Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Single target wise; Siphon Life is the talent you take if you have crap gear. Once you have decent gear like UA Belt, and Netherlord Ring, Soul Conduit pulls way ahead mainly because you don't have time to weave in Siphon Life, and DE ring doesn't synergize with SL.
    Why doesnt DE ring synergize? It increases all damage by up to 50% from 35% boss HP, that should include SL, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Why doesnt DE ring synergize? It increases all damage by up to 50% from 35% boss HP, that should include SL, no?
    If you read the talent it only states some damaging spells. For example, Soulflame and pet damage is not included there either (I have no clue though if they are boosted or not). As to whether it actually affects SL I have no clue. It could be an oversight as naturally you cannot have SL and DE without the ring or perhaps it is intended. To be fair if DE did boost SL we would be even more OP on MT fights.

I recently got the Master Harvester legendary and i now have every affliction one minus the bracer's and the new ring. What is the best play style method with the leggo chest. I am currently running the chest/belt with MG/SC build for single target and just dumping shards till it proc's then channeling as that seems to be the go to way or is it?

Whats the general consensus

Deleted
    What's the best way to maximize dps at Demonic Inquisition? I've played WiA/AC build and try to refresh Agony always on the mob just before they go into their no-attack phase, but when it comes to UAs, I'm not sure where to put them (does it even matter?) With that build, you don't have Contagion or MG, so UAs are basically just there to do their own damage.

Is it worth playing the boss with the affli bracers and spread UAs on as many mobs as you can?
    Is it worth going downstairs early to get the endless corruption on the mob below (not to pad but to increase shard production)?
    So far, I've gone with PA instead of Sow, and when I'm not accidentally putting it on an add that dies too quickly, I think that is the best option.
    Lastly: Slow-ring vs. Netherlord ring?

I suppose you are talking about the heroic version of the encounter.

If you don't use affli bracers you can only UA one boss, it doesn't matter.

Affli bracers are decent if you can maintain the 2 stacks buff most of the time but the corruption ring is the best damage wise with AC and 3 targets.
    Netherlord can be good too on heroic because shard generation is a bit of a problem when running DE (which you should) and SC helps a lot with that if you like playing the lottery, especially on short fights like this one. If you don't like RNG you can play SL, it's good too but it doesn't scale with DE.

Going downstairs is only good when you're out of shards/CDs after the initial burst with lust.

PS can compete with SH on heroic if the two bosses are always close together (if your guild kites Atrigan behind Belac during the whirlwind) and your PS always damages both.
    SH is the most reliable if you can get two (one during lust and one sub 15% for huge execute with DE), or three if your guild has low DPS. Always use one sub 10-15% for big damage during execute (and pool a few shards for that).

So I was lucky enough to pick up 915 Skull from Illidan yesterday (remember getting this in TBC, it was the beesknees) but it sims extremely low, in fact barely higher than with no trinket equipped at all, so I have to assume that Simc is using the level 70 version, can anyone confirm?

Deleted
    Me again, guys.
    Today we had a discussion. The guys from a mythic raid guild say that I should swap my 895 Whispers in the Dark with socket for a 915 Tarnished Sentinel Medallion. My second trinket is an 880 Unstable Arcanocrystal.
    But when I simulate myself with Simulationcraft I get 1.024.459 dps with Whispers and Arcanocrystal and 1.016.549 dps with Medallion and Arcanocrystal. It would be a loss of 7,9 k dps if I swap them.

Any ideas?

How do you sim with Whispers and your Tarnished?
    UA is still insanely good but it scales kinda poor on higher ilvls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Affliction/Sims/Trinket

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    1.016.294 dps
    even lower

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    So I was lucky enough to pick up 915 Skull from Illidan yesterday (remember getting this in TBC, it was the beesknees) but it sims extremely low, in fact barely higher than with no trinket equipped at all, so I have to assume that Simc is using the level 70 version, can anyone confirm?
    this one dropped for me as well (910) did anyone test it?

Deleted
    Just came back to Affli from trying out destro for a while.

As i've read the changes that came to affli i still can't see if and how the rotation changes in single target? It just feels the same but "slower", am I doing something wrong?

Currently play SC and not SL as tier 100 talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Janka View Post
    Me again, guys.
    Today we had a discussion. The guys from a mythic raid guild say that I should swap my 895 Whispers in the Dark with socket for a 915 Tarnished Sentinel Medallion. My second trinket is an 880 Unstable Arcanocrystal.
    But when I simulate myself with Simulationcraft I get 1.024.459 dps with Whispers and Arcanocrystal and 1.016.549 dps with Medallion and Arcanocrystal. It would be a loss of 7,9 k dps if I swap them.

Any ideas?
    As soon as the fight becomes more than a single target, whispers and arcano gain much more value (and surpass the medallion even at that item level).

I would stick with the Whispers + Arcano given the majority of TOS (only Goroth and Maiden are "ST"). Go ahead and test out the medallion in lieu of one of the them on either and/or both fights to get some sample data - in general they are both very close whereas a 930+ tarnished would certainly overtake on pure ST).

I personally use a 910 whispers and an 880 socketed arcano with ZERO plans of swapping either until I get a 930 medallion but I'll gladly pass it to boomkins/mages first. Even then, it would only be for 2 bosses...

Quote Originally Posted by pappaslop View Post
    As soon as the fight becomes more than a single target, whispers and arcano gain much more value (and surpass the medallion even at that item level).
    Which brings us to Know Your Raid Fights. Swapping trinkets and/or talents depending on fight type means you have to know what types of fight they are.

Goroth, Sisters, Maiden, and Kil'jaden are (almost) pure single target fights. They're good choices to swap in TSM for. Inquisition is a council fight, while Harjatan, Sassz'ine, and Host all have frequent heavy add presence. TSM loses a lot of value for those, and if you're using Simcraft to pick trinkets you want to re-run sims with a Fight Style besides Patchwerk.

Fallen Avatar is a bit of an odd duck. It's mostly single target, but being able to cleave during the first phase is still useful. I'm honestly not sure which profile does better there.

Is there a guide for affliction that includes 7.2.5 talent rework? THis one appears to still use effigy.

What exactly does reap souls double? both the damage and the % chance of traits?

it doubles the effect of all traits, so a 3% increase becomes a 6% increase, etc. Also, you get a 10% damage boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    What exactly does reap souls double? both the damage and the % chance of traits?
    It doubles the effect of most artifact traits. For example: you have four points in Hideous Corruption, which increases the damage of Corruption by 16%. Under Reap, this becomes 32%.

Note that there have previously been lonstanding bugs which meant a few traits were not (I think Sweet Souls was one). Also, the Concordance of the Legionfall trait is specifically excepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    It doubles the effect of most artifact traits. For example: you have four points in Hideous Corruption, which increases the damage of Corruption by 16%. Under Reap, this becomes 32%.

Note that there have previously been lonstanding bugs which meant a few traits were not (I think Sweet Souls was one). Also, the Concordance of the Legionfall trait is specifically excepted.
    I see. Does it also double the chance then? like harvester of souls and compounding horror, do they go from 10% and 15% to 20% and 30% respectively in addition to doubling their proc damage?