Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Quick q about aff trinkets: I've just returned from a hiatus and am getting minimal gear to play around. No tier, C/H/M: 16, 32, 117. Which trinks from my "awesome" collection should I test/wear:

- 915 stick (crit)
    - 915 stick (haste)
    - 910 Fulmination
    - 920 Aran's (no idea where this came from)
    - 930 Naraxas w/ gem
    - 895 poor man's Whispers

I don't want to sim every combination of 2, so help me narrow it down! I'm leaning towards Whispers/critstick or just Naraxas/Whispers, but eh...
    You don't have to sim every combination. Raidbots lets you pick several trinkets at once and sims the best gear combo.

Raidbots

I don't want to sim every combination of 2
    As said above, use SimCraft's gearpermut option to have it check from available gear and print the best performing sets. WARNING: with a lot of pieces, this can take quite some time to run.

Little other choice, though. Stat interactions and trinket effects are too complex to be able to tell at a glance what's better in what scenario. If you want a mathematically sound answer, SimCraft is the only way to go.

Deleted
    Neat, didn't know about the simc addon to automatically generate input, inluding inventory items. Thanks.

Is there a latest Affliction guide? None of them I've found take into consideration the current iteration of Malefic Grasp

So I'm seeing more guides and people saying to run Siphon Life over Soul Conduit once you get 4piece, not seeing any logical reason behind it, can someone elaborate?
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedevil View Post
    So I'm seeing more guides and people saying to run Siphon Life over Soul Conduit once you get 4piece, not seeing any logical reason behind it, can someone elaborate?
    4pc also increases siphon life damage. They're pretty close together though, so in reality I'd expect to see the top parses start to fill out with lucky SC logs over time. SL works well if you want to add a bit more consistency and self healing though, but then if a fight is tight enough on healing that it requires aff locks to need more self healing then good luck to the healers.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2017-11-28 at 07:16 PM.

@klogaroth,

Ah, it looks like wowdb.com doesn't show the Siphon Life part of the damage increase, but Wowhead does. Thanks
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrmm which relics do we want in this tier? On phone so trying to see what boss drops what relics is a bit annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Hrmm which relics do we want in this tier? On phone so trying to see what boss drops what relics is a bit annoying.
    Perdition is likely still the best trait, but the exact values may fluctuate based on your current stats. Simcraft will know.

Once the M+ ilvl increase happens next week, it's also very possible that the best relics will be from M+ rather than raid, as there are no Perdition relics for all relic types available in Antorus. And, of course, what you roll in the Crucible may swing the decision wildly one way or another even across different ilvls.

Deleted
    Shadow : Portal keeper > Argus > Felhounds
    Blood : Varimathras > Garothi > Argus > Coven

So most likey Garothi MM /Argus HM and then Portal keeper MM (or good HM proc).

Anyone else worried that affliction will be nerfed next week? Seems like aff locks are crushing the meters on nearly every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    Anyone else worried that affliction will be nerfed next week? Seems like aff locks are crushing the meters on nearly every fight.
    Not even 2 nights of raiding to sample from yet, lol. Let's see how it falls out by the end of this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    Don't trust ranking 2 days into release. Most people are in ToS gear, not Antorus. Things will probably look different once everyone has tier, trinkets, etc.

Deleted
    How's the Insignia quest legendary compared to our other options? It doesn't seem too powerful, we still want the helm/belt/chest maybe or Prydaz if suffering from concrete shoes syndrome, correct?

How's the Insignia quest legendary compared to our other options? It doesn't seem too powerful, we still want the helm/belt/chest maybe or Prydaz if suffering from concrete shoes syndrome, correct?
    Pretty much. It's not terrible, but there are better options.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Don't trust ranking 2 days into release. Most people are in ToS gear, not Antorus. Things will probably look different once everyone has tier, trinkets, etc.
    Not sure what you'd expect to change. Aff scales better and has better tier. If anything, the gap will only get bigger as time goes on. Plus, the mythic version of the only fight Aff is bad at has add spawns whereas heroic doesn't, so it will naturally favor Aff then too

Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    Not sure what you'd expect to change. Aff scales better and has better tier. If anything, the gap will only get bigger as time goes on. Plus, the mythic version of the only fight Aff is bad at has add spawns whereas heroic doesn't, so it will naturally favor Aff then too
    I'm not saying Aff is bad, or that it won't be great even once everyone is in Antorus gear. I'm just cautioning against "omg OP nerf" calls after 2 days of logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'm not saying Aff is bad, or that it won't be great even once everyone is in Antorus gear. I'm just cautioning against "omg OP nerf" calls after 2 days of logs.
    ... :/

From the announced notes:

Corruption and Agony damage reduced 6%
    Unstable Affliction damage reduced 4%

Diabolic Raiment 4-piece – Spending a Soul Shard now has a chance to grant you 10% Haste (was 15%).
    Grim Inquisitor’s Regalia 4-piece – Unstable Affliction and Seed of Corruption now increase the damage targets take from your Agony and Corruption by 15% (was 10%).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Was to be expected, it's not too big a deal. Probably still in a good place.