Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    If it was implied that " Turn it back in our direction, and you will be ended" , they would be.
    seems to be that kinda msg when they drone strike the terrorists leaders, but then they get a coupon for a couple more weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Your government has helped made that region a hellhole after a series of catastrophic foreign policies.
    Just mind your business really. You don't do peace. You guys can't do peace. WHat you do well is chaos and destabilisation. That you do well.
    So mind your business and go back destabilising south america like you used to. This is Europe's backyard and we are ALREADY paying the consequences of your government playing cowboys in our backgarden.
    Keep in mind that the foreign policy failures of the US are partially the responsibility of lobbying efforts of factions in Europe and parts of the Middle East, Israel and Saudi Arabia especially. If it were as easy as laying full blame on the US government, I'd be right there with you but there's other factors and factions involved who've tried to steer US interventionism for their own ends and they do deserve to be called out on it.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    "Stronk" implies its a joke, or a lie that can't be backed up. In the case of the US, it's neither of those things.
    No, stronk implies you claiming absurd things to give you a patriotic hard on. AND cover yourself in ridiculousness while doing so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    seems to be that kinda msg when they drone strike the terrorists leaders, but then they get a coupon for a couple more weapons.
    I do approve of drones, no question. It's kind of funny when I picture some little band of idiots in the middle of nowhere is psyching themselves up for war against the "Great Satan" and a robot with a bomb in its gut drops on their head.

Meanwhile, the guy piloting it ends his shift back at base in the US, goes home, has a beer, eats a bacon cheeseburger, sleeps with his wife, and goes to bed.

They never even realized they had no chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do approve of drones, no question. It's kind of funny when I picture some little band of idiots in the middle of nowhere is psyching themselves up for war against the "Great Satan" and a robot with a bomb in its gut drops on their head.

Meanwhile, the guy piloting it ends his shift back at base in the US, goes home, has a beer, eats a bacon cheeseburger, sleeps with his wife, and goes to bed.

They never even realized they had no chance.
    Meanwhile the terrorists continue on.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    No actually. They use desperation. Like all major criminal gangs, the successful ones, they provide jobs and services in places where the state fails to deliver jobs and services.
    The latest reports point at economic factors being the main source of recruitment for Isis.

Mind posting it then? I call utter bullshit on this. Why are people so afraid to admit that a religion is the main driving force? Is it some sort of agenda or something? Extremists using the text or not, its still that. Stop trying to kid yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Keep in mind that the foreign policy failures of the US are partially the responsibility of lobbying efforts of factions in Europe and parts of the Middle East, Israel and Saudi Arabia especially. If it were as easy as laying full blame on the US government, I'd be right there with you but there's other factors and factions involved who've tried to steer US interventionism for their own ends and they do deserve to be called out on it.
    you're absolutely right.
    Which is why I said "helped".

i bet you're a real expert.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't 'end' terrorism. There will always be people crazy enough to drive a truck through a group of people. Its impossible to predict and pretty impossible to prevent too.

Deleted
    a good start would b t do what china and japan have done and that is ban he practice of islam, the reasons they did it was to protect there culture, but it will never be banned in the west cos we will get a bunch of hastags saying islam matters and crap, social media is whats fuelling terrorism, just look at all the hate on twitter, islam has no place in western society as all it does is destroy cultures and you can see that happening almost every week in european citys

7+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile the terrorists continue on.
    It should definitely be stepped up. Like 5-10 times the frequency that Obama has ordered. As I've implied, you have to be a way bigger S.O.B. than the other guy to get him to the point that he bends the knee and kisses the ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should definitely be stepped up. Like 5-10 times the frequency that Obama has ordered. As I've implied, you have to be a way bigger S.O.B. than the other guy to get him to the point that he bends the knee and kisses the ring.
    explains all the collateral damage already done that seems to not have done anything. You really need to stop the theatrics, its very very very cringe.

7+ Year Old Account
    explains all the collateral damage already done that seems to not have done anything. You really need to stop the theatrics, its very very very cringe.
    what do you mean by theatrics? thats the second time you've said that. do you mean to imply that I'm not genuine in my opinions?

10+ Year Old Account
    what do you mean by theatrics? thats the second time you've said that. do you mean to imply that I'm not genuine in my opinions?
    Very much so and the wording just feels soooo cringe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Very much so and the wording just feels soooo cringe.
    Well, ok I guess. I mean, if you don't believe that I actually mean what I say, I guess this convo is over.

EDIT: I don't watch GoT, Genn. Hated the first book years ago when I read it, way before the show. I've never watched the show. If that's a phrase they use on there, I was unaware.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2016-08-16 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, ok I guess. I mean, if you don't believe that I actually mean what I say, I guess this convo is over.
    glad it is. Please, try to stay grounded in reality... its bad enough I know people who quote game of thrones regarding anything political, dont need similar levels of cringe here.

That's a good blueprint to eliminate terrorism originating in other countries, targeting the US (or wherever else you're talking about). Another solution is required to eliminate homegrown terrorism.

The most common factor amongst homegrown terrorists is a failure to 'fit in', and a lack of a positive outlet to remedy that. Basically, somebody winds up isolated/marginalized, and that leaves them very susceptible to suggestion from any group saying "Come on in, join us, you'll be one of us," whether that's gangs, terrorist groups, or on the opposite end of the spectrum, social clubs, volunteer organizations, sports teams, professions with some type of close-knit social dynamic. Humans are social animals, and 'belonging' spells safety. Whenever that sensation gets threatened, some people are very open to suggestion.

What works best is for there to be a more accessible path to positive 'belonging' for demographics susceptible to terrorism. With the relative rise of ethno-religious-nationalism in Europe, it's not surprising that assimilation is easier in the United States for Muslims, and rates of extremism are significantly lower. There's a more readily visible path to just being a regular member of society for Muslim Americans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Mind posting it then? I call utter bullshit on this. Why are people so afraid to admit that a religion is the main driving force? Is it some sort of agenda or something? Extremists using the text or not, its still that. Stop trying to kid yourself.
    There are a number of them.
    The dire economic situation, the closure of businesses, and the lack of employment are pushing some people to join ISIS out of desperation, local people report. “Many young people are joining ISIS because this is the only way to get an income,” says Abu Mutassem, who is from the town of Al Raie near the Turkish border. Activists say ISIS’s economic persecution is a deliberate tactic to force people to capitulate and support the extremists.
    http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...-syria/403426/

Wael Ouni, 19, sympathizes with the protesters. “It’s been five years and the revolution hasn’t changed anything — it’s the opposite, it has made things worse,” he said. “Now young people are ISIS’ targets to be recruited and to be given money.”

Tunisia has the highest number, per capita, of foreign fighters joining ISIS in Iraq and Syria. The group has also made significant gains in Libya
    http://www.ibtimes.com/isis-extremis...unisia-2282752

People join extremists organisations for quite a number of reasons. Some - especially those locally recruited - mostly join for economic benefits. -In fact, the research we conducted in Somalia showed that 27% of respondents joined al Shabab for economic reasons. 15% mentioned religious reasons - and 13% were forced to join. We found that there is no easy answer to why people join terrorist organisations. It's a complex picture, we have to take into account processes linked to political and social exclusion dynamics, poor governance structures as well as religious and ethnic discrimination.
    http://eip.org/en/news-events/why-do...-organisations

That is for local fighters mind you. It's a different thing when you consider Western born isis recruits:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-ga...b_9782022.html

So yeah. You're wrong and you know why?
    People dont EAT religion. Religion is cool and all if youre given the bare minimum to survive. What really drives people is hunger, desperation, hopelessness.
    That is common with all MAJOR criminal organisation, Camorra, 'Ndrangheta, Mexican cartels.

Munich massacre, 17 Israelis killed at the Munich Olympics in Germany, 1972.

This was way before the US got involved in the ME.

There are many more terror incidents during the 1970s.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Munich massacre, 17 Israelis killed at the Munich Olympics in Germany, 1972.

This was way before the US got involved in the ME.

There are many more terror incidents during the 1970s.
    1972 is before 1953 now? Weird.

- - - Updated - - -

That post needs to be put in a signature though.