Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    They have the right to do that, and I have the right to not care. Because it's just freaking basketball, and there are about a million different things that are more entertaining to watch. It's funny though, that people get so butthurt over a state that simply doesn't want grown men in the same changing rooms as little girls.
    The irony of the whole thing is that Charlotte's city council resolution provided the impetus for HB2 in the first place. The NBA is a private organization and can do whatever they want, but taking this particular action in some sort of attempt at political posturing looks ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...721-story.html

Do you agree with this?
    Likely over 100 million dollars in lost revenue for Charlotte because of this law.
    No, it's stupid, but so paying hundreds of dollars to watch people dribble a ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    No, it's stupid, but so paying hundreds of dollars to watch people dribble a ball.
    No it's not. It's supply and demand. People are interested and impressed by the best athletes in the world.

No it's not. It's supply and demand. People are interested and impressed by the best athletes in the world.
    It is stupid, you are watching people play with a inflated rubber ball and I am suppose to be impressed?

What is stupid about it? The right has always said "don't like it go elsewhere"

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Remember a few years back when the SJWs went on a race flaming mouth foaming outrage over the Timberwolves not having enough Black people on the team?

They had 7 Black players on a roster of 15 and that wasn't good enough haha.

Hilarious to see a sports league that has less than 2% Latino and less than 1% Asian makeup accusing anybody of being intolerant.

I think the NBA should get with the times and adopt some affirmative action practices.

Oh and how come women cant be in the NBA?

How come they have to be segregated?

Pfff ...play the fkin game and leave the social bullshit out of it.
    The same can be said about republicans and their obstructionist and bigoted policies.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    The same can be said about republicans and their obstructionist and bigoted policies.
    Oh ok well then it must be ok then. Because we all know something doesn't stop being wrong when the side you favor is doing it, right?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    It is stupid, you are watching people play with a inflated rubber ball and I am suppose to be impressed?
    If you're not impressed by athleticism and skill then that's your loss.

People like different shit. Some people pay hundreds of dollars to watch people play basketball, some to watch people play instruments. Other people pay thousands of dollars for timepieces or ten thousand dollars for a nice drawing.

Why is any of these things stupid? If there's something I find stupid there, it's frowning on aesthetics.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why people take issue with this.
    If you support the NC Government on the LGBT law, then you are supporting their "right" to refuse "service" to people based on their own guideline... Which is exactly the same thing the NBA is doing.
    They are refusing "service" to NC based on their own guidelines... Which they ALSO have every right to do.

They (as a company) aren't demanding that NC change it's law, they are just saying that they disagree with the law and will not hold an event which financially supports the area in which the law exists. It's the same thing as refusing patronage to an establishment that bans/allows guns based on your personal preference. It is their choice to ban/allow guns, and your choice to support them financially or not.

Really? Olympic gymnasts are more athletic than LeBron James? Yeah right.
    parallel rings alone are far more rounded athlete, sure Lebron is big and fast and yes an amazing athlete but not even close.