Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    For what you're paying I'd go with a X99 and 6800K instead. The speakers are also not really that good and I have my doubts about the monitor, but since you most likely chose it for the 165Hz refresh rate I can see where it came from.
    I wasn't even sure I really needed the 6700k compared to the 6600k but at that price I figured: why not. But the 6800k seems a bit too much for video games, doesnt it ?

Regarding the razer soundbar, I wanted to give it a try. I do not want to be bothered by a real 5.1 but if i find it too bad i'll resell it and get a proper 2.1 in the future, that is not a big deal

For the monitor, I've read great things about it and a colleague also praised it (he bought it recently). I chose it because I wanted a good 27" gamer screen that is also nice to watch movies with a good viewing angle...and also because it was > 60hz and I wanted to try that for once It seems like a solid choice but we'll see in a couple of days when I'll recieve it.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly you had NO usable parts from your current PC aside from mouse/keyboard?
    I had a decent rig despite beeing bought like 5-6 years ago and could have probably salvaged it a bit. A 680 (was a 590 but it died and was repalced by nvidia), an i7 2600k (still a beast today it seems). I chose to buy a new one without "recyling" and resell my old one because I fell that all component could use a decent upgrade by purchasing something new (ram, cooler, graphic card, cpu, moba... everything ^^). I should probably get an easy 400/450 euros back by selling my old one.

Your biggest mistake IMO is your hard drives. For PC of this budget which you yourself said will be for gaming, getting a 500gb Sata based ssd as your only fast hard drive is stupid.

1tb Sata based ssd are cheap, get one of them instead at the very least. I personally also got a 256gb samsung 950 pro as my OS drive in addition to the 850pro.

Skip getting the mechanical HDD completely! (Unless you really think you'll fill up a 1gb ssd drive easily).

I personally wouldve also got 32gb RAM, because its so dirt cheap these days, even though you dont exactly need it ,
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2016-07-25 at 04:32 AM.