1. #1221
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    24,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    See, this is what I don't get. You're taking one guy who has a couple of cases against him that are currently unresolved(and likely to go nowhere) as being a testimony of his character
    Trump University is a perfect description of Trump's character. It was started as a cash grab just before the housing market went south, had little to no of the promised features, capitalized heavily on the Trump name and image over any form of actual substance, crashed and burned, and now he's being sued for fraud because the "university" was never accredited. This pattern -- slap your name on it to make some quick bucks, badly-thought-out plan crashes, Trump is sued -- is hardly new.

    But if you want to talk unresolved, how about those tax returns? How many years is he claiming are under audit? Eight, was it?

    And just for the record, the Benghazi thing is resolved. The email thing is resolved. The one with unresolved legal issues, including the federal level, is only Trump. Not even Christie is under such scrutiny. Not even David Duke is under such scrutiny.

  2. #1222
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Well, like I said, he does like media attention. I swear half the shit he says(and why he runs his mouth so much) is to get the said media focusing on him. It's almost akin to the old saying, "Negative publicity and is better than no publicity."

    Again though, until he drops out, I won't think much of it.
    There is a contradicting dichotomy there with Trump. Depending on the seeming mood, Trump is either a great media manipulator and that the media is out to get him. It seems like all of his stupid comments get excused as media attacks, until Trump states his excuses, at which point it was just him manipulating the media.
    Entropy won't yield to you.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    I don’t work here, I only smoke here.

  3. #1223
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So he lied about the NFL and Hillary to get the camera back on him? And that is a good thing because....? Boy those backflips you are making to rationalise this must hurt your spine...
    Lying for media attention does not qualify on the levels of what Hillary has done, even in the lightest of accusations laid against her.

    So yeah, lesser evil meet greater. Politics are fun aren't they?

  4. #1224

  5. #1225
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    24,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    LOL. How many times have we heard that before?
    Yes, but this is different. This is Trump's third marriage. No way did he enter into it without his lawyers crawling over every single square inch of Melanoma's personal life, history, and legal standing. Not on try number three.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    http://www.complex.com/life/2016/08/...cted-president

    Trump signs a pledge to ban porn if elected.
    The fuck is this? HIS WIFE POSED NUDE!

  6. #1226
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump University is a perfect description of Trump's character. It was started as a cash grab just before the housing market went south, had little to no of the promised features, capitalized heavily on the Trump name and image over any form of actual substance, crashed and burned, and now he's being sued for fraud because the "university" was never accredited. This pattern -- slap your name on it to make some quick bucks, badly-thought-out plan crashes, Trump is sued -- is hardly new.

    But if you want to talk unresolved, how about those tax returns? How many years is he claiming are under audit? Eight, was it?

    And just for the record, the Benghazi thing is resolved. The email thing is resolved. The one with unresolved legal issues, including the federal level, is only Trump. Not even Christie is under such scrutiny. Not even David Duke is under such scrutiny.
    No and no. First, what were the CIA doing at the annex that caused the event in the first place? Secondly, what was on those deleted 30,000 emails?

    They're resolved for those that don't care. I care. Always have, always will.

    Meanwhile you're upset over a guy potentially fucking over a few thousand people, rather than the woman fucking over millions and potentially billions when you want to get down to it. So yeah, there's a very keen difference here between you and I.

    As for tax returns, that IS one thing I don't give a fuck about and for good reason. The government getting it's payroll is the least of my concerns, all things considered.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-08-04 at 07:20 PM.

  7. #1227
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    24,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    As for tax returns, I don't give a fuck. The government getting it's payroll is the least of my concerns, all things considered.
    I was going to respond with the specifics of the "resolved" not meaning "does Kelliak like it or not", then I read this. I think we're done here.

  8. #1228
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Short memories are also a problem. It's also a matter of being able to formulate a response. Maybe they're waiting to throw something at him during the debates when he can't respond, or they're holding their cards close to their vests to save for when Trump tries to attack Hillary for something they may not be able to immediately respond to.
    I'm coining '30 sec or less' generation.

    On unrelated subject, I just (2 hours ago) got a promotion and a 10k a year raise... this is my extended celebratory lunch...
    Entropy won't yield to you.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    I don’t work here, I only smoke here.

  9. #1229
    I am Murloc! Pangean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Laurasia
    Posts
    5,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes, but this is different. This is Trump's third marriage. No way did he enter into it without his lawyers crawling over every single square inch of Melanoma's personal life, history, and legal standing. Not on try number three.
    In the end I don't really care but never discount Trump's reverse midas effect.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

  10. #1230
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    33,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    See, this is what I don't get. You're taking one guy who has a couple of cases against him that are currently unresolved(and likely to go nowhere) as being a testimony of his character, while ignoring the other POTUS candidate that has a history of being involved with scams, conflicts of interest, extremely questionable ethics and potentially even death. All the while under the guise of a servant of the people, no less.

    As I did earlier, I'll give her the caveat that some of those things are merely circumstantial and may not mean anything - period.

    ...Everything though? Especially when you go back through her history and actually research her a bit, she cannot go unscathed and come out as an ethical and well-meaning individual. Quite the contrary. So at which point, does one choose to ignore these things and instead focus on a couple of utterly unsubstantiated court cases that still need to be revolved for the opposition and take them as fact of character? I legitimately don't understand this mentality.

    Is it because she's promising you more stuff?

    Let me clarify here and now; I do not like Trump as an individual. Whether or not he's a bad guy, truly, is unanswerable for me. I just know by the information presented, I'm not a huge fan. However I also took the information presented against Hillary and can safely say, she is likely far worse. This is before we get into policies, which, most of... I have disagreed with. Not just what Hillary is proposing but also what Obama and before him Bush had done. So there is legitimately, no reason for me to vote Hillary when I want to be fair about the facts.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Well, like I said, he does like media attention. I swear half the shit he says(and why he runs his mouth so much) is to get the said media focusing on him. It's almost akin to the old saying, "Negative publicity and is better than no publicity."

    Again though, until he drops out, I won't think much of it.
    It's not just these two cases though. There's a treasure trove of dirt on Trump just waiting to be pulled to the surface and shown for all to see.

    http://www.newsweek.com/2016/08/12/d...16-486091.html

    Clinton may have done some questionable stuff in the past, but yes it was a great deal of circumstantial stuff. Trump has been the subject of over a hundred court cases, mostly civil, but none the less always in the eyes of the law. Constant pathological liar.

    Clinton might be bad in several ways, but Trump is just far worse. That's something for everyone to chew on.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

  11. #1231
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes, but this is different. This is Trump's third marriage. No way did he enter into it without his lawyers crawling over every single square inch of Melanoma's personal life, history, and legal standing. Not on try number three.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The fuck is this? HIS WIFE POSED NUDE!
    Yeah the cognitive dissonance of both Trump and his supporters is pretty amazing.

  12. #1232
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    24,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    On unrelated subject
    Lol, this is the internet. Unrelate away.

    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I just (2 hours ago) got a promotion and a 10k a year raise... this is my extended celebratory lunch...
    Congrats dude! Good news is always welcome.

  13. #1233
    I am Murloc! Pangean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Laurasia
    Posts
    5,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I'm coining '30 sec or less' generation.

    On unrelated subject, I just (2 hours ago) got a promotion and a 10k a year raise... this is my extended celebratory lunch...
    Grats on the promotion.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

  14. #1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Lying for media attention does not qualify on the levels of what Hillary has done, even in the lightest of accusations laid against her.

    So yeah, lesser evil meet greater. Politics are fun aren't they?
    You want to tell me that you are voting your politics, or that he is a lesser evil than Hillary? Fine, I can buy that. But don't sit there and tell me a sack of elephant dung is a Golden Idol I should be worshipping.

    If I was at a rally and a candidate told me, "Now raise your right hand and take an oath to vote for me no matter what, and now remember people what happens to people who don't fulfill their oaths... that's right.. bad things... Now repeat after me, I state your name promise to vote for Donald J. Trump on election day.... no matter what!" You culdn't get me to vote for someone 'no matter what' none the less take an oath to a politician. That is the moment when common sense kicks in and my brain tells me, "I need to get the fuck out of here fast before they start serving the Kool-aid."

  15. #1235
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I was going to respond with the specifics of the "resolved" not meaning "does Kelliak like it or not", then I read this. I think we're done here.
    Well, why should I be concerned with whether or not the government is siphoning off everyone's taxes efficiently? Chances are, Trump, like many billionaires, has moved his excess wealth into pockets the Feds can't get to. That would not be any kind of a shock to me. It also doesn't disturb nor bother me because again, the government allows for that in the first place. They're the ones who create these windows of opportunity for their "friends" to shuffle about resources.

    So meanwhile, these taxes they're so keen on gathering, only fuck over the rest of us and matter for the wealthy only when the said wealthy "step out of line". It's a weapon, taxes, and I don't much care for it for this reason. It's an underhanded, shitty weapon of those in power.

    As for resolved, again, resolved by a corrupt system. Yay. We should now all close the books because we know we can trust our government. Meanwhile you've got Bill playing patty-cake with Loretta. Nah. I'm not buying that shit and there is still questions unanswered regardless. It kills me how you'll gloss over these things so readily and happily while freaking out because Trump won't produce his tax forms of all things.

    REALLY?!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It's not just these two cases though. There's a treasure trove of dirt on Trump just waiting to be pulled to the surface and shown for all to see.

    http://www.newsweek.com/2016/08/12/d...16-486091.html

    Clinton may have done some questionable stuff in the past, but yes it was a great deal of circumstantial stuff. Trump has been the subject of over a hundred court cases, mostly civil, but none the less always in the eyes of the law. Constant pathological liar.

    Clinton might be bad in several ways, but Trump is just far worse. That's something for everyone to chew on.
    How? Have you even done your research on Clinton beyond Buzzfeed and CNN? You cannot possibly put them side-by-side and think Clinton, by any measure, is lesser than Trump. It is simply not possible.

  16. #1236
    The Normal Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    18,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Always have, always will.
    And this is why the Berneibros ultimately lost this cycle, when they could have gotten so much. There's really no point in talking to or catering to obsessive zealots, people who have made up their minds based on a long series of memes and tabloids who can't even point out how, specifically, within her capacity of secretary of state, she allowed such actions to happen. When all evidence points to that she was forced into a lame duck role by Obama and Rice, and was basically delegated the role of playing nice with foreign powers without having a hand in actual policy. They could have gotten far more than platforms that Clinton would have historically gone for without Sanders, such as minimum wage improvements, but nope. Fit thrown, momentum lost, have to start all over from scratch.

  17. #1237
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    24,652
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Clinton may have done some questionable stuff in the past
    Well let's be honest here: she did. The thing is, after 8 years of Bush/Cheney/Rove/Rice/Powell, deleting emails and deaths at embassies are things the US has proven we're prepared to accept. I'm not thrilled with every single aspect of what she's done, but it really doesn't stand out from the pack all that much.

    Which I guess is some of the appeal for Trump voters. Say what you want about his horrible failures on most levels of being a human being at this point, at least he didn't agree to the Iraq War. Either. He never had that authority.

  18. #1238
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    http://www.complex.com/life/2016/08/...cted-president

    Trump signs a pledge to ban porn if elected.
    Good luck with that, Porn is like pee in the pool. Once it is in there it's in there. Only the pool is a fucking ocean and the ocean is mostly pee. Prohibition worked out just fine with no criminal organizations coming to power, can't see how this could possibly blow up in our faces...

  19. #1239
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Good luck with that, Porn is like pee in the pool. Once it is in there it's in there. Only the pool is a fucking ocean and the ocean is mostly pee. Prohibition worked out just fine with no criminal organizations coming to power, can't see how this could possibly blow up in our faces...
    Funny, I've said the same thing about guns but that sure as fuck isn't stopping people from attempting the same thing with them.

  20. #1240
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well let's be honest here: she did. The thing is, after 8 years of Bush/Cheney/Rove/Rice/Powell, deleting emails and deaths at embassies are things the US has proven we're prepared to accept. I'm not thrilled with every single aspect of what she's done, but it really doesn't stand out from the pack all that much.

    Which I guess is some of the appeal for Trump voters. Say what you want about his horrible failures on most levels of being a human being at this point, at least he didn't agree to the Iraq War. Either. He never had that authority.
    Correction, if you are a Republican or Republican establishment then Bush era email deletions and embassy killings are ignorable but if your political opponent has done it then we definately need to bury her so we can get back in the white house... er I mean, make justice happen!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •