Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Roleplaying as a VERY young Kaldorie.

Like a 13 years old child.

How much acceptable do you think that is? Is it that hard to be convincing? Hard to accept, even? Please share your opinions with me.

No, this isn't some loli crap. The character in question is male.

Deleted
    So it's shota crap. I see.

But seriously, I think it would be fine. You just couldn't do anything fighting-related. Especially not anything magic-related. And other Night Elves would treat you like humans treat a 5-year old.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a problem with it, if you're coming from the understanding of how the race views age. I wonder how they would view youth now since losing their immortality?

I did a post on this a while back.

The thing is, since you're a young night elf, you're personality doesn't neccessarily have to reflect the common tropes of kaldorei. You can be arrogant, ignorant and xenophobic or you can be more liberal, more respecting and less hateful towards the Horde.

Deleted
    I mean, one of the things I know about the elf is him being an orphan that lives in the forests being a melee hunter in a nutshell.

He has really no reason to hate the Horde for example as Atethecat mentioned. Also, his mother is one of my other, very established characters, whom a big part of her personality was finding this son she has been looking for ever since he was taken away from her since birth (there is a very huge background story). I think it's about time she finds him and move on; arc has been going in this direction since I made that mother in Cataclysm and her becoming one of my most RP'd characters ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    And other Night Elves would treat you like humans treat a 5-year old.
    No, they'd treat you like a 13-year-old. 5 is 5, 13 is 13, even for someone that lives for thousands of years. They wouldn't treat someone old enough to have gone through whatever basic schooling they're given as they would treat someone that can still barely form sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    No, they'd treat you like a 13-year-old. 5 is 5, 13 is 13, even for someone that lives for thousands of years. They wouldn't treat someone old enough to have gone through whatever basic schooling they're given as they would treat someone that can still barely form sentences.
    I'm not sure if this applies to wow elves or draenei butin some settings longed lived races develop and mature more slowly even at young ages.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    It also largely depends on what class you're pursuing and your background. I would imagine if you were under apprenticeship (i.e. Tailor's apprentice) you might garner a bit more respect than say some random kid. If you're training as a druid or a priest/priestess (or any high or honored position), then you could possibly get even more respect.

that's some creepy shit, man. real creepy shit.

we don't even know how long it takes night elves to grow and mature though. for all we know, those babies we see bundled up could be 13 years old or more.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's some creepy shit, man. real creepy shit.

we don't even know how long it takes night elves to grow and mature though. for all we know, those babies we see bundled up could be 13 years old or more.
    I think the general rule most roleplayers follow is that elves generally age at the same rate as humans until they seemingly peak at around the age of a young adult and their aging process slows way the fuck down.

I actually roleplay a young kaldorei druid, he's around the human-equivalent of 16-17 and a tauren that's around 14 (which is the age tauren reach adulthood according to the RPG Guides which most people seem to agree on and use).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I did a post on this a while back.

The thing is, since you're a young night elf, you're personality doesn't neccessarily have to reflect the common tropes of kaldorei. You can be arrogant, ignorant and xenophobic or you can be more liberal, more respecting and less hateful towards the Horde.
    Hard to imagine, considering recent aggression.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I think the general rule most roleplayers follow is that elves generally age at the same rate as humans until they seemingly peak at around the age of a young adult and their aging process slows way the fuck down.

I actually roleplay a young kaldorei druid, he's around the human-equivalent of 16-17 and a tauren that's around 14 (which is the age tauren reach adulthood according to the RPG Guides which most people seem to agree on and use).
    well, i'd go by the information i'm given in game, rather than just winging it.

blood elves mature at age 18, like humans. draenei, anywhere from 18 to 35, as evidenced by caregiver isel in outland being a child on AU draenor. dwarves seem to be somewhat the same, gnomes idk, tauren idk, orcs are adults at 13, and trolls i heard are adults around 17? not sure on that.

as far as i know, there's no confirmation on night elf aging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, i'd go by the information i'm given in game, rather than just winging it.

blood elves mature at age 18, like humans. draenei, anywhere from 18 to 35, as evidenced by caregiver isel in outland being a child on AU draenor. dwarves seem to be somewhat the same, gnomes idk, tauren idk, orcs are adults at 13, and trolls i heard are adults around 17? not sure on that.

as far as i know, there's no confirmation on night elf aging.
    I don't think they would be any difference. I view my 13 years old as a teenager.

There was this idiotic notion that spread on my server for a while in one of the Kaldorei guild that a teenager should be around 120 years old. Just because they live longer doesn't automatically means you grow up slowly by the same percentage.

I mean according to them, by the same logic the same elf is a baby until reaching 50 years old; still breast feeding and all. How is THAT for messed up?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    I don't think they would be any difference. I view my 13 years old as a teenager.

There was this idiotic notion that spread on my server for a while in one of the Kaldorei guild that a teenager should be around 120 years old. Just because they live longer doesn't automatically means you grow up slowly by the same percentage.

I mean according to them, by the same logic the same elf is a baby until reaching 50 years old; still breast feeding and all. How is THAT for messed up?
    One more thing to bring up.

Depending on how well traveled your character is, he may be more used to kaldorei culture than the culture of other races. Your elf may be more used to being nocturnal, he may prefer kimchi, rice and spider-kabobs over the food of humans and dwarves. Basic things associated with other races such as large-scaled farming, to the more complex such as a lot of dwarvish and gnomish technology may be entirely alien to him. He may even be fearful or curious about races, technology, animals and customs not found in Teldrassil and Northern Kalimdor.

In a race as long-lived as the Kaldorei, children must be quite rare & precious.

So maybe your character could act quite spoiled / similar? Or very used to dealing with adults (can't be many other children to interact with compared to human societies)

Myazaki,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myazaki View Post
    In a race as long-lived as the Kaldorei, children must be quite rare & precious.

So maybe your character could act quite spoiled / similar? Or very used to dealing with adults (can't be many other children to interact with compared to human societies)

Myazaki,
    I think his back story makes him far from spoiled. More like under forced stay for most of the time, and hidden away in a Twilight's Hammer base. Not to go into much details, since it won't give the story line right, the character in question is supposed to be the son of my female night elf rogue, who I RP as since Cata as the mother who is in constant search of her son. Her motives, and this aspect in particular, was hidden from all my friends, who all knows her as a good comrade and a sister in arms. Recently, the revelation regarding this son was made in a huge shocker event and as a result that lead into a very long D&D adventure based arc that got wrapped up very recently. Now, I want to introduce the son into the picture (making a lv10 night elf for it, who I will RP as from my other account.)

In essence, the existence of this character in question has been a part of my character's background for years, but only came to light recently (both IC and OOC) and my friends were real shocked that we made a very fun arc out of it.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-08-16 at 09:00 AM.

Deleted
    Elves mature at the same rate as most other races. The difference is that experience makes a person. So a 13 year old would be treated like a child slowly taking on the struggles of adulthood. Have fun with puberty...

Deleted
    Possible but probably very very boring.

Deleted
    omg same :OO :OO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Possible but probably very very boring.

He is actually just going to serve as a side character ; a long lost son of one of my other chara as mentioned above.