Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Seriously? who gives a fuck if Olivia Grace is leaving Blizzard?

She's been there 5 minutes. Are we going to get bullshit "blah blah is leaving" like this for every departing staff member? LoL

Ridiculous!
    But of course. Anything people can come up with to further their sentiment that WoW is dying/dead.

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    in b4 "Javier from maintenance is leaving, cake in the break-room"
    Javier and I were bros, man. We had so many good times going over audit logs, him and I. I'm going to cry into his goodbye cake.

Edit: I know it's rude, but refresh my memory: Olivia worked with their esports team?

No one gives a crap about Olivia Grace, but there have been a lot of people leaving in the last year, particularly from the community team. Bashiok, Crithto, Zarhym, and now Rygarius? They've all been there for years. Nethaera's the only one left that's been there for a long time (and consistently on the WoW team since Kaivax was on a different one for a few years there). I guess Lore's been there a few years now, but he still feels like such a newbie to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Didn't even know who Olivia Grace was. *shrug*
    *Cough* Lore's girlfriend *Cough*
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Will you report now every departure of a person who announces it via Twitter? Most people only care about Devs leaving, not CMs and especially not some dummy position as "ESports Manager".

Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    No one gives a crap about Olivia Grace, but there have been a lot of people leaving in the last year, particularly from the community team. Bashiok, Crithto, Zarhym, and now Rygarius? They've all been there for years. Nethaera's the only one left that's been there for a long time (and consistently on the WoW team since Kaivax was on a different one for a few years there). I guess Lore's been there a few years now, but he still feels like such a newbie to the team.
    Well yea those people left. Being there years and still being a CM because there was no available promotion for them would make it where a change in your career is prbly a good thing.

They weren't devs just ppl who was suppose to put up with us and our silly hate threads.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    @chaud You might want to update it. That's a bobble Overlord, not a Zergling! Easy mistake to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Seriously? who gives a fuck if Olivia Grace is leaving Blizzard?

She's been there 5 minutes. Are we going to get bullshit "blah blah is leaving" like this for every departing staff member? LoL

Ridiculous!
    It was a joke. Imo, Blizzard has never really been successful in the esports scene, so thats why im saying her position as esports manager at Blizzard being rather short lived isn't surprising.
    Last edited by Spryte; 2016-07-21 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Olivia just friggen started! Jeez....

wow = dead , thanks to teh bullshit automated silence
    ppl know this, as u can see THE RATS started to jump ship

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    of course they will, if the numbers are good.
    Maybe if they maintain a certain level for a couple years, but I don't think reporting on subscriber peaks is very valuable when they have to turn around and report on valleys.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    "Once Virtual Ticket Sales begin". Last year this was mid August. Year before it was early September.
    Appreciate the info nonetheless! I'll keep an eye out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikkof View Post
    wow = dead , thanks to teh bullshit automated silence
    ppl know this, as u can see THE RATS started to jump ship
    Can't wait until the last 127 or so diehard WoW fanbois are left on the last server, with pix of them in their basements still clutching their Wrath Blizzcon merch like it'll be worth something "someday"...munching a mountain of Doritos and pining for ye olde days of Ulduar....

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Can't wait until the last 127 or so diehard WoW fanbois are left on the last server, with pix of them in their basements still clutching their Wrath Blizzcon merch like it'll be worth something "someday"...munching a mountain of Doritos and pining for ye olde days of Ulduar....
    And yet, here you sit..hanging around on a WoW fan site.

Would love to see some pics of you hovering over your cheeto crusted keyboard hitting the f5 key.

People who live in glass basements shouldn't throw Monster cans.

She worked there for like a month, I'm sure some janitors have quit too, why don't we post about them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    And yet, here you sit..hanging around on a WoW fan site.

Would love to see some pics of you hovering over your cheeto crusted keyboard hitting the f5 key.

People who live in glass basements shouldn't throw Monster cans.

Actually, my sub runs out on the 29th for the last time, because this pre-patch proves how shitty Legion will be and where Blizz has decided to take the game since WoD. Very obvious now that it'll never get better, only worse.

I have much better games than WoW.

Nice try though.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-07-22 at 02:02 AM.

This was the highlight of my day. I found Olivia Grace to be horribly toxic and a hiring mistake on Blizzard's part. She accomplished nothing while she was at Blizzard, and her Twitter feed was impossible to follow because she was using it for both personal and Blizzard announcements, often sharing her own polarizing opinions. Most Blizzard employees respect that when they are in a public role they understand they represent the company because of their name and following, and are not a separate entity anymore. A true unprofessional employee if there ever was one with poor social media skills.

I for one cheer her departure and hope that it was more Blizzard's idea than her own. In the future they should devote the eSports position to someone with some actual tenure in performing that role. I can't think of one thing she even did while she was there that was worth mentioning, which tells me her management was poor across the board. As a PvP follower, I'm hoping Blizzard will smarten up about this role and treat it with actual respect than to put someone like that person in this role again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    nah, the tyrande silence uproar came from perculia.
    the not pink haired wowhead chick.
    the one who looks like larry fine

People being so mean to Olivia (and Perculia) in these comments... Please take a moment to realize she will probably read these, and don't be so nasty. I don't even know her or follow her, but you all look like giant assholes right now. Would you say the same thing to her face? If not, you're probably going overboard about it or putting things too harshly. If so, you're probably an even bigger jerk than I thought!