Thread: Pre-patch Xhul

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pre-patch Xhul

Hey ppl,

How do you guys handle Xhul after the pre-patch?
    From what I've heard he is one of the bosses that is supposedly one of the easiest after patch, but quite a lot of the cheesing mechanics are gone (such as grounding totem, evanesce,grips).
    Imps seem to die incredibly fast now, so not having the grips isn't the end of the world, and there are still quite a few Cheat Death like effects for black holes.

However,
    How do you handle the chains?
    How do you handle the void surges? (just move the boss earlier have someone clear it? etc)

We just kill it fast enough so we don't get any chains. Void surges can just be placed on the opposite side of fel surges and they'll never really creep, since again you're killing it so fast. Black holes only hit for 900k so you can use 2 or 3 ppl to soak them. You're only getting one or two anyway.

Deleted
    Burn, zerg early. I actually had the intention to introduce it to my guild before the prepatch but we never had the chance. The earlier progressed guilds were already doing it that way because there is less danger now on the last phase after players overpower the encounter and the only mess that remains with the fight is the mid phases.

Do you hero/lust on pull? And whats your average dps of your raiders? (Do you have any logs?)

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    Do you hero/lust on pull? And whats your average dps of your raiders? (Do you have any logs?)
    Here's my guilds logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...HQ9bR#fight=48

I wasn't in for the kill so i can only assume they did bloodlust when the Adds were dead? (should note that 2 alts and a few trials are in so it would probably be quicker with full mains at 740)

10+ Year Old Account
    We also just killed it before we got empowered chains. We got 1 empowered black hole right as it was dying that someone just jumped in to die but that was it. We also had a few alts and undergeared characters in, and used hero on the pull: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=summary

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    We also just killed it before we got empowered chains. We got 1 empowered black hole right as it was dying that someone just jumped in to die but that was it. We also had a few alts and undergeared characters in, and used hero on the pull: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=summary
    No Demo locks... you're an absolute madman!

OT: Lust on pull. You can use Mages to clear the black holes with Cauterize and Blink. They're more free to move around since they no longer have to sit in the back and bait chains.

Great thanks a lot!
    It seems that you hero as soon as Omnus is under the boss (just stating this if anyone else would ever be interested in this thread).

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo locks? What's this "warlock" thing you refer to :/

We hero right on the pull, but we do delay ring ~5 seconds to make sure it doesn't hit imps.

There's no difference to pre and post patch. Can immune the chains with Iceblock just like you could before, so with coldsnap each mage can iceblock two chains. If a mage gets 3x chains in a row, yea, I guess you're fucked, but boss should be long dead by then if nothing else went wrong.

This week's farm kill took 1:39 with an average ilvl of 740. Comp wasn't overly stacked (2 unholy dks, 2 fire mages, and only one warlock) so probably could be done much faster with a more op comp. We one healed it with a druid and basically just let the mages cauterize the black holes, ignored chains and did everything else pretty much the same as always. Only got 2 black holes and the second came when he was almost dead so probably could be done with only one.

Hey ppl,

How do you guys handle Xhul after the pre-patch?
    From what I've heard he is one of the bosses that is supposedly one of the easiest after patch, but quite a lot of the cheesing mechanics are gone (such as grounding totem, evanesce,grips).
    Imps seem to die incredibly fast now, so not having the grips isn't the end of the world, and there are still quite a few Cheat Death like effects for black holes.

However,
    How do you handle the chains?

How do you handle the void surges? (just move the boss earlier have someone clear it? etc)
    I cry because I can't ground it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...Km3bp#fight=21

This was my guild's first kill last night (was progress) and we used Bloodlust and Ring on pull. We just had enough time to use a second ring in the end with potions.

We just lust and burned on pull and tried to ignore as many mechanics as possible. Other than kiting void fiends as usual our strat with chains basically was "uh, if you get them hope you don't die."
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

We only did it this week. Lust + ring on pull was dead under a minute. assuming groups with lower dps will have to deal with a chain (prolly can just stand still and burn)

we now BL and zerg him (adds still priority). basically ring exploded first add is dead. we get to 20%, no adds left > stack around boss > dont break anything.

dont think we saw any chain.

Zerg pop everything on pull, use a personal for empowered chains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    Zerg pop everything on pull, use a personal for empowered chains.
    If you even get chains when we did it wendesday not sure we even got voidsurges due how fast boss was melting we ditn see any chains and only 1normal blackhole and zero empowered stuff.
    Last edited by mmocc56b999c4f; 2016-07-29 at 03:02 PM.

Hero and ring on pull, run no more than 2 healers. The adds have very very low health which will die to the cleave. Make sure a bait group of 3 players are always outside of the cluster for chains.