Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Demon Hunter Q&A, ChinaJoy Trailer, Audio Drama, Director's Cut, Action Cam Removal

New Pylon Icons in 2.4.2, Season 7 Pocket Guide by fst_d3

New Card Reveals - Book Wyrm (Dragon), Moroes (Legendary)

Heroes WTF Moments #59, Heroes Funny & WP Moments #77

Overwatch Top 500 Now Live

Demon Hunters - Questions for the Developers
    We will have the opportunity to ask the developers about Demon Hunters on Wednesday this week. Please be sure to read the Q&A recap to avoid asking questions that have already been answered.

Legion ChinaJoy Trailer
    Reidorrr shared the Legion trailer shown at ChinaJoy.

Legion Audio Drama Tomorrow
    A Legion audio drama releases tomorrow!

Warcraft Movie - No Director's Cut
    It looks like we won't be getting a Director's Cut of the Warcraft movie.

Action Cam Removal
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Recently, Blizzard posted a message stating they were going to be disabling action cam for the time being. Apparently, "more than a few players" were accidentally enabling the action cam feature.

I'm completely befuddled as to how this would happen. It's a console command, therefore you have to go completely out of your way to enable it. It's not something you could click in the interface by mistake.

To clarify: This experimental mode is/was apparently being enabled in some cases through no direct action of users. The concern isn't that people could somehow accidentally type "/console actioncam full" and then be bewildered regarding how to disable it. The concern is that people have logged into 7.0.3 and found some of those features defaulted on, with no indication to that effect, and the game does not provide any clear direction regarding how to disable it.

"Action cam" will return. It was an in-development feature that ended up being accessible to players in one of our beta builds, and when we saw how much fun players were having with it, we decided to keep it around as a hidden toggle rather than disabling it immediately. It seemed harmless at the time. But there is now clear evidence to the contrary. The mode needs some extra safeguards, and we need to make it easier for players to know whether portions of it are enabled and if so, that it's an experimental feature, and how to disable it. That isn't possible without a real patch (that is to say, not a hotfix, but rather a new patch number beyond 7.0.3).

Invasions and Demon Hunters Arrive August 9
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’re pleased to announce that the next stage in the World of Warcraft: Legion pre-expansion experience will kick off on August 9!

With maintenance in each region, starting on August 9, the Burning Legion’s incursion on Azeroth will get underway, and players who have pre-purchased the expansion will begin creating their first Demon Hunters.

We have more for you in our Demon Invasions preview, our Demon Hunter guide, and our Legion digital comic series.

We’ll see you at the defense of Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to play my Demon Hunter!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, another of Blizzard's amazing disappearing features!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    China getting that amazing trailer for carrying the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Oh look, another of Blizzard's amazing disappearing features!
    You're really grasping at straws, aren't you?

Whoever is writing the responses on Blizzard's end needs to be taken off that duty - the previous post about the camera made it sound exactly like it was a thing players were doing wrong, and now we get a two paragraph word salad that could have been as simple as "Hey, we screwed up, it was experimental, we don't know why it's toggled on by default, we're turning it off, our bad."

That's one thing I miss about GC - he could give a complicated response when warranted, and keep it short and sweet otherwise. Half of the fires that erupt over this game are from people who can't communicate clearly. Hire someone who can!

And, not surprised by the Director's cut - there's too much CGI needed for pretty much any scene, and I doubt they rendered enough footage to make one. They may have the motion capture and voice tracks, but they generally don't green light millions of dollars of CGI for DC dvds.

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    Yup. They even said directly that it was "experimental" and "in-development", which clearly means it's not a permanent fully-formed feature.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

It's funny if you compare this new Chinese feature trailer with the original Legion feature trailer just how far Legion came from when it was first revealed to now.

This trailer shows with complete confidence what it promised. Heck Legion has more 5 man dungeons now than at announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    Understatement of the month right there lol. Dude gets all uppity about an experimental not-really-implemented feature being temp. disabled.

The trailer is in 720p, what year is it, 2006?

I'm disappointed that we're not getting a director's cut for the movie. It seriously needs it.

Deleted
    No Director's Cut , this is bullshit

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see the trailer in English

No director's cut and I bet no sequel either. This is what happens when you make a movie 6 years too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    No director's cut and I bet no sequel either. This is what happens when you make a movie 6 years too late.
    That and make a terrible movie with terrible actors. When your CGI orcs have better acting chops than your human counterparts and one of your most known guys is the guy from vikings, you know you've done fucked up.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    That and make a terrible movie with terrible actors. When your CGI orcs have better acting chops than your human counterparts and one of your most known guys is the guy from vikings, you know you've done fucked up.
    Yeah, I know. All movies should have actors that have stared in tons of things to make them great. It's like comparing Great Value food to brand name food. They should have had The Rock as an orc for sure.

Seriously, the acting was fine. We don't need a countless number of hollywood movies loaded with the same stale known name actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    the movie was fine. People here with no knowledge of warcraft even liked it as a fantasy movie.

There are 40 minutes of missing footage which were yanked from the movie. i hope they were mostly included as bonus scenes if it wasnt possible to splice them into a directors cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    And when you let the critics see it early so they can trash it for two weeks before it debuts in the U. S. I will always wonder what the opening weekend would have been if there had been no reviews beforehand.

someting is activating the action cam (which currently is only in the command prompts) for some players randomly. They dont really know how to deactivate it. plus it really wasnt intended to be used this way unless players in the know purposely activated it in command prompts to try it out. So they had to disable it.

It is still being refined and touched up on. Since in its present state, a percentage of people sensitive to motion experience motion sickness, etc without the smoother refinements the completed product calls for.

A UI element cannot be included right now, because those require actual patches and not hotfixes. There are addons that basicly just do the script commands though.

To enable it: /Console actioncam full
    To disable it : /Console action cam off

Pretty hard right...