/6/8%
    Last edited by Aurlon; 2016-11-15 at 09:22 PM.