Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Uplifts and GoT direwolves for me please!
    Oh of course!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Yeah, Elvenization, and optional things like "telepathy" using brain implants, and control of the ships, etc, all with a thought. Adding in nanobots that construct anything you want, including deconstructing your ship once you land on a planet to create a small enclosed town/hermitage. Imagine having a 360 view of mars while living comfortably inside an enclosure that caters to your every whim.

To most people it would seem like magic... but it's all really just advanced technology.
    In many aspects, we may end up being similar to the Titans in Warcraft. Engineering species and seeding them on other worlds or across the galaxy to colonize.

It may be a bit of a frightening thought if corporations or even private companies can create and own entire species.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    In many aspects, we may end up being similar to the Titans in Warcraft. Engineering species and seeding them on other worlds or across the galaxy to colonize.

It may be a bit of a frightening thought if corporations or even private companies can create and own entire species.
    Yea...

What are the legal rights of... Godhood?

If you create a species and seed a world, do you 'own' that species? Surely not if they are intelligent? In which case, where do you draw the line?

Can you copyright their DNA? Are they infracting your copyright whenever they reproduce?

Consider that when our ability to seed worlds exists, we'll be technologically immortal - so conceivably a human who creates an intelligent species may be alive many generations later when they have civilizations - and is therefore able to demand income from their creations/property?

Most likely this simply returns the topic to our flawed intellectual property laws, which won't survive that long anyways - still food for thought though
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    @Yvaelle, you know me well, but Aesthetically, go Dark Eldar or go home. :3

In the game I also liked the Exodites, when I last played I had an exodite army and it was fun to play. Well once I got past being "The girl in the room." I also loved my general Eldar and Dark Eldar armies. I miss playing that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Yea...

What are the legal rights of... Godhood?

If you create a species and seed a world, do you 'own' that species? Surely not if they are intelligent? In which case, where do you draw the line?

Can you copyright their DNA? Are they infracting your copyright whenever they reproduce?

Consider that when our ability to seed worlds exists, we'll be technologically immortal - so conceivably a human who creates an intelligent species may be alive many generations later when they have civilizations - and is therefore able to demand income from their creations/property?

Most likely this simply returns the topic to our flawed intellectual property laws, which won't survive that long anyways - still food for thought though
    We could enforce some sort of regulation on the creation of sapient species. Although what and how (or who would do this? The UN?) this would be done is something that definitely should be up for debate.