Prot - Weakaura/Grand crusader tracking

Hi so pre patch i had an aura to track Grand crusader buff proc - the reason is i wanted to use this weak aura to force a "glow effect" on my Avenger shield cd icon (to look just like a normal avenger shield on the bar)

As of the patch this is no longer possible as grand crusader is not a buff gained anymore? I've tried various things and am lost, any ideas?

Pre patch:

Having a WA to track "Grand crusader" Aura could then be used to add a glow effect onto my Avenger shield Aura (i use Auras to track abilitys)

Post patch:

I've tried adding an "event" aura to track combat log for the spell id / Grand crusader, neither worked.

I'm also looking for a solution to this. Losing the glow is killing my reaction time.

What is the purpose of tracking the new Grand Crusader?
    Avenger's Shield no longer gives Holy Power if used within 6 seconds after a GC Proc. If you need a glow to track AS as it comes off CD just use the Trigger - Status - Action Usable - Avenger's Shield. Prior to the most recent update of WA it was giving me a strange 1 second delay, but it seems fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls View Post
    What is the purpose of tracking the new Grand Crusader?
    Avenger's Shield no longer gives Holy Power if used within 6 seconds after a GC Proc. If you need a glow to track AS as it comes off CD just use the Trigger - Status - Action Usable - Avenger's Shield. Prior to the most recent update of WA it was giving me a strange 1 second delay, but it seems fine now.
    Knowing when my CD gets reset. I have custom alerts that pop up for .5 seconds when certain things proc, just so I can keep track of what's going on. I turned off the blizz alerts because they last so long.

Deleted
    This might be the wrong weakaura but I made one that shows the standard proc for Grand Crusader every time Avenger's Shield is up. (its a very basic WA)
    http://pastebin.com/xnHEy5wW

15+ Year Old Account
    i used dummy trigger WA to glow my avange'rs shield WA and i updated it to 7.0 using custom triggers:
    Events:
    Code:
    SPELL_ACTIVATION_OVERLAY_GLOW_SHOW, SPELL_ACTIVATION_OVERLAY_GLOW_HIDE
    Custom Trigger:
    Code:
    function(waEvent,spellID)
        if waEvent == 'SPELL_ACTIVATION_OVERLAY_GLOW_SHOW' and spellID and spellID == 31935 then
            return true
        end
    end
    Custom Untrigger:
    Code:
        if waEvent == 'SPELL_ACTIVATION_OVERLAY_GLOW_HIDE' and spellID and spellID == 31935 then
            return true
        end
    end
    if you want to use it for other spells, just change the spellID to correct ID
    Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.
    iKeystones, iLFRDescription, iEncounterEventTracker

Quote Originally Posted by Ironi View Post
    i used dummy trigger WA to glow my avange'rs shield WA and i updated it to 7.0 using custom triggers
    It's perfect! Thanks a ton.

i used dummy trigger WA to glow my avange'rs shield WA and i updated it to 7.0 using custom triggers:
    Events:
    Code:
    Custom Trigger:
    Code:
        if waEvent == 'SPELL_ACTIVATION_OVERLAY_GLOW_SHOW' and spellID and spellID == 31935 then
            return true
        end
    end
    Custom Untrigger:
    Code:
        if waEvent == 'SPELL_ACTIVATION_OVERLAY_GLOW_HIDE' and spellID and spellID == 31935 then
            return true
        end
    end
    I never did thank you, so thanks! tested the aura yesterday and works perfectly, IDK why i care since the GC provides no benefit anymore other than CD reset but yeah haha.

Deleted
    Events:
    Code:
    Custom Trigger:
    Code:
            return true
        end
    end
    Custom Untrigger:
    Code:
            return true
        end
    end
    I may come quite a bite late, but i started using WA and a Prot Pally for a few days, and being new to this "WA System" i don't quite understand how to do this.. Can you please explain it for a WA-noobies? I mean, do i need to create some new icon and then just copy&paste ur code or do i need to modify an existing avenger's shield WA by adding triggers? A mini tutorial-like would be so helpful!!