10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    So, is this the point where Trump reveals himself as Clinton's bitch and just did all that jazz to kickstart a new TV reality show and the dems kick out the reps out of every political office come the election?
    By "kick them out" do you mean face them in an election and win? Because Trump is the only one threatening to clean house of appointed officials when elected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I see two people today in certain threads who swear up and down they hate both political candidates. Yet both push heavily and always talk about one candidate and that candidate only. Of course they are neutral.
    I hate Trump by far more than Hillary. I lived in NYC through the 90s and there is no way I can vote for Trump, after a decade of seemingly none stop underhanded bullshit Trump was doing. The fact that he has not changed in the last 16 years isn't surprising either.

With Hillary, it's really hard to see if my dislike is legitimate or just sheeping along after 10 years of "anyone, but Hillary". Still voting Spider Jerousalem, because WA will vote Hillary regardless.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Aren't we passed the point of realizing Trump is nothing but economically illiterate.

But I was joking anyways. :P
    The most incredible thing about Trump is he finds new lows. He legitimately fucking does it. And it's not even September.

At this rate by late October, we's going to be "joking" about raping a Democrat's corpse on a church altar on a live stream. Because he will have literally violated every other rung of decency and have no where deeper to go but public blasphemous necrophilia.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    By "kick them out" do you mean face them in an election and win? Because Trump is the only one threatening to clean house of appointed officials when elected.
    Obviously? D:

Wouldn't it be neat to get a functional legislative again?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    . . .

The Secret Service needs to haul Trump in for questioning and Trump needs to widthdraw from the race.

It doesn't even matter if he is more beatable than Pence. Out of General-fucking-principle he's done (as if he wasn't already) and if he doesn't leave now, any and every Republican who still supports him should be primaried.
    I was going to ask... Isn't what he just did quite illegal? Nevermind comming from a presidential nominee...

Seriouly, nobody remembers the psycho neo-con who listened to too much hate-mongering Rush Limbaugh who then felt compelled to shoot Gabby Giffords!? Have they learned nothing!?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I was going to ask... Isn't what he just did quite illegal? Nevermind comming from a presidential nominee...

Seriouly, nobody remembers the psycho neo-con who listened to too much hate-mongering Rush Limbaugh who then felt compelled to shoot Gabby Giffords!? Have they learned nothing!?
    Former CiA Director put it best: if any guest in Trump's crowd said what Trump said on stage, the Secret Service would detail and question them.

At the very least, this completely and totally zeroes the complaint that Hillary got away with her email server because who she is... because the fact that Trump isn't in a black SUV right now headed in for questioning, is exactly the same reason, because who he is.

In any event, Trump found a new way to fuck himself yet again.

And yet you'll deny that Islam inspires violence I bet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Former CiA Director put it best: if any guest in Trump's crowd said what they said, the Secret Service would detail and question them.

At the very least, this completely and totally zeroes the complaint that Hillary got away with her email server because who she is... because the fact that Trump isn't in a black SUV right now headed in for questioning, is exactly the same reason, because who he is.

In any event, Trump found a new way to fuck himself yet again.
    And yet the only collective political violence has been against Trump voters.

You guys arent very bright

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    So an armed rebellion that will likely end in hundreds or thousands of dead is certainly marginally better than assassinating a presidential candidate to ensure your own success?
    Okay yeah sure.
    HEY! Calling for an armed rebellion is UNAMERICAN!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah it's highly illegal but he worded it in such a way to leave it just vague enough that a half decent lawyer would argue that he's actually talking about NRA lobbyists etc... even though when you look at the context he means 2nd amendment people have options... if Clinton is elected and starts picking judges. As if the lobbying would do fuck all after the fact.

Anyone with a working brain knows exactly what he means but he'll face no legal repercussion over this. The media is going to spit roast him however and he's going to lose more endorsements and plummeting poll numbers.

Lets be clear, its an ambiguous statement that could mean what either party wants it to mean.

As a smart man said, "it's not what he said, its what people hear" and no matter which side of the spin table you side with you can't discount the possibility that he just incited some nutjob. Pretty irresponsible is a kind view. When talking about that type of stuff you choose your words carefully and leave no room for misinterpretation.

tl;dr - I can't believe any well balanced person can still support Trump. If its a choice between a liar and and unstable nutjob whose policies are "build a wall" and whose musings are "y can't we nuke ISIS?" then its a pretty clear choice.

Regardless, I'm not in the USA and can't vote so I'll just sit back and watch the soap opera.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...donations.html

Not sure if it's been linked, but apparently this is a thing as well.

7+ Year Old Account

There's enough ambiguity in what he said that he'll easily get away with it.

"What I MEANT was we need to use the 2nd amendment to rally around as an issue to prevent Hillary from being elected or her judges confirmed AT THE BALLOT BOX"

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post

"What I MEANT was we need to use the 2nd amendment to rally around as an issue to prevent Hillary from being elected or her judges confirmed AT THE BALLOT BOX"
    The best thing about Trump is you can always count on him saying even something even more stupid in response.

10+ Year Old Account

This is what malignant narcissists do - there's a name for it, even: gaslighting. They say things, and when they get called on what they said, they then say "You misunderstood me", or "that's not what I meant", etc. They try to make you doubt that you heard what you are sure you heard. It's how they actually drive their victims crazy, in some cases into literal breakdowns.

Trump is gaslighting the entire country.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing about Trump is you can always count on him saying even something even more stupid in response.
    Can you imagine how good the daily show would be with a cast from 10 years ago.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Can you imagine how good the daily show would be with a cast from 10 years ago.
    Jon, why you left us so early!?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Lets be clear, its an ambiguous statement that could mean what either party wants it to mean.
    Oh c'mon! This is Donald Dump! You DAMN WELL know what he, of all people, meant by it! Don't even defend that shit!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Trump: 'Second Amendment people' could deal with Clinton
    Source: http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/09/politi...ent/index.html

The new controversy/arrow just fired at himself.
    Yup - that actually went up a few hours ago... waiting for Facebook to explode with that shortly.

The tense of his statement explicitly rules out ballot box solutions.

"If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do fellas. Although the second amendment people maybe there is, I don't know."

Note he says (If she gets to pick her judges). That means she is in position to pick them (e.g., elected). Thus, nothing you can do fellas, she is already picking them. That leaves only the second amendment people.

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

From the CNN article. This is completely true, and this is why politicians, world leaders, military officials etc. are usually extremely careful about what they say and how they phrase it. Because they need to be as clear and unambiguous as possible to prevent people misinterpreting their words.

Because when you aren't, that's the kind of shit that causes major national or international problems.

Edit: And before anyone responds, yes, I know Hillary isn't great about this either. But she's infinitely better than Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Trump: 'Second Amendment people' could deal with Clinton
    Source: http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/09/politi...ent/index.html

The new controversy/arrow just fired at himself.
    Violence is wrong but authoritarianism and diminishing citizens rights is wrong too.

They just put out their bullshit quote:

“It’s called power of unification - 2nd Amendment people have amazing spirit and are tremendously unified, which gives them great political power. And this year, they will be voting in record numbers, and it won’t be for Hillary Clinton, it will be for Donald Trump”

Such convoluted rhetoric and bullshit. I much prefer the simple quote from the Clinton Campain:

"“This is simple— what Trump is saying is dangerous. A person seeking to be the President of the United States should not suggest violence in any way.”