Some of you have already tanked Illidan from the P3 of Gul'dan Mythic since the patch ?

I just could not. I think I can stand the first 50% (with all CDs up), but I do not know how to handle the last part.

Was running Ring+Archimonde trinket legendaries, LB, MV and BoC.

Any tips ? or should I let my co-tank warrior take him ?

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    So you would think. That is what I thought too. But the core of us is to keep BoS on CD now right? So if you don't have energy for KS with shoulders you just wait 1s for BoS. Well if you do that you end up with a situation where BoS comes out of CD and Keg Smash reaches 2 charges at the same time. So you will miss either BoS use or KS recharge.

https://gfycat.com/BeneficialWellgroomedIslandcanary

As you see here at start I skip using keg smash because of energy and instead wait for BoS CD. All is fine until next cycle and BoS and KS come out of CD at around the same time. 13% haste for testing.

You can't use the both Keg smashes quickly earlier to gain buffer because of energy too.

So you will lose value from shoulders because of energy issues.
    You're way overthinking it.

It's a very, very minor dps loss to not get every BOS the second it comes off cd.

Being resource limited in this very nit pick situation sounds kind of silly to me. It's not a loss if you don't have the energy to do it. The shoulders make it so a KS cd is never wasted, that is far more important then a BOS cd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You're way overthinking it.

It's a very, very minor dps loss to not get every BOS the second it comes off cd.

Being resource limited in this very nit pick situation sounds kind of silly to me. It's not a loss if you don't have the energy to do it. The shoulders make it so a KS cd is never wasted, that is far more important then a BOS cd.
    That is just the start. From that moment on you will lose many BoS because you lack energy to do both KS and empowered TP. And then it stops being "minor dps loss".

Not to mention a noticeable DTPS increase from bosses as you lose EB gain from BoS.
    Last edited by keqe; 2017-06-15 at 12:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Deleted
    So why not just run higher haste?

With EB stacking so fast, maybe there is merit to losing a few points of mastery and put it into haste to keep a fluid rotation and brew generation.

With AA damage increasing substantially in TOS (my understanding), we'll have to purify more requently and without a huge bank of ISB we can't afford to run out of brews

I tanked yesterday NH hc/nhc and i didnt notice any energy starvation.
    But what i did notice, is the significant loss of dps ~ 10-15%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s4ibot View Post
    I tanked yesterday NH hc/nhc and i didnt notice any energy starvation.
    Mostly caused by not able to use BoS every second global in BL now. Especially noticeable in HC/normal where you have BL for half of the fight.

Shoulders help with that and in ToS it won't be as prevalent as you aren't in BL that much obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Langbardr View Post
    Some of you have already tanked Illidan from the P3 of Gul'dan Mythic since the patch ?

I just could not. I think I can stand the first 50% (with all CDs up), but I do not know how to handle the last part.

Was running Ring+Archimonde trinket legendaries, LB, MV and BoC.

Any tips ? or should I let my co-tank warrior take him ?
    i ended up tanking it last night (for the first time actually, since we decided to do splits in prep for tomb) i was running bob, DH, ht with ring and chest equipped and it was pretty easy. I cut it a little close on over purifying a couple times after a soul sever but never let isb drop. Between DH and fort brew or an external i always had something up for post soul sever.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=1

Quote Originally Posted by s4ibot View Post
    Most frustrating part. Being lowest dps tank will make me reroll tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMaria View Post
    So why not just run higher haste?

With EB stacking so fast, maybe there is merit to losing a few points of mastery and put it into haste to keep a fluid rotation and brew generation.

With AA damage increasing substantially in TOS (my understanding), we'll have to purify more requently and without a huge bank of ISB we can't afford to run out of brews
    i agree, with the chest equipped i felt i was constantly getting to 3+ stacks (over 100%) and wasting mastery value. I was running ~25% haste 30% mastery last night, i think going into tomb i want to drop some mastery for haste/vers

The only thing that felt harder than prepatch yesterday was solotanking the last phase of botanist, usually coming in with 1.5-2minutes of isb but you can't just do that anymore, other bosses were easier if anything, because the dodge leads to such a massive passive damage reduction in the end(i took around 85k less DTPS on M gul'dan than last week with a similar killtime and overall fight, and it's really not fel scythe nerf alone)

The dps didn't drop much at all(even 5% would be an overstatement), if you're experiencing a big loss you're just not handling the 3 seconds bos and its consequences well
    Mastery stacking indeeds feels very bad,my dodge % barely changed beetween bosses where i tried to play with 14k mastery instead of 7-8k, i think a good mastery breakpoint to reach and then forget about mastery is the one allowing you to get 100% dodge after 1 non dodged hit and a blackout strike/bof (so the old dodge every 3 hits), anything above that will/would be wasted a lot of the time
    Last edited by Mokuna; 2017-06-15 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    The only thing that felt harder than prepatch yesterday was solotanking the last phase of botanist, usually coming in with 1.5-2minutes of isb but you can't just do that anymore
    Its still easy with 1-2 externals and legendary head.

Quote Originally Posted by gramz View Post
    i ended up tanking it last night (for the first time actually, since we decided to do splits in prep for tomb) i was running bob, DH, ht with ring and chest equipped and it was pretty easy. I cut it a little close on over purifying a couple times after a soul sever but never let isb drop. Between DH and fort brew or an external i always had something up for post soul sever.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=1
    I will give it a try this way. Don't have the chest though.

Thanks for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Langbardr View Post
    I will give it a try this way. Don't have the chest though.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Chest only offers the defensive benefit of one mastery stack per extra cast, so it's really just a offensive leggo

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy fix for Breath of Fire's Elusive Brawler generation would be to make dodging with elusive brawler stacks only consume stacks up to where you have 100% dodge.

So if you had 15% dodge and 30% mastery and you had 4 stacks. (135% dodge). It would only consume 3 of those charges for the dodge (105% worth of dodge).

It would make BoF generation on AoE meaningful. It would obviously be overpowered in current state but if they intend to nerf the current system or mastery in the future this would help to make it balanced for both single and AoE (now EB from abilities makes you dodge ridiculously on single enemy but on many enemies it isn't changed much from before).

It would also make legendary chest even better obviously but everyone uses it anyway. The EB stack cap would also have to be lowered from 100 stacks to prevent situations where you just gather 100 stacks off tanking etc. 10-15 stacks probably.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    It would also make legendary chest even better obviously but everyone uses it anyway.
    I don't like this part at all. No, not everyone has access to specific legendaries and with increased number of them it's even less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    I don't like this part at all. No, not everyone has access to specific legendaries and with increased number of them it's even less.
    True. I'd much prefer if the effect was just baseline or BoF CD was set to like 6 seconds base. The spec plays much better with it.

I will be using chest because I dont like to gcd capped. I need that BoF when rjw is up and bos not up. Stupid BoS change.

Deleted
    Newest innovations from Blizzards genius brains:

Stagger now has 40% effectiveness against Magic damage (was 50%).
    Brewmaster Monk Tier 20 2-piece now has a 40% chance to generate a Gift of the Ox Healing Sphere (was 100%).

Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755796772#1

At least they know how to destroy a class entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by NirmalaZdC View Post
    Newest innovations from Blizzards genius brains:

Stagger now has 40% effectiveness against Magic damage (was 50%).
    Brewmaster Monk Tier 20 2-piece now has a 40% chance to generate a Gift of the Ox Healing Sphere (was 100%).

Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755796772#1

At least they know how to destroy a class entirely.
    Yes, we are totally destroyed /s

Still arguably the best going into Tomb but whatever floats your boat.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yes, we are totally destroyed /s
    Correction, we have a 40% chance to be destroyed.