Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    it's really more a societal construct that over time has gained scientific support. you can get different societal constructs with scientific support too if you want.
    This is a scientific fact that has a social construct build around it. That we treated children differently before we knew for sure how it all worked was just because it was so painfully obvious that children do not act in the same way as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    This is a scientific fact that has a social construct build around it. That we treated children differently before we knew for sure how it all worked was just because it was so painfully obvious that children do not act in the same way as adults.
    15 year olds is old enough to separate right from wrong, it would be applicable if we were talking about someone that was 7, not someone that is 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    A brain fart is forgetting your keys on the counter, groping someone unwillingly is not. Most any developed society with standard morals know from a very young age that people touching you is bad -- at the very least a stranger, or a random person. You don't need a fully developed mind to understand this simple concept.
    A brainfart is doing stupid, your brain not working properly for (insert reason). I think this perfectly qualifies no? Seeing as
    Most any developed society with standard morals know from a very young age that people touching you is bad
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    15 year olds is old enough to separate right from wrong, it would be applicable if we were talking about someone that was 7, not someone that is 15
    Stop talking if you do not know what you are talking about.

Stop talking if you do not know what you are talking about.
    I know what I am talking about, doing a crime when you are 15 is as serious as doing a crime when you are 19

Deleted
    I know what I am talking about, doing a crime when you are 15 is as serious as doing a crime when you are 19
    This proves you have no clue.

A brainfart is doing stupid, your brain not working properly for (insert reason).
    If you're going to the extreme of what a brain fart is, than yes you can straw man it out to any spectrum and any age. In reality though, you don't simply grope someone at that age without consciously knowing it isn't right. Or worse, you think it is fine and that develops into even something worse as you get older. Either situation is terrible, and much more likely than the very low chance of being oblivious to your own actions.

Stop treating a 15 year old like a child, unless you somehow consider anyone under 18 arbitrarily a child.

This proves you have no clue.
    No, the brain is developing for a long time well into the 20s, why should someone there be sentenced like someone that is 30 then according to you?
    If brain development is the main reason for it then people who are in their 20s should be considered less culpable too when they commit crime but they get full penalties

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    If you're going to the extreme of what a brain fart is, than yes you can straw man it out to any spectrum and any age. In reality though, you don't simply grope someone at that age without consciously knowing it isn't right. Or worse, you think it is fine and that develops into even something worse as you get older. Either situation is terrible, and much more likely than the very low chance of being oblivious to your own actions.

Stop treating a 15 year old like a child, unless you somehow consider anyone under 18 arbitrarily a child.
    Yea, you also seem to not understand the fact that the brain of a 15 year old just isn't fully developed yet, that is why it is a brain fart for them. Go read up on the subject, thats the last im going to say on this, i'm off.

Deleted
    Why? Groping is a crime
    Seeing what feminism have done to society here in the west makes me regret not taking all the drunk girls that did grop my big but all the time when i was drunk to court i could have made a living out of it.

and the times girls were pushing for sex when i was not in mood.

Yea, you also seem to not understand the fact that the brain of a 15 year old just isn't fully developed yet, that is why it is a brain fart for them. Go read up on the subject, thats the last im going to say on this, i'm off.
    The brain of a 20 year old isn't fully developed either

Do as you may, dismiss others and keep typing like all you want to do is hear yourself type / talk. It gets your point across to literally no one else but yourself. A 15 year old is definitely going to be under developed, just like how an 18 year old is not fully developed. You also seem to think that those 3 years are going to whimsically going to teach someone at that age their actions are somehow infinitely worse.

A 15 year old knows very well the concept of consent, personal space, and touching someone, and whether they choose to ignore it or not is their choice.

Deleted
    yes there are a lot of facts.

children are different is a fact, but the way we treat them because of that in a criminal context is a multiple choice question that the answer to varies across the world.

perhaps more importantly, the definition of child end at different ages in different places, and i'm sure each place has science to back them up as to why 14, 16, 18, 21, 30, 65 etc is the proper age for this or that.

in the end we choose, science is just one of the things to base your decisions on, and it is almost never the only thing.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-07-28 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Isn't a normal person's first instinct to be happy that the earlier verdict was overruled? How do you feel about the article the OP posted?
    Less third person tennisface
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Then why can't a 15yo for example have consensual sex with someone of +20yo?

Seems like a double standard to me.
    That depends on the laws of the country you are in

They don't have sexual assault in Canada.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I was taught no means yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Then why can't a 15yo for example have consensual sex with someone of +20yo?

Seems like a double standard to me.
    That depends on the LAWS of the country you're in.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    and yes means anal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    In a few cultures, nodding means "no" and shaking head means "yes". Might be hard to figure out whether you are being given consent or not there!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...sion-1.3694814

People need to wise up about consent. It's pretty clear cut as to what it is.
    If she says no it means stop.
    No means yes. Yes means anal. /thread