Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Globalism the new Alex Jones code-word-of-the-week? I think their tiny Trump-like hands, just got tired of typing out Cultural Marxism all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are always talking about world government. No. Like the op said, political globalism is unfeasible at this time. It's economic globalism that is the problem. Because economic globalism will lead, is already leading, to a global oligarchy. If you want to imagine the future it's not a world government, it's a world bank, a one world currency. Rothschilds, Soros, Murdoch, Rockefellers, Morgans these are your leaders now.

Donald Trump and the Brexit are an attempt to rebel from these globalists.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    We? Yes some people benefited, Others were ruined, but we deemed their ruin to be less important than cheaper iPhones.

- - - Updated - - -

Globalism also has the serious problem of resting on the core assumptions that Liberal Free Market Capitalism is the Last and Final order of things, the perfect culmination of all things and thus should be pushed upon the whole world by hook or crook. Especially when we can't realistically debate these tenants in an open way or in a way that has consequences.

Globalism is a road to the grave IMHO.
    Globalism and capitalism are not mutual to each other, despite what some may think. Wealth can still be regulated, and if taxation laws can reach beyond our country then corporates would not be able to evade taxes as easily. In case I haven't mentioned it before, globalism is such a broad term, with many interpreted definitions, that you can find many good and bad out of the concept.

Ultimately, we have been a trading and consuming country for a long time and isolating ourselves will only do us harm.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemak View Post
    People are always talking about world government. No. Like the op said, political globalism is unfeasible at this time. It's economic globalism that is the problem. Because economic globalism will lead, is already leading, to a global oligarchy. If you want to imagine the future it's not a world government, it's a world bank, a one world currency. Rothschilds, Soros, Murdoch, Rockefellers, Morgans these are your leaders now.

Donald Trump and the Brexit are an attempt to rebel from these globalists.
    In effect I'd argue we already have a world government to some extent or we will via these so-called trade agreements. The ISDS' system is already shaping up to be a world court that can dictate law to sovereign nations and solely in the interests of moneyed elite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    I didn't say that taxes shouldn't be higher for the wealthy. I was just pointing out that comparing today to the 50's, 60's, and 70's when taxes were higher is a false equivalency as it was also before mass immigration and globalization.

Part of the reason for taxes being lower today is because of the competition that globalization causes in a race to the bottom.
    taxes are only so low because the greedy have the means and opportunity to buy the legislation, the whole "death" tax is a great example of people getting persuaded even when its against their own interests by propaganda and rhetoric.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Globalism and capitalism are not mutual to each other, despite what some may think. Wealth can still be regulated, and if taxation laws can reach beyond our country then corporates would not be able to evade taxes as easily. In case I haven't mentioned it before, globalism is such a broad term, with many interpreted definitions, that you can find many good and bad out of the concept.

Ultimately, we have been a trading and consuming country for a long time and isolating ourselves will only do us harm.
    They absolutely are essential to one another, globalism as is now requires capitalism to even have the pretense of purpose. And wealth WILL NOT be regulated because the wealthy would not allow such a thing to happen.

See the problem is you mask the real problems behind talk of Tariffs, which nobody is really discussing and for which trade happened long before NAFTA or anything like it. The issue is the ills inflicted by these many policies and the various evils these trade deals bring, such as the growing spectre of ISDS' court rulings overrunning democratic will, calcification of global elites via their ability to rule shop, and the fact that it will not be a wonderland for most, but it will make SOME peoples lives very delicious at the expense of many others.

If you want to make the world a better place, why not sacrifice yourself first?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    In effect I'd argue we already have a world government to some extent or we will via these so-called trade agreements. The ISDS' system is already shaping up to be a world court that can dictate law to sovereign nations and solely in the interests of moneyed elite.
    Exactly, and if the TPP gets major acceptance worldwide, we'll be even that much closer. And when Juncker starts talking about an EU army, and certain EU countries aren't allowed to control their economies or borders, this shit get really scary.

And then there's the Mexican president saying he would like to have a North American equivalent to the EU. I bet he would, but something tells me he ain't gonna get that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I dont see it happening despite claims. Even with shades of it existing already. I don't think the world is remotely close to what that would require.
    It isn't. Part national pride, and part community safety. The whole Brexit thing was because immigrants were increasing crime rates and lower the availability of jobs, and in that regard the UKer's are totally within their right to protect their interests. And they certainly aren't the only ones who aren't in love with immigrants.

It'll happen. Maybe not within 30 or 70 years, but it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    You didn't even address his point on immigration and it's effects on an economy. The methods that worked during the mid 1900s won't happen the same way again, especially given the enormous rise in immigrants over the past 8 years.
    Assuming there's an economy in the near future. With optimization and automation, how many people can the world employ? Probably less than it can feed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemak View Post
    Exactly, and if the TPP gets major acceptance worldwide, we'll be even that much closer. And when Juncker starts talking about an EU army, and certain EU countries aren't allowed to control their economies or borders, this shit get really scary.

And then there's the Mexican president saying he would like to have a North American equivalent to the EU. I bet he would, but something tells me he ain't gonna get that.
    In the end, people might say "Oh well, its for the greater good, these sacrifices are necessary now but later it will make a better world!" and all I can say is, "Why aren't you the first to jump into the Moloch then?"

It's very easy to wipe out peoples livelihood, displace peoples across the globe, trash the ecosystem globally, and all the other ills, when its not you personally that will endure its negatives. If you want to make a sacrifice for your utopia, sacrifice yourself first.

In the end, people might say "Oh well, its for the greater good, these sacrifices are necessary now but later it will make a better world!" and all I can say is, "Why aren't you the first to jump into the Moloch then?"

It's very easy to wipe out peoples livelihood, displace peoples across the globe, trash the ecosystem globally, and all the other ills, when its not you personally that will endure its negatives. If you want to make a sacrifice for your utopia, sacrifice yourself first.
    What does this have to do with ecology and the environment?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    What does this have to do with ecology and the environment?
    Globalism has come hand and hand with Neo-Liberalism I.E. Capitalism and the desire for resources and markets. A consequence of such has been vast amounts of pollution, garbage and resource depletion.

But hey, you got an inexpensive smart phone so, s'all good.

Here's an article that actually agrees with you but still proving my point. http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikecoll.../#24c401af2170

The important part being the last part:
    Globalization is like being overwhelmed by a snow avalanche. You can’t stop it – you can only swim in the snow and hope to stay on top. I would like to make the argument that the US should try a lot harder to swim in the snow and stay on top. We can’t stop globalization but there are many policies and strategies we can use to make it more equitable. We can enforce the trade laws, force the competition to play by the same rules, and stop giving our competitors the tools (technology and R& D) to ultimately win the global war.
    As I mentioned early on, adapt.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here's an article that actually agrees with you but still proving my point. http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikecoll.../#24c401af2170

The important part being the last part:

As I mentioned early on, adapt.
    Except you talk of it as if its some Hand of God event, when its the result of calculated policy moves by lawmakers, bankers and the elite running this shit show. The issue is you present the actions of actors as if they were the actions of Gods, inescapable and you just gotta "Roll with the punches," MY ASS, this is a man made disaster, inflicted upon many to enrich a few.

7+ Year Old Account
    When did Globalism equal immigration/migration?
    That is a random question you just asked. Globalism has never exactly equaled migration, but it is one of the main parts.

Globalism has come hand and hand with Neo-Liberalism I.E. Capitalism and the desire for resources and markets. A consequence of such has been vast amounts of pollution, garbage and resource depletion.

But hey, you got an inexpensive smart phone so, s'all good.
    Globalization has actually allowed more land to be allocated to nature.

With a lot of people abandoning farmland in the US and Europe, a lot of that land to be taken back by Mother Nature.

Rewilding Europe is an organization that lives off the purchase and rewilding of abandoned farmland in Spain and other European countries.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2016-07-24 at 05:12 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

With a lot of people abandoning farmland in the US and Europe, a lot of that land to be taken back by Mother Nature.

Rewilding Europe is an organization that lives off the purchase and rewilding of abandoned farmland in Spain and other European countries.
    ...... In exchange land in the rain forest of Brazil has declined consistently. But don't worry, Brazil is not part of Earth so it doesn't count right?

Except you talk of it as if its some Hand of God event, when its the result of calculated policy moves by lawmakers, bankers and the elite running this shit show. The issue is you present the actions of actors as if they were the actions of Gods, inescapable and you just gotta "Roll with the punches," MY ASS, this is a man made disaster, inflicted upon many to enrich a few.
    Well, I don't believe in a god and I never claimed it is all roses and sunshine. I simply look at the progressive history since Renaissance Europe started to colonize other countries. With the exception of the two World Wars, developed countries have been doing nothing but globalize. We as consumers also play a part in it as well, not just industry leaders and elites.

I despise banks and corporates cheating out of their share of monetary contribution as much as the next guy. You think they could get away as easily if more countries came to a common agreement on labor and tax laws? I doubt it. If the U.S. ever moves to more isolation, large businesses will simply bounce out.

...... In exchange land in the rain forest of Brazil has declined consistently. But don't worry, Brazil is not part of Earth so it doesn't count right?
    So we can't handle the deforestation of the Amazon in the globalized world?

And what's with the snarky attitude, I'm a dude you're having a conversation with on a forum, I'm not some prick that hit your cat with my car. Calm the fuck down dude and dicuss things with people without restoring to unfunny sarcasm.

This is something I need a source on before I believe it. I promote nature conservation but I am realistic enough to know it will simply be a means to and end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I don't believe in a god and I never claimed it is all roses and sunshine. I simply look at the progressive history since Renaissance Europe started to colonize other countries. With the exception of the two World Wars, developed countries have been doing nothing but globalize. We as consumers also play a part in it as well, not just industry leaders and elites.

I despise banks and corporates cheating out of their share of monetary contribution as much as the next guy. You think they could get away as easily if more countries came to a common agreement on labor and tax laws? I doubt it. If the U.S. ever moves to more isolation, large businesses will simply bounce out.
    You and others for Globalism do act as if its the work of God, similarly to the zeal for the idea of a "Free Market."

AH "Progressive History," That history, that Renaissance that introduced Europe to Witch burnings, decades long wars of religion, among many other wonders the continent largely didn't have? That colonialism that made slaves of millions, murdered and butchered legions, stole their resources, their birth right and raped many MANY millions, or the colonies whose pestilence wiped out whole nations and left two continents nearly empty of people. Ah, Yes, the rich Harvest of Progress...... just so long as its not you who suffers.

The issue is that such countries will never do so. For the same reason most countries are being forced or willingly embracing the Neo-Liberal religion, Globalism isn't about that goody rainbow shit they sell you and never has been.

In the end, your celebration of modernity actually has been, in real body counts, a continual and extravagant increase in violence that has been outstripped by an even more exorbitant demographic explosion. You blind yourself in the self serving and masturbatory fantasy of progress and ignore the corpses you sleep upon. Well, not to put too fine a point on it: So what? What on earth can he truly imagine that tells us about "progress" or "Enlightenment" or about the past, the present, or the future? By all means, praise the modern world for what is good about it, but spare us the mythology.

- - - Updated - - -

So we can't handle the deforestation of the Amazon in the globalized world?

And what's with the snarky attitude, I'm a dude you're having a conversation with on a forum, I'm not some prick that hit your cat with my car. Calm the fuck down dude and dicuss things with people without restoring to unfunny sarcasm.
    We won't handle it because the people running it want it to happen.

We already are Globalized to the way the people who favor globalization want. You see bugs, I see features, this is how its meant to work.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2016-07-24 at 05:31 AM.