Deleted

Upgrading the PC

Hello everyone, Athura/roschar here.

A long time ago me and a friend tried building a pc for me.
    I found the exact shopping list below [in dutch]. We mostly used the site azerty.nl since their main office is a 20 minute drive from my house.
    Now I don't have much knowledge of pc parts/power. I try to read up but the numbers mean little to me. [Though some sites deliver nice graphs ]

My current build is this
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming - Moederbord - ATX - LGA1150 Socket - Z87 - USB 3.01
    Powersupply: Sea Sonic M12II-620Bronze - Voeding ( intern ) - ATX12V - 80 PLUS Bron1
    Harddisk: Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 - Vaste schijf - 2 TB - intern - 3.5" - 1
    Graphic card: ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC - Grafische kaart - GeForce GTX 781
    SSD: Samsung 840 EVO Basic - Solid state drive - 250 GB - intern - 2.5'' -
    RAM: GeIL DDR3 EVO CORSA Series Dual Channel Kit - Geheugen - 8 GB : 2 x 4 1
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 - Koeler voor processor - ( Socket 775, Socket 1156, Soc2
    CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K / 3.5 GHz - 8 MB cache - LGA1150 Socket - doos1
    Casing: Fractal Design Define R4 - Towermodel - ATX - Titaniumg1

Personally I'm looking to upgrade something for my pc. I have around 600 euro
    I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction on what to upgrade or should I avoid upgrading for now? And save for a bigger upgrade or something new comes out?

Trying to get the highest graphics possible for games like witcher 3 [recently bought it, what an awesome game] and I would love to play it on highest setting.

Thank you for your trouble

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What resoultion you play at?
    I don't see anything to improve there but get new 1080 seeing you have the budget for it and just if you want to upgrade something so hard

Deleted
    A 1080 starts at 700 euro in NL...

Depending on resolution, I would probably look at a 1070.

Agreed, a 1070 would be a good upgrade.
    Mindfactory.de have them nicely priced atm, about 460 euro for Gigabyte gtx 1070 G1 if I recall.

You have a 4770k and a gtx 780 PC parts are the last thing you should be considering spending money on, sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    You have a 4770k and a gtx 780 PC parts are the last thing you should be considering spending money on, sheesh.
    A 1070 would be a nice upgrade for him, the 780 is showing it's age now. Cpu definitely doesn't need an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    A 1070 would be a nice upgrade for him, the 780 is showing it's age now. Cpu definitely doesn't need an upgrade.
    Of course its an upgrade....but its also 450 dollars. Not trying to tell the dude how to spend his money but a 780 is still easily capable of any game out there, 3 years ago it was the flagship 500 dollar GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Of course its an upgrade....but its also 450 dollars. Not trying to tell the dude how to spend his money but a 780 is still easily capable of any game out there, 3 years ago it was the flagship 500 dollar GPU.
    I mean a 1070 is still a good investment, personally I would just save up for a 1080 and be golden for a long while, but his GPU needs are quite hefty being that he wants to... "Trying to get the highest graphics possible for games like witcher 3 [recently bought it, what an awesome game] and I would love to play it on highest setting." If he has the money to spend and that's what he wants to do with his money it's his choice. There's nothing WRONG with buying a new GPU. I believe the 780 benchmarks just below the 970 so it's a pretty okay upgrade path.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    I mean a 1070 is still a good investment, personally I would just save up for a 1080 and be golden for a long while, but his GPU needs are quite hefty being that he wants to... "Trying to get the highest graphics possible for games like witcher 3 [recently bought it, what an awesome game] and I would love to play it on highest setting." If he has the money to spend and that's what he wants to do with his money it's his choice. There's nothing WRONG with buying a new GPU. I believe the 780 benchmarks just below the 970 so it's a pretty okay upgrade path.
    I had a nice run with my 780 but they were not that good, the 780Ti would have been a much better buy, a 970 is already a big step up, but my new 1080 crushes it .