1. #1241
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Correction, if you are a Republican or Republican establishment then Bush era email deletions and embassy killings are ignorable but if your political opponent has done it then we definately need to bury her so we can get back in the white house... er I mean, make justice happen!
    Good thing I'm not. I haven't had a president within my lifetime I thought was worth two shits. So don't you dare lump me in with them.

  2. #1242
    The Normal Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    18,251
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Good luck with that, Porn is like pee in the pool. Once it is in there it's in there. Only the pool is a fucking ocean and the ocean is mostly pee. Prohibition worked out just fine with no criminal organizations coming to power, can't see how this could possibly blow up in our faces...
    I would think the likely result would porn being bumped up to the SCOTUS, and ruled as protected under freedom of expression. It's a dead route to go down, politically... someone who actually gets it pushed is going to go the same route as Pence did in his state over abortion. Even if you can get it pushed through, when it's shoved back in your face your electorate is going to burn you for getting so close but fialing.

  3. #1243
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    25,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    It kills me how you'll gloss over these things so readily and happily while freaking out because Trump won't produce his tax forms of all things.
    Um...you do realize my point was not about his failure to release his tax returns (that's still another huge mark against him, but not what I was talking about) but his being under audit for the last eight years? Meaning he is currently in legal trouble for at least ten things, eight of which are federal taxes. You know, felonies?

    But since you brought it up, I'll remind you he baited Romney into releasing his tax returns in 2012, and in a recent interview, blamed Romney's loss on one or two minor things in Romney's tax returns?

    That's not a legal issue, of course. That's just blatant fucking hypocrisy. Why aren't you freaking out? Your candidate's the one being a hypocrite.

  4. #1244
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Grats on the promotion.
    Still under paid by a lot, but I'm loyal to a fault.
    Entropy won't yield to you.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    I don’t work here, I only smoke here.

  5. #1245
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    And this is why the Berneibros ultimately lost this cycle, when they could have gotten so much. There's really no point in talking to or catering to obsessive zealots, people who have made up their minds based on a long series of memes and tabloids who can't even point out how, specifically, within her capacity of secretary of state, she allowed such actions to happen. When all evidence points to that she was forced into a lame duck role by Obama and Rice, and was basically delegated the role of playing nice with foreign powers without having a hand in actual policy. They could have gotten far more than platforms that Clinton would have historically gone for without Sanders, such as minimum wage improvements, but nope. Fit thrown, momentum lost, have to start all over from scratch.
    Ah yes because being pissed off that the election potentially got pulled out from under you due to an entire party WORKING AGAINST YOUR CANDIDATE is totally out of line and uncalled for or how when a bunch of their delegates left the convention, they shut off the lights, and then filled the seats with hired "seat-fillers". Basically, the DNC did everything they could to squash and control Bernie and his supporters. Hell, they were ready to use his lack of religion against him which I find bizarre.

    You people have a strange of assessment of what's worth being upset over and what's not.

  6. #1246
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Funny, I've said the same thing about guns but that sure as fuck isn't stopping people from attempting the same thing with them.
    Since I don't know your stance on guns I can't devine your intentions as to what you said. Are you saying he will be able to ban porn successfully without it going black market making criminal organizations rich and powerful? He is 70, he doesn't even know how the internet works, he clicks his words in a twitter panel and everyone can see it, end of story. You ever have to show someone over 60 how to use the internet? It's fucking horrible. Just yesterday I had to explain to my 65 year old father in law to stop trying to use internet explorer to do his banking for the fifth fucking time.

  7. #1247
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Um...you do realize my point was not about his failure to release his tax returns (that's still another huge mark against him, but not what I was talking about) but his being under audit for the last eight years? Meaning he is currently in legal trouble for at least ten things, eight of which are federal taxes.

    But since you brought it up, I'll remind you he baited Romney into releasing his tax returns in 2012, and in a recent interview, blamed Romney's loss on one or two minor things in Romney's tax returns?

    That's not a legal issue, of course. That's just blatant fucking hypocrisy. Why aren't you freaking out? Your candidate's the one being a hypocrite.
    Because I think it's hilarious, personally, and I'm not in it to win anything for myself. I'm in it to stop someone. It's that simple. So I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that. I'm simply trying to make you realize that you're supporting someone utterly unsupportable while claiming the same of the opposite candidate.

    If you want me to see you as honest, the least you could do, is acknowledge it is an outright shit-show and no matter who wins - we lose.

  8. #1248
    I am Murloc! Pangean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Laurasia
    Posts
    5,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Still under paid by a lot, but I'm loyal to a fault.
    Well hopefully it's a start to your proper compensation.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

  9. #1249
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    33,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    How? Have you even done your research on Clinton beyond Buzzfeed and CNN? You cannot possibly put them side-by-side and think Clinton, by any measure, is lesser than Trump. It is simply not possible.
    You think buzzfeed and cnn are the only sources for Trump's past? Do you deny any part of his marred history filled with failure and disgrace?

    He loses so much, but he declares victory then sues anyone who tries to report on just how much he lost.

    If you think side by side, Trump can't be worse than Clinton, I can't imagine you've looked all that deeply into Trump's past. I'm going to guess you think it's all garbage posted by CNN and buzzfeed. I posted that one article because it pretty succinctly showcases Trump's biggest failures all in a single article, but you can do research and find them anywhere. His past is filled with lies, incompetence, and disgrace.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

  10. #1250
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Since I don't know your stance on guns I can't devine your intentions as to what you said. Are you saying he will be able to ban porn successfully without it going black market making criminal organizations rich and powerful? He is 70, he doesn't even know how the internet works, he clicks his words in a twitter panel and everyone can see it, end of story. You ever have to show someone over 60 how to use the internet? It's fucking horrible. Just yesterday I had to explain to my 65 year old father in law to stop trying to use internet explorer to do his banking for the fifth fucking time.
    No, my stance is that you can't successfully do it. With either case. It'd create more problems than solve.

  11. #1251
    I am Murloc! unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Because I think it's hilarious, personally, and I'm not in it to win anything for myself. I'm in it to stop someone. It's that simple. So I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that.
    This is priceless.
    Wall of LOLs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Yeah I know. It'll take another 2 years + to knock Rozz and Flarelane down to size as Endus eventually was. Not worth the effort. My lack of posting here recently has been sort of 2-fold. One is because it's extremely boring watching the crazies come to the inevitable conclusion that they've failed. TDS seems to be an awfully persistent disease. Two is because I'm saving my infraction points to unleash unholy Hell when Trump wins re-election.

  12. #1252
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    25,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    So I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that.
    *ahem*

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You people have a strange of assessment of what's worth being upset over and what's not.
    What was the elapsed time there? Minutes? Seconds?

  13. #1253
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You think buzzfeed and cnn are the only sources for Trump's past? Do you deny any part of his marred history filled with failure and disgrace?

    He loses so much, but he declares victory then sues anyone who tries to report on just how much he lost.
    I meant for Clinton's, not Trump's. Not to mention, I care more about Clinton's because she is nearly a lifelong servant of the people. She should uphold greater ideals. Instead she seems to use her authority almost strictly for her own gains.

  14. #1254
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You think buzzfeed and cnn are the only sources for Trump's past? Do you deny any part of his marred history filled with failure and disgrace?

    He loses so much, but he declares victory then sues anyone who tries to report on just how much he lost.
    I would like to know where or what his infallible news sources can be? I mean that guy has a secret news organization that gives the real truth. Where can it be?

  15. #1255
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    *ahem*



    What was the elapsed time there? Minutes? Seconds?
    I don't get your point. You do have a strange means by which to assess what's worth being upset over or not. Difference is, I realized what's worse(the goddamn public servant) and decided I should sabotage it. It's like taking a smaller asteroid and crashing it into the greater in order to break it up and cause less, over all damage. I don't think however, that in the process, I am somehow benevolent. People are going to get shit on either way. Pragmatism is a bitch.

  16. #1256
    I think the most interesting thing about this election is what I keep seeing on fb in regards to Gary Johnson. The "he is better than the other choices" mentality appears there with other ideas of "I don't believe in everything he says but he is the best choice we have!" by the people who are quick to bitch about voting Trump/Clinton because they are better than the other option.

  17. #1257
    The Insane Daelak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    15,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Because I think it's hilarious, personally, and I'm not in it to win anything for myself. I'm in it to stop someone. It's that simple. So I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that. I'm simply trying to make you realize that you're supporting someone utterly unsupportable while claiming the same of the opposite candidate.

    If you want me to see you as honest, the least you could do, is acknowledge it is an outright shit-show and no matter who wins - we lose.
    How do 'we" lose? Do you think 'winning' would entail shutting down the government? Is that a future that would be better for you or me?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

  18. #1258
    I am Murloc! unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    What was the elapsed time there? Minutes? Seconds?
    The amount of self awareness they lack is just amazing.
    Wall of LOLs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Yeah I know. It'll take another 2 years + to knock Rozz and Flarelane down to size as Endus eventually was. Not worth the effort. My lack of posting here recently has been sort of 2-fold. One is because it's extremely boring watching the crazies come to the inevitable conclusion that they've failed. TDS seems to be an awfully persistent disease. Two is because I'm saving my infraction points to unleash unholy Hell when Trump wins re-election.

  19. #1259
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    How do 'we" lose? Do you think 'winning' would entail shutting down the government? Is that a future that would be better for you or me?
    I don't vote based upon what's better for me. That's the biggest difference between me and you, I think. Completely different reflection going on behind the scenes.

  20. #1260
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Ah yes because being pissed off that the election potentially got pulled out from under you due to an entire party WORKING AGAINST YOUR CANDIDATE is totally out of line and uncalled for or how when a bunch of their delegates left the convention, they shut off the lights, and then filled the seats with hired "seat-fillers". Basically, the DNC did everything they could to squash and control Bernie and his supporters. Hell, they were ready to use his lack of religion against him which I find bizarre.

    You people have a strange of assessment of what's worth being upset over and what's not.
    In my state, WA, Bernie won 2 months before the election was over. Where is the outrage? If the point is justice, where is the outrage that Bernie supporters screwed Washington voters?

    The outrage is pointless, outside of whining that your guy lost. The issue is what primaries actually are and the fact that their rules are defined by the state, thus are different and hard to follow. This is also what happened to Trump in Nevada. The actual problem is that neither the DNC or RNC primaries are representative of American democracy. They are party selections, not general election. In many states, like Nevada and Washington, the vote does not mean anything. In other states, only registered members of each party are permitted to vote, because once again, the general public vote has nothing to do with primaries.

    It's their party and you can cry if you want to...
    Entropy won't yield to you.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    I don’t work here, I only smoke here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •