Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenance View Post
    You can use any Windows 7 Home/Pro or Windows 8.1/8.1 Pro key to activate Windows 10 as long as it hasn't been used in a Windows 10 upgrade before. You can clean install Windows 10, say "I dont have a key" and then select the correct version, Home or Pro, and then use the key to activate Windows 10 after the installation. It will say: "Windows is activated with digital entitlement." or something like that.
    Hmm, strange but that didn't work for me couple of months ago, and I had to install clean win8, upgrade it to 8.1, then upgrade it to 10 and then just do a clean install of win10... well, I guess something went wrong lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Why does it have to be dx12 only games? It's a free performance boost to use DX12 mode if available.
    Because if its not dx12 only, I can play them on my win8 without any problems. In another words, not worth the hassle. Moreso, since the fabled "performance boost" is a single-digit fps increase, which would be instantly lost in world of awfully optimised at release games.

Why wait for 5+ years? Lol because in 5 years you could be playing full VR games, or we could have sudden revolutional tech discovery in hardware, or the earth could die in a fire, or pretty much anything. I don't find win10 worth the hassle of upgrading/clean installing right now, even with it being free. Although, if I had to install an OS on a new PC, that'd be win10 though - that's what I always do, install latest OS on a new PC; but upgrading is a completely other story.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Think Microsoft will leave Windows 7 users alone?
    i dnt have my updates on so they cant do shit to my PC

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Why not? I like win8. I like its performance. Comparing win8 to vista or ME is laughable and shows the levels of your tech knowledge, since win10 is just your glorified win8.1 with start menu, cortana, microsoft shop and dx12 - and I don't need anything of that.
    And W10, even with all the added features, has better performance than W8.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, strange but that didn't work for me couple of months ago, and I had to install clean win8, upgrade it to 8.1, then upgrade it to 10 and then just do a clean install of win10... well, I guess something went wrong lol.
    It did not used to work like that. They added that functionality later after people bitched lol. Rightfully so. It think it was around October last year when they added it? I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    And W10, even with all the added features, has better performance than W8.
    No, it does not, stop spreading lies. Win10 eats way more system resources than win8.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

No, you won't. You have to use "upgrade" option to get free win10.
    You can actually: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...ade-first.html

10+ Year Old Account
    I built my pc over a year ago and had windows 7 pro installed so I could use 64 gigs of ram. I have got very use to using windows 7 but I'm worried Microsoft will stop supporting 7 and I will have to eventually buy 10. I have gotten constant reminders to upgrade to windows 10 pro, so many reminders in fact that it almost feels like its being forced on me, criminal tbh. I even had microsoft to try and "Ninja" windows 10 into my system through a disguised update. The upgrade is Free and from my understanding. So will I get 10pro because I have 7 pro. Is 10 that much different that I will have to learn how to navigate a whole new OS. Does windows 10 support all my old and new games? I guess today is the day. So what is your professional Opinion. Is it a "Smart" move? Please help?

No, you won't. You have to use "upgrade" option to get free win10.

No you don't. I installed W10 on my computer after a clean format, you just enter your W7/8 key at the start of the installation process. No prior upgraed required (this used to be true, but MS patched it to work with clean installations some time ago).

No, it does not, stop spreading lies. Win10 eats way more system resources than win8.
    No, it does not, and it has proven by numerous sources to outperform both W8 and W7.
    http://www.techspot.com/review/1042-...-vs-windows-7/

10+ Year Old Account
    how so? please eloborate on this

Quote Originally Posted by Provenance View Post
    http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

GWX Control Panel has been out for a while.
    It's simpler for me to check updates manually from time to time and install needed only - I simply don't check KB3035583 option. Sky won't fall, if I won't install some updates immediately. In the past I was using WinXP for ages without updating it and what? Nothing happened.

Win 7 - is best OS now. It 100% suits me. Win 8 has terrible design and Win 10 - is another NSA agent on the par with iOS and Android. I have always been using MS products exactly for this reason: I have been giving them my money and it was enough for them - they haven't been disturbing me and prying into my personal life. For me OS - is just a tool, that allows me to control MY computer. And all modern OSs have more rights on my computer, than myself. This is just wrong. I don't want this mega corporations, who have tons of money anyway, to also be greedy enough to sell my personal data to 3rd party companies.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-07-29 at 03:00 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    I built my pc over a year ago and had windows 7 pro installed so I could use 64 gigs of ram. I have got very use to using windows 7 but I'm worried Microsoft will stop supporting 7 and I will have to eventually buy 10. I have gotten constant reminders to upgrade to windows 10 pro, so many reminders in fact that it almost feels like its being forced on me, criminal tbh. I even had microsoft to try and "Ninja" windows 10 into my system through a disguised update. The upgrade is Free and from my understanding. So will I get 10pro because I have 7 pro. Is 10 that much different that I will have to learn how to navigate a whole new OS. Does windows 10 support all my old and new games? I guess today is the day. So what is your professional Opinion. Is it a "Smart" move? Please help?
    It is very similar in navigation to what you are used to. All the "spying" that people are worried about can be disabled easily as well, with a program called Spybot Anti-Beacon. The link for it is on the Youtube page shown below.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    +1

I can't believe, that I will finally be able to turn auto update on again...
    There are no more updates for windows 7. so go ahead. They will not be doing any more support for that OS anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    There are no more updates for windows 7. so go ahead. They will not be doing any more support for that OS anymore
    I have WinXP on my old computer and what? It's still perfectly working.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    love how most of us think DX12 will work right off the bat with these new gamesalot of cards that are popular dnt support DX12 so you will have to pay for a new card anyways,
    DX12 support goes back all the way to the GTX 400 series.
    Not the full instruction set, but still, games requiring dx12 will run on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    Yes, it's the smart move. You'd have to be extremely lazy or stupid to not do it now that it's still free. Or just completely against progression. You could even make the upgrade to 10 to get your PC recognized and then revert back to 7 by the built in tool that has a copy of your old system. After that you could roll with 7 for years and still have the option left for free 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    There's not nearly enough tinfoil on this Earth to go around when it comes to Windows 10 conspiracies.
    But Microsoft are spying on me! :O

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA M$ bitches. I have to say few games tempted me to install W10 but after all I will stick with Antergos. People thought Apple was bad but M$ is stepping up.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    DX12 support goes back all the way to the GTX 400 series.
    Not the full instruction set, but still, games requiring dx12 will run on it.
    I thought it was the 600 cards that had minimal support? On note I have it dual booted with XP for legacy programs that don't work on 10 anymore despite compatibility mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA M$ bitches. I have to say few games tempted me to install W10 but after all I will stick with Antergos. People thought Apple was bad but M$ is stepping up.
    Yeah offering a free upgrade to a decent OS for a year before charging for it is such a bad thing. Especially considering any big future updates to that OS are free such as Redstone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    Actually it has extended support till 2020 which includes minor and security fixes. Just no service packs or anything big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    No, it does not, and it has proven by numerous sources to outperform both W8 and W7.
    http://www.techspot.com/review/1042-...-vs-windows-7/
    Did you read it? W7 kicks W10 arse