Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alnilam81 View Post
    Sorry but you're wrong, a suspended sentence is (as said above) where you do community work and avoid jail unless you offend again.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/types-of-prison-s...ison-sentences
    Odd. In the U.S. we call that Probation.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Find it disgusting that they are so lenient on her...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Find it disgusting that they are so lenient on her...
    At face value, I agree. But I would love to know if there is any missing information.

If she was a man, she'd be in jail as we speak.

The guy was stupid enough to stay around for the beatings, at a certain point you have to walk away from crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Suspended sentence doesn't mean she doesn't go to jail. Just that there will be a 2 year delay before she is shipped to prison for 2 years (basically, to put affairs in order).

So click-bait title is a lie.

Otherwise, it would be nice if a non-tabloid had information on this story instead of the equivalent of the National Enquirer to verify some of those details.
    be more wrong please. It basically means she got off free. As long as she doesnt break any laws within two years. nothing will happen to her. Good ol' equality working as intended it seems

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The guy was stupid enough to stay around for the beatings, at a certain point you have to walk away from crazy.
    yet if we say that in reverse situations suddenly its "victim blaming"..

He's an amputee and she was beating him with his own crutch...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    He's an amputee and she was beating him with his own crutch...
    Maybe because of the missing leg, he couldn't out run her?

10+ Year Old Account
    But he's only got one leg.....zing....

OT: She's crazy and needs to be sent right away. The fact that they are waiting to see if she fucks up again is stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Maybe because of the missing leg, he couldn't out run her?
    Beat me to it!! Lol
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Checked local news but no mention of this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    But he's only got one leg.....zing....

OT: She's crazy and needs to be sent right away. The fact that they are waiting to see if she fucks up again is stupid.

Beat me to it!! Lol
    Great minds and all that jazz, lol.

And yeah, she is a nut case. She did serious harm to the man, and she should be sentenced more harshly (assuming the presented facts are actually factual, and there are no other details to consider)

Women get off easy. Like that woman who tried to slit a cops throat in a police station. Found not guilty of even assault let alone attempted murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Wife ripped open husband’s scrotum by lifting him up by his testicles using her fingernails

http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/01/wife-r...#ixzz4GHOtq4BA

A woman ripped a hole in her husband’s scrotum when she picked him up by his testicles during a row.

Andrew Collings was left with a 2″ by 1″ hole in his scrotum after the attack at the hands of his now ex-wife Catherine Collings, 51.

During a campaign of violence against her ex-husband, Collings also left him blind in one eye after poking his eyes with her fingers.

And on the day she ripped a hole in his scrotum, she beat Mr Collings, who lost a leg in a car crash when he was 20, with his crutch.

Despite the string of horrific violence, Collings has avoided jail, having been handed a suspended sentence at Exeter Crown Court.

Mr Collings was left in ‘excruciating pain’ after the attack on his genitals left him with a ‘burning pain consistent with a nerve injury’.
    But he did not seek medical help to stitch up the wound because he wanted to protect his wife.

Prosecutor Jonathan Barnes said the couple had been married for 30 years and had a number of grown up children.

He said police became involved when Mr Collings went to hospital in April 2014 with a dislocated lens in his left eye – and his right eye was also damaged.

He told the surgeon he had fallen into a hedge but later told the truth when the medic said ‘blunt trauma’ had been used on both eyes.

Mr Collings said she wouldn’t stop her attacks because ‘she was enjoying it’.

In a police interview, Collings, from Torquay, Devon, admitted she had attacked her husband but said it was ‘not one-sided’.

She confessed to grabbing him by his genitalia but said he ‘had provoked her’.

Kevin Hopper, defending, said Collings suffered from anxiety and personality disorders, adding: ‘These are nasty and deeply unpleasant offences.’

Collings pleaded guilty to two charges of inflicting grievous bodily harm and three counts of causing actual bodily harm.

Recorder Simon Levene said: ‘You have admitted five offences over a prolonged period against a victim, your husband, already grievously disabled.

‘In effect he has lost the sight in one eye as a result of a series of assaults which are unforgivable.

‘I will treat you as a man inflicting this damage on his wife – very very severe injuries indeed.’

She was handed a two year jail sentence suspended for two years

An indefinite restraining order was made banning her from any contact with her ex-husband.
    Imagine the husband did something similar to his wife....he'd be jailed for life.

We need another world war to put women in their place, they'd soon shy away from feminism/equality once we send them to the front lines with us men.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Only source I can find is the Metro. Odd.
    A local newspaper has the story too.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.u...ail/story.html

This incident isn't surprising to me. I wrote a paper back at university about female on male domestic violence, and for the most part it's ignored by society. In one particular incident I cited, a man who had owned a house before meeting his current live in girlfriend was violently assaulted by her. When the police turned up, they arrested him because they didn't believe he could be the victim. He hadn't done anything.

The problem is that we live in a society which largely believes men are brutish thugs, rapists or women-bashers in waiting, and women are helpless wilting flowers in need of protection. It doesn't do men or women any favours.
    Last edited by Drutt; 2016-08-03 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Great minds and all that jazz, lol.

And yeah, she is a nut case. She did serious harm to the man, and she should be sentenced more harshly (assuming the presented facts are actually factual, and there are no other details to consider)
    Yeah I'm taking it at face value as well.

And that we do haha!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Women get off easy. Like that woman who tried to slit a cops throat in a police station. Found not guilty of even assault let alone attempted murder.
    Wait what??

When did that happen?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Double standards are great aren't they?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    ^Pretty much this. I can't find the story anywhere else. Even then, the details are moot and exaggerated to begin in the article. Very click-baity, indeed.
    we've already established you are wrong. see mine and the numerous other posts about what a suspended sentence is..
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    we've already established you are wrong. see mine and the numerous other posts about what a suspended sentence is..
    It's simple to misunderstand it just by reading the title. I mentioned earlier, in the U.S., a 'suspended sentence' is called 'probation'. Suspended means that it is put off, or put on hold. Without really knowing the law in other places, it's easy to assume the meaning.

No harm no foul. Live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Yeah I'm taking it at face value as well.

And that we do haha!

- - - Updated - - -

Wait what??

When did that happen?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1815198

There's a video of the attack as well.

She's an RN. She knows how to use a knife. If she wanted to kill she would have plunged the knife right in," attorney Daniel Sedon told the Times Argus after the verdict.
    My favorite part. My mother has been an RN for 50 years. She doesn't know how to use a knife since RNs don't ever use them. That's surgeons.
    Last edited by Cerus; 2016-08-03 at 04:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    The real problem with that ruling is not the attempted murder charge being dropped but the "aggravated assault" charge too.

Vermont statutes are absolutely clear that even a threat when armed with a deadly weapon is considered aggravated assault. She clearly not only physically threatens him, i.e. has the knife at his throat, but also her testimonial was that it was a threat in order to extort a gain (keys to her former husband's cell).