Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Judgment giving 5 Holy Power

Copying a post I made in the bug report forums:

I was doing HFC with my group this morning and noticed something odd with a ret paladin that we pugged in to do mythic with us. His damage was pretty insane compared to our other ret paladin. I was logging every fight and took a look at the logs after we were done. He was able to use Templar's Verdict many more times than our other paladin, like more than twice as many on some fights.

I looked at his holy power generation and Judgment was giving 5 holy power on use. I cannot link to the logs yet apparently, or the gloves themselves on wowhead either.

He had pretty good gear, but then he also had a strange item equipped. General's Lamellar Gloves, Vanilla paladin pvp gloves

I thought this might have something to do with it, so I did a couple battlegrounds and purchased a set. I equipped them and went to a target dummy. Sure enough, every Judgment was giving me 5 holy power. This greatly increases the number of Templar's Verdicts you could use in a single fight. Not to mention that this makes it so you can build to 3 holy power then Execution Sentence then Judgment and immediately have holy power to spend on Templar's Verdict.

Has anyone else noticed this recently?

Hm interesting, maybe it has something to do with set bonuses? some type of bug? For sure it is not intended but i will test it out myself this weekends thx for the info =)

They broke (or didn't account for) a lot of on-equip effects, probably because they haven't used these since TBC(?) and those devs are all gone.

Saw someone post about the vanilla onyxia trinket that spawns a skeleton, apparently the click effect was changed to on equip and someone spawned a couple hundred in a minute. Not very useful, but probably quite amusing.

Just checked the item does grant me 5 HP. Will definitely get patched out though.

boys time to enjoy Ret Dream while it lasts, i hope it works in PvP instances =) cuz if it does, i will sure enjoy those arena skrimishes and BGs

Deleted
    i can say it's not only those gloves. even gladiater does the same,

Appears to have already been hot-fixed. Sad day, was gonna enjoy being all powerful while leveling 70-80 on my ret alt.

As Zdarr said those are not the only gloves that do it there are around 5 pairs of gloves that make judgement give 5 hp the ones listed where hotfixed i dare not speak what others do it out of fear the retribution gods will smite thy with holy vengence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Empulsiv3 View Post
    As Zdarr said those are not the only gloves that do it there are around 5 pairs of gloves that make judgement give 5 hp the ones listed where hotfixed i dare not speak what others do it out of fear the retribution gods will smite thy with holy vengence.
    I would imagine that they all used the same spell to grant you 5 HP, so a fix to one will be a fix to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    I would imagine that they all used the same spell to grant you 5 HP, so a fix to one will be a fix to all.

i would of thought so too but it seems those that have a different value to damage added to judgement are still giving HP

Deleted
    Hilarious. Probably why they've started de-activating set bonuses when you're an expansion above the level of the intended item - probably a good policy to roll that out across anything with an equippable bonus.

Deleted
    Operation Glove-digging @WoWHead has begun!

Blizz has found the 5 other gloves that the bug was coming from was fun having judge as a hp builder for a couple of hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that Colossus Smash used to give Fury Enrage when it crit, and a possible charge of Raging Blow, I think a mechanic like this would be good, but not 5 HoPo. That's a bit too much. Maybe a 30% chance to make your next HoPo ability free - a built in Divine Purpose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Considering that Colossus Smash used to give Fury Enrage when it crit, and a possible charge of Raging Blow, I think a mechanic like this would be good, but not 5 HoPo. That's a bit too much. Maybe a 30% chance to make your next HoPo ability free - a built in Divine Purpose?
    I think even a better solution will be removing either HP or CS from the face of Retribution Spec

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I think even a better solution will be removing either HP or CS from the face of Retribution Spec
    I do not understand the hate for the Judgement mechanic. You don't want it? I'd switch mains back to Fury in a second if we got the old CSmash back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I do not understand the hate for the Judgement mechanic. You don't want it? I'd switch mains back to Fury in a second if we got the old CSmash back.
    it's not judgement mechanic, it's holy power in general m8. it needs to go away. It's not fun at all, least imo.

Well because it feels a cheap mimic of an Arms War. CS or HP is fine, but forcing those two into one rotation is a crappy design, i wonder what Rogues would say if ontop of CP they got new mastery like "Back Stab increases dmg of your finishers by X amount for 6 seconds, 16 sec cd" I can only imagine the out cry rogues will under go, and they have far far better mobility than Rets so for them its actually easier to stick on target than Rets, yet blizzard will never implement it, because it is a bad Design.

With Rets, i think Blizzard did not give a crap to think of something new or simply did not have any new ideas how to freshen up the spec or both, that is why some 40 year old virgin nerd on the Ret design team, who does not even play Ret other than LFR once a week came up with this "fun" idea.

As many ppl pointed out, if we wanted to play melee with a CS mechanic, we would play Arms, because unlike Ret, that spec is actually has tools to have CS gameplay go fluently, while Ret is a cluster fuk asp now on live, so many times i apply Judgement debuff on a target and i get feared or cced, when i come out of cc i have 2 sec left of debuff + i have to run back to the target since i have 0 speed buffs 0 gap closers, this is a bad design in my book, because unlike Wars who can just apply CS and burst right away using their CDs like 2x MS cd on live, Ret has to build up CPs, then apply Judgement, then make sure Ret is in melee range because we have 0 gap closers or viable snares/slows.

Hence to make Ret not a trash spec, Blizzard has to implement a major change, either give us mobility/snare back or remove one of either Judgement debuff or HP.

I'd prefer 12sec Inquisition back than playing this cs spam into judgement crap...

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I'd prefer 12sec Inquisition back than playing this cs spam into judgement crap...
    I agree, personally i didn't mind Inq at all, i kinda enjoyed it went well with our instant bursts.