Deleted
    If you don't have the legendary chest yet, T21 4p might be nice to have, but don't sacrifice much for it.

Thinking about coming back either for the remainder of Legion, or once BoA comes out, and was curious if Brewmasters are still in a bad place since the beginning of Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Errodien View Post
    Thinking about coming back either for the remainder of Legion, or once BoA comes out, and was curious if Brewmasters are still in a bad place since the beginning of Legion?
    Brewmaster being in a bad spot was literally a blip on the radar in the grand scheme of Legion. They've been a top tier tank in every raid but one, and mid tier in M+ for the same amount of time.

Hell, Exorsus is using 939 and 942 alt brewmasters to get world 2nd Argus.

There are still overlying issues with the spec because of how it was handled in the legion alpha/beta but perfoming well is not one of them.

Hey, total newbie here, Antorus was my first raid tier to play and did it all.

My secret – Elusive Dance on Varimathras. One Purifying Brew takes all the damage away and makes you impossible to be hit. I use it right before Misery and the fight becomes a damn cakewalk.

How do you deal with Mythic Felhounds ? Is it better going for a dodge/purify build with bracers/shoulders/BoC, a stagger build with class ring/chest/HT or another one ?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    How do you deal with Mythic Felhounds ? Is it better going for a dodge/purify build with bracers/shoulders/BoC, a stagger build with class ring/chest/HT or another one ?
    The relevant damage is all in the bite and its stacks. Which is magic damage and can't be dodged.

So talent Ring for MV + DH. And whatever 2nd legendary you fancy. If your have issues surviving consider the trinket for an absorb shield on high stacks.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The relevant damage is all in the bite and its stacks. Which is magic damage and can't be dodged.

So talent Ring for MV + DH. And whatever 2nd legendary you fancy. If your have issues surviving consider the trinket for an absorb shield on high stacks.
    Yep, on our last kill, I used class ring and 2 absorb trinkets (Aggramar and Reliquary). My co-tank was also a monk and took the other approach with the dodge build, yet his health didn't seem to spike as much as mine, hence why I came here (private logs, can't share them, sadly).
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens

Hey guys,

I have kind of an odd question. My friend and I (fire mage) have been duoing early Legion raids/Mythic pluses here lately for shits and giggles. We've kind of hit a stopping block on Normal Skorpyron in Nighthold. I just eventually run out of self-heals and die, usually around the time the boss is at 50% health or so. I know monks aren't super great at the self-healing thing, especially in older/easier content, but my monk's the character I have balance of power on, haha, so I was wondering if anyone had any speccing/gearing tips to potentially help me survive better.

I've been running with the leggo chest and class ring, using Healing Elixir (with Mystic Vitality from the ring) and the standard setup of Eye of the Tiger, Black Ox Brew, Leg Sweep, RJW, and Blackout Combo. I'm 945 w/ 4pc T20. Don't quite have all leggos available since this is one of my alts (no Cinidaria, which would be good I know, no Prydaz either). Any suggestions for increasing my self-healing/absorbs?
    Setah - Guardian Druid | Kade - Brewmaster Monk | Aklan - Prot Pally
    Raid leader of Big Bada Boom, a casually-minded-yet-progressively-awesome 2-night team.
    Also bare tanks as Setah on Mankrik, hordeside, on Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Setah View Post
    Hey guys,

I have kind of an odd question. My friend and I (fire mage) have been duoing early Legion raids/Mythic pluses here lately for shits and giggles. We've kind of hit a stopping block on Normal Skorpyron in Nighthold. I just eventually run out of self-heals and die, usually around the time the boss is at 50% health or so. I know monks aren't super great at the self-healing thing, especially in older/easier content, but my monk's the character I have balance of power on, haha, so I was wondering if anyone had any speccing/gearing tips to potentially help me survive better.

I've been running with the leggo chest and class ring, using Healing Elixir (with Mystic Vitality from the ring) and the standard setup of Eye of the Tiger, Black Ox Brew, Leg Sweep, RJW, and Blackout Combo. I'm 945 w/ 4pc T20. Don't quite have all leggos available since this is one of my alts (no Cinidaria, which would be good I know, no Prydaz either). Any suggestions for increasing my self-healing/absorbs?
    Are you keeping your right side next to a wall?

A few ideas are worth trying.

1) Healing/shielding trinkets might allow you the self sustain that you need. While I'm not a big fan of Riftworld codex, but it might work well here. 1 on use and 1 proc trinket could work well.
    2) Drop the talent ring and use shield trinket if you have it.
    3) Drop down to 2 pc tier 20 and then either get 2 pc tier 21 or go for more stats. More stats = more self heals and dodge.
    4) Get really good at dancing left/right really fast at 35% hp and bounce your hp all fight. Some fights might allow for corner tanking.
    5) Try out Elusive Dance. Timing extra dodge each time you bounce to 35% helps proc orbs over and over until you get that nice RNG and the orb is a 2x Overflow then crits and procs Celestial Fortune. Ok you don't need all that to stay in the game, but increasing the chances of it happening and then is nice. I have a higher ilvl but a single Overflow orb can crit for 1.5M.
    6) Get Overflow artifact talents.
    7) Try out Gift of the Mists Talent. Not convinced it'll work well, but worth a try.

Awesome tips, thanks! I thought about Gift of the Mists and Elusive Dance, but hadn't tried either.

I do have the shield trinket, so that may help, especially when the adds come up. I don't have Riftworld yet, but I'll try and grab it.

I didn't even think about corner tanking, but that makes a lot of sense.

Thanks again, guys!
    Setah - Guardian Druid | Kade - Brewmaster Monk | Aklan - Prot Pally
    Raid leader of Big Bada Boom, a casually-minded-yet-progressively-awesome 2-night team.
    Also bare tanks as Setah on Mankrik, hordeside, on Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Setah View Post
    Awesome tips, thanks! I thought about Gift of the Mists and Elusive Dance, but hadn't tried either.

I do have the shield trinket, so that may help, especially when the adds come up. I don't have Riftworld yet, but I'll try and grab it.

I didn't even think about corner tanking, but that makes a lot of sense.

Thanks again, guys!
    Elusive Dance could be the worst talent in the World of Warcraft. Using Blackout Combo to simply make the boss dead soon is better HPS.

Riftworld Codex is a very powerful trinket. The HoT proc is a tremendous heal, the shield proc is alright, but the real gem is the AOE damage one, which will keep you at 100% during add phases.

Running Healing Elixirs is a better option than Mystic Vitality, as the actual damage reduction is very low and Healing Elixirs gives you the ability to pop over 35% if the need arises.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Elusive Dance could be the worst talent in the World of Warcraft. Using Blackout Combo to simply make the boss dead soon is better HPS.

Riftworld Codex is a very powerful trinket. The HoT proc is a tremendous heal, the shield proc is alright, but the real gem is the AOE damage one, which will keep you at 100% during add phases.

Running Healing Elixirs is a better option than Mystic Vitality, as the actual damage reduction is very low and Healing Elixirs gives you the ability to pop over 35% if the need arises.
    Vitality is useless on some bosses but unless you're planning on respeccing every boss I'd stick with Mystic Vitality over elixirs. Vitality will save you from getting one-shot from high-stack debuffs on a bunch of encounters. You definitely want to have Vitality for the 7-8 stack debuff hits on hounds, to take 4+ nature mines on Imonar, if you want to tank Varimathras successfully at all, and it'll also help if you have to take the fire boss on Coven to Africa for a clear area and need to take more than two stacks of the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    Vitality is useless on some bosses but unless you're planning on respeccing every boss I'd stick with Mystic Vitality over elixirs. Vitality will save you from getting one-shot from high-stack debuffs on a bunch of encounters. You definitely want to have Vitality for the 7-8 stack debuff hits on hounds, to take 4+ nature mines on Imonar, if you want to tank Varimathras successfully at all, and it'll also help if you have to take the fire boss on Coven to Africa for a clear area and need to take more than two stacks of the debuff.
    The discussion was about duoing normal Skorpyron with another dps.

For normal situations I prefer to run Dampen Harm and use the Leggo class ring to get MV when needed.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    I'm a returning brewmaster. Last time I used this char was during mythic Nighthold, so I'm just getting on par with all the changes they made to the spec, as well as starting to gear him again.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...C3%A0/niangzao
    Now, I've seen that we don't run Special Delivery anymore, but honestly I'm having a lot of problems not overcapping energy with all this stuff to press. Maybe it's due to high haste and leg chest, but I find it hard to fit jade wind and chi burst into my rotation without heavily wasting energy. I've also seen that ISB can't be stacked indefinitely like before, so I was wondering if I should just drop Blackout Combo and go with HT instead.
    Every advice is accepted.

Over capping energy a little is no big deal, but if you feel like things are too hectic by all means run with Special Delivery until you are comfortable running RJW. Often times running "optimal" builds while not performing them perfectly can be a damage/resource loss.

HT offers few advantages compared to BoC. Empowering TPs, with 6-7 TP relics, is a huge damage increase. HT could be nice for surviving big hits, but since those are few this tier it often just means your stagger climbs higher faster. The one fight where we constantly do take big hits, Varimathris, we also can't be healed after the hit, so we get eaten by stagger anyways(some people like to empower ISB, I prefer to purify 2x after a hit). In general I think your best bet atm is to practice with BoC while using Special Delivery, and then make future adjustments as you are more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    I'm a returning brewmaster. Last time I used this char was during mythic Nighthold, so I'm just getting on par with all the changes they made to the spec, as well as starting to gear him again.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...C3%A0/niangzao
    Now, I've seen that we don't run Special Delivery anymore, but honestly I'm having a lot of problems not overcapping energy with all this stuff to press. Maybe it's due to high haste and leg chest, but I find it hard to fit jade wind and chi burst into my rotation without heavily wasting energy. I've also seen that ISB can't be stacked indefinitely like before, so I was wondering if I should just drop Blackout Combo and go with HT instead.
    Every advice is accepted.
    It isn't this difficult. With BoC and leg chest, you keep the following rotation :
    KS > BoK > TP > BoF > BoK > TP > RJW > BoK > TP >> Repeat from start
    Throw in Chi burst when you need it (doesn't interact with BoC). If you're not comfortable yet, use Eye of the Tiger instead. If you follow that, you should be energy starved instead (thus the use of Black Ox Brew).

You'll lose a lot of DPS going HT, but you'll take way more damage from Stagger instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slatch View Post
    Over capping energy a little is no big deal, but if you feel like things are too hectic by all means run with Special Delivery until you are comfortable running RJW. Often times running "optimal" builds while not performing them perfectly can be a damage/resource loss.

HT offers few advantages compared to BoC. Empowering TPs, with 6-7 TP relics, is a huge damage increase. HT could be nice for surviving big hits, but since those are few this tier it often just means your stagger climbs higher faster. The one fight where we constantly do take big hits, Varimathris, we also can't be healed after the hit, so we get eaten by stagger anyways(some people like to empower ISB, I prefer to purify 2x after a hit). In general I think your best bet atm is to practice with BoC while using Special Delivery, and then make future adjustments as you are more comfortable.
    I see. Thanks, then I'll stick to BoC since I'm used to it, and I will keep using special delivery for a while until I get familiar with the spec again.
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    It isn't this difficult. With BoC and leg chest, you keep the following rotation :

Throw in Chi burst when you need it (doesn't interact with BoC). If you're not comfortable yet, use Eye of the Tiger instead. If you follow that, you should be energy starved instead (thus the use of Black Ox Brew).

You'll lose a lot of DPS going HT, but you'll take way more damage from Stagger instead.
    Thanks, I'll try that order, and see if I'm comfortable with it.

Deleted
    Thanks to previous advices, I'm now comfortably playing my monk with RJW and have no problem with 2TP rotation. However I just dropped legendary shoulders, how does it influence my rotation? I'm unfortunately runing with high haste (~22%, hoping to drop some next lockout) and legendary chest.

Deleted
    Shoulders allow you to run the BL rotation for most of the fight. So you use KS every 6 seconds and once you have no charges you let it charge for 9. Something like

KS - BoS - TP - BoF - BoS - TP - KS - BoS - TP - RJW - BoS - TP - KS - BoS - TP - BoF - BoS- TP - RJW - BoS - TP

is infinitely sustainable.