Implosion Spec Question

So as of right now Implosion is the default burst AoE Demo spec, but there seems to be some discussion between the last tier talent. Do we continue to spec into Demonbolt, or spec into Soul Conduit.

The fight I had in mind was a fight like Mannoroth. Typically single/2 targets but periods of heavy burst. Does the benefit of Demonbolt with class trinket cheese outweigh the soul shard refund from Soul Conduit?

Hello, since prepatch release I've spent like 20 hours on training dummies, doing 10 minutes length fight, testing things around.

Although @FurtyIRL says Soul Conduit is better in prepatch, then it probably is. However I seemed to be doing around 6~7% more DPS with Demonbolt. Also, top warcraftlogs seem to be 50/50 Demonbolt or Soul Conduit.

With the nerf we received yesterday I cannot asure you about Demonbolt being good, though. Demonbolt surely doesn't hit as much as it used to do due to significantly less amount of Demons you spawn, providing you have 4-set pieces.
    Last edited by Wenoxar; 2016-07-27 at 02:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    Hello, since prepatch release I've spent like 20 hours on training dummies, doing 10 minutes length fight, testing things around.

Although @FurtyIRL says Soul Conduit is better in prepatch, then it probably is. However I seemed to be doing around 6~7% more DPS with Demonbolt. Also, top warcraftlogs seem to be 50/50 Demonbolt or Soul Conduit.

With the nerf we received yesterday I cannot asure you about Demonbolt being good, though. Demonbolt surely doesn't hit as much as it used to do due to significantly less amount of Demons you spawn, providing you have 4-set pieces.
    Honestly I'd say there is an infinitesimally small difference between Conduit and Demonbolt. Conduit has a little higher top end due to the possibility of favorable RNG whereas Demonbolt is going to be a little more consistent, and better if you need to chunk down important adds quickly. I'd roll with whatever feels best to you because as far as empirical data & sims are concerned they are practically equal in every respect.