Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Patch 7.0 BG which spec is best

I'm not really enjoying BGs like I used to since we don't have the honor talents yet and everything "will get better at 110", I just remember the cata prepatch I was 1 shotting players with TV, that was fun, this seems really dull atm.

Just wondering what you guys think are the top picks for BGs atm (survivability/damage)

I've tried playing my rogue (all specs) Warrior (fury) Paladin (ret) Hunter (MM) and I find the damage on all of them pretty low, except outlaw/assassination with all CDs, none of the specs seem to survive very good on their own, MM I find easier to play in BGs since its ranged.

IMO from what I've observed in the 50+ bgs I've played since the patch, the best BG specs seem to be

Affliction / Boomkin / Spriest

What do you think?

Priest is scary if its not tunneled. They are nothing without support though. They have no speed anymore and their heal is shadow school so once they are kicked they are boned.

Aff locks are VERY tanky and druids seem good too like you said.

UH Dks are best melee aoe dmg wise, from what i can judge on person exp from doing bgs

as an Spriest I feel godly. Not many classes are able to deal with me in 1v1, and if I'm ignored I'll double everyone else's damage.

I've made a few Bgs, boomkin and affliction hit very hard (and yes, that last one can be VERY tanky). Not seen many shadow priest yet.

Yeah sundering prepatch was great, as a boomer melee were dying to my thorns lol. Enjoying boomer and UH DK atm, crazy dot pressure

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ESPG-1 View Post
    I'm not really enjoying BGs like I used to since we don't have the honor talents yet and everything "will get better at 110", I just remember the cata prepatch I was 1 shotting players with TV, that was fun, this seems really dull atm.
    so you'd rather enjoy a game where certain classes can oneshot others? well, yeah idk what to say really..

sure ist pretty unbalanced here and then, but yeah prepatch won't last forever.
    i'd rather have a patch where most of the classes do low damage and some do good, then 1-2 classes just oneshot everything while leaving others chanceless

Demo lock with implosion like by FAR. Get up around 10-12 wild imps, cast Soul Harvest, find a clump of ppl and cast implosion. You literally will drop like 50-70% of their HP AoE in a global. It's completely mental and a bit under the radar but I've seen demo locks doing 2-4x everyone elses damage in battlegrounds with it. Very likely to get nerfed as well because people will start bandwagoning it fast so enjoy it while u can.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 2016-07-22 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryqen View Post
    so you'd rather enjoy a game where certain classes can oneshot others? well, yeah idk what to say really..

i'd rather have a patch where most of the classes do low damage and some do good, then 1-2 classes just oneshot everything while leaving others chanceless
    yes, being godly in bgs is fun there is no denying it
    i dont care about damage so much, just more like feeling 'effective' in bgs

Quote Originally Posted by ryqen View Post

I'd rather play the end of WOTLK, where people could pop CDs and genuinely 2-shot people. That's way more fun than a 30 second fight of 2 high damage low survival specs dukeing it out. ATM, it feels like whichever side has more healers will slowly grind the other side down. Had a BG earlier where 3 healers on both teams and the fight to capture center mines took something stupid like 8 minutes. That is not fun.

That being said, healing is pretty fun now, especially as holy pally.

Affliction lock. I need to see if mine is level 90 or level 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Demo lock with implosion like by FAR. Get up around 10-12 wild imps, cast Soul Harvest, find a clump of ppl and cast implosion. You literally will drop like 50-70% of their HP AoE in a global. It's completely mental and a bit under the radar but I've seen demo locks doing 2-4x everyone elses damage in battlegrounds with it. Very likely to get nerfed as well because people will start bandwagoning it fast so enjoy it while u can.
    Yup, I admit. I bandwagoned. After about 10 BGs, I have YET to be beaten in damage with exception of one WSG where I ran flag

Priests are major threats, but inside the arena I don't think we'll remain this way. Our tools for survival have been gutted, and having historically been the squishiest of the squishies a single lockdown and tunnel will drop us quick. As of now I've never had more fun as a disc priest in my entirety of playing WoW as I am having now - shadow is a different story. Shadow could really benefit from having tendrils or horror back to help the survivability.

Personally, I think a talent in tier 60 or 90 should be removed and replaced with psychic horror. Priests who want to sacrifice that extra boost to DPS for some survival tools should have that option. Remove Power Infusion or Void Lord for Psychic Horror.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-07-23 at 09:17 PM.

Warlocks.

All of them.

I'm constantly switching between my Windwalker and Warlock and here's my experience.... The WL feels indeed tanky but also has almost no gimmicks and takes a while to kill people. But it's fun to stand behind and Siphon everyone around you I don't feel it's impact as much as with my WW. It feels a lot more active with more gimmicks and I've actually a good chance against any melee. With the WL it possible to stay alive with drain quite long but you can't do much other stuff. WW feels more active and WL more passive. Both have good survivability and I enjoy PVP for the first time in my life

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post

That being said, healing is pretty fun now, especially as holy pally.
    I'm having trouble with my pally, I feel like I can't top my teammates because of my low heals. My druid and my Shaman heal like crazy.

I am happy to hear that, it was about time to happen. Pallys allways toped the recount over the other calsses.

Deleted
    MM hunter doesn't have low damage, I end up first in every BG. Spec sidewinders with barrage and you deal tons of AOE damage.

I got hit for 233k from Holy Wrath the other day. Couldn't understand how I went from half health to dead in an instant.

DPS druids and Aff locks seem to be topping the meters now. Disc priest's are invincible 1v1, their bubbles absorb pretty much everything.

Deleted
    Never played Druid and make a restoration one to main in Legion and the amount of tricks you can do with it it's pretty sick, I love it.