Deleted
    3.5% will not be enough

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Y they need a buff. Let's do it more than 3% cause they gonna keep crying. I would say though that 5% seems unbalanced. Oh well lets put these two figures close 3.5%. Now that looks cool. Oke let's make this hotfix.
    It's not a hotfix. That is their plan for the opening of the new raid, wich is way more concerning.

This change gives us about 50k more DPS in t20 according to discord teorycrafters.
    I don't know about you guys, but i lost about 100k DPS with the patch.

So... this fixes nothing! We are 3.5% better (and 5% on set bonus), but we are still bottom of the pack. Arms warriors will still do 400k+ more damage than us. Locks will still do 300 to 400k more than us, marks will still do 300k more than us and the rest will still do 50 to 250k more than us.
    Wisdom? I don't think wisdom makes up for that much damage.
    The specs are brutally unbalanced and Blizz is joking with us taking these tiny steps that don't solve anything.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-06-17 at 02:23 AM.

Oh they're lucky they buffed ret because I was gonna let my sub run out if they didn't. 3.5% and the T20 2P buff might be okay considering they're nerfing some other specs. Probably be more changes yet, but they really had to buff ret. Single target was a pretty bad disparity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    This change gives us about 50k more DPS in t20 according to discord teorycrafters.
    Spot on. I was 100k DPS behind our 2 Frost DKs on Gul'Dan. Finished 12th, barely just above someone's alt Arms Warrior and a Prot Pally. I'm not hopeful for ToS, so I've started working on my DK. Sure we may get buffed but it's the principle of things. I'm sick of my spec being treated like shit by the devs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    It's not a hotfix. That is their plan for the opening of the new raid, wich is way more concerning.

So... this fixes nothing! We are 3.5% better (and 5% on set bonus), but we are still bottom of the pack. Arms warriors will still do 400k+ more damage than us. Locks will still do 300 to 400k more than us, marks will still do 300k more than us and the rest will still do 50 to 250k more than us.
    Wisdom? I don't think wisdom makes up for that much damage.
    The specs are brutally unbalanced and Blizz is joking with us taking these tiny steps that don't solve anything.
    Y blizz is joking with the spec. And my POV for a hybrid class like paladin would be for dps spec not to top meters but a decent 10-15% difference with the other pure classes but with utility to compensate. As it is atm retribution paladins are benchadins.

Deleted
    Y blizz is joking with the spec. And my POV for a hybrid class like paladin would be for dps spec not to top meters but a decent 10-15% difference with the other pure classes but with utility to compensate. As it is atm retribution paladins are benchadins.
    Blizzard tried having a hybrid tax on dps before didn't work well at all for hybrid classes so officially they have abandoned that way of design.

Unofficially I dunno at times it looks like they are trying to keep dps balanced between classes other times it looks like they are just doing the bare minimum if that to make it look like they are trying
    Last edited by mmocd5b6612a07; 2017-06-17 at 10:54 AM.

Deleted
    What would you expect when a dev appears in a q&a and says he plays the game and he progresses on guldan hc. Things may look pretty decent for these guyz

Deleted
    3.5% won't be enough, even with the tier buff. That being said, bear in mind that it was thrown out almost at the end of office hours on Friday. What really matters is what they do for when Mythic opens.

Ye wish they just replaced retribution dmg portion with something like movement speed and left it out there for RP reasons.

Deleted
    Alright so, I come for guidance.

I ran some sims, but I'm getting some weird results.

It's my understanding that I should aim for 20% haste and from there either versa/crit/mastery depending on the build and talents.
    However, my sims are returning haste as the third priority, and I'm far from the 21% breakpoint.

Is it due to the fact that I'm indeed far from it? Should I just shoot for it and then go for other secondaries.
    Simcraft almost never failed me, so I'm confused here.

Thanks for your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Meh, first week heroic data will still be pointless because of Retribution distorting everything
    Im getting a dejavu here... Retribution has got to go... Its been long enough, maybe lets make a petition?

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Im getting a dejavu here... Retribution has got to go... Its been long enough, maybe lets make a petition?
    While at it, let's make a petition for Holy Mild Annoyance to go. And for Slightly Greater Judgement, too. And consecration. And ES. And Judgement of Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Meh, first week heroic data will still be pointless because of Retribution distorting everything
    Congratulations on being an intelligent forward thinking Ret paladin, you sir see the big picture as grim as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    While at it, let's make a petition for Holy Mild Annoyance to go. And for Slightly Greater Judgement, too. And consecration. And ES. And Judgement of Light.
    Sad that they aknowledged how stupid Might was... But they wont take out another mistake like those spells...

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Had we Might at least we would be viable spammin it on warriors and locks.
    And i woke up sweaty from bad dreams

Deleted
    Had we Might at least we would be viable spammin it on warriors and locks.
    this makes me sick. May your soul be judged by the emperor and condemned to eternal suffering!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    this makes me sick. May your soul be judged by the emperor and condemned to eternal suffering!
    Lewl y, as i said bad dream , woke up, said my prayers went back to sleep again (on my beloved bench).

Deleted
    so who wan´t to bet on ret dps rank after the US guys had a go at HC ToS? and who wants to bet on how many retribution buffs the top ranking ret will have?

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    so who wan´t to bet on ret dps rank after the US guys had a go at HC ToS? and who wants to bet on how many retribution buffs the top ranking ret will have?
    Sigh.. I'm really hoping they don't take the retribution buff too literally. It's obvious they balance around it a bit, but as long as they're not balancing around half uptime of retribution or anything like that, it'll probably work out fine. I'd rather they just make it 10% and balance around that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Sigh.. I'm really hoping they don't take the retribution buff too literally. It's obvious they balance around it a bit, but as long as they're not balancing around half uptime of retribution or anything like that, it'll probably work out fine. I'd rather they just make it 10% and balance around that.
    it´s rather obvious that they do take it into account even if they stated the opposite. so what about betting?

I say 4th or 5th from bottom and at 3 ret buffs for top parse 2 during crusade