Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The guy was stupid enough to stay around for the beatings, at a certain point you have to walk away from crazy.
    What's hilarious is that you would never say this to a fully able female abuse victim. But it is okay to say it to an amputee male?

I love double standards. Down with the patriarchy! Someone help this poor woman who was abused by her oppressive male partner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Two years for destroying an eye of a disabled person is a ridiculously low sentence.
    Shit, If I were treated as a woman in law I would probably kill a lot of people and ruin some lives. Then in 2-5 years my probation would be over and I would get govt assistance and support.

Equality is great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Two years for destroying an eye of a disabled person is a ridiculously low sentence.
    I think two years might be reasonable, depending on the circumstances. I don't see the merit in locking up people for long periods if they are not likely to offend again (the couple has apparently broken up with a restraining order). My problem is that she didn't get two years - she got zero. In the UK, a suspended sentence means no jail time unless you offend again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers
    Thread title is foolish and rhetoric supporting a personal viewpoint. ...The offender here is going to jail.
    Sorry, the offender is not going to jail unless she does some more bad stuff. The title is provocative, but factual.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    I think two years might be reasonable, depending on the circumstances. I don't see the merit in locking up people for long periods if they are not likely to offend again (the couple has apparently broken up with a restraining order). My problem is that she didn't get two years - she got zero. In the UK, a suspended sentence means no jail time unless you offend again.

Sorry, the offender is not going to jail unless she does some more bad stuff. The title is provocative, but factual.

Two years for blinding an amputee?

In before it gets cheered and applauded on The View.

Something, something MRA

We are physically superior. If any guy endures this kind of abuse its because he wants it.

Grow a pair.
    Last edited by Etselion; 2016-08-04 at 01:40 AM.

He is a man. He can deal with it. He should be happy he still has one eye and there is no war, otherwise we would send him there, and if he refused, shoot him instantly. The west is a gyoncentric society and if you are a loser, you better get a sex change or man up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a man did a similar thing to a woman, what do you think his punishment would be?

Remember, equality is a two-way street. Something people tend to conveniently forget these days.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Great minds and all that jazz, lol.

And yeah, she is a nut case. She did serious harm to the man, and she should be sentenced more harshly (assuming the presented facts are actually factual, and there are no other details to consider)
    Pun intended?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The guy was stupid enough to stay around for the beatings, at a certain point you have to walk away from crazy.
    The guy has one leg freaking imbecile. She was beating him with his crutch. As we know walking away on one leg is fucking fast, espcially one leg 50 years old, those walk away at olympic speed. Victim blaming much?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Two years for blinding an amputee?
    Blind in one eye. She poked him in the eyes with her fingers. The punishment depends partly on the intent. I infer the judge thought she did not intend "really serious harm", as that has a 3 to 16 year tariff.

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/offences/assault-gbh-abh/

Quote Originally Posted by Kardagh View Post
    If a man did a similar thing to a woman, what do you think his punishment would be?

Remember, equality is a two-way street. Something people tend to conveniently forget these days.
    The answer obviously is, a woman does not have a scrotum and no matter what you compare it with, the man haters will claim you cannot compare it.
    And when you point out about the eye, they will just ignore it or be quiet, disappear and fight "the patriarchy" at a different topic.

Deleted
    Ahhhh I love yandere

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Doesn't shock me, most domestic violent against men are overlooked.
    Sadly. This is a particularly horrific case though but I can't say I'm surprised when men are often failed both by society and a very flawed, biased justice system.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I gathered from this story is that a lot of people do not know what a suspended sentence is.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Suspended sentence doesn't mean she doesn't go to jail. Just that there will be a 2 year delay before she is shipped to prison for 2 years (basically, to put affairs in order).
    Is that even a thing? I have never heard of someone getting sentenced and having a two year delay put on it, so I am not even sure what you are confusing it with.

That was painful to read, on many levels.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It's simple to misunderstand it just by reading the title. I mentioned earlier, in the U.S., a 'suspended sentence' is called 'probation'. Suspended means that it is put off, or put on hold. Without really knowing the law in other places, it's easy to assume the meaning.

No harm no foul. Live and learn.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspen...#United_States

It may be called probation but it's still a suspended sentence.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    Actually probation is when you have already served some jail time for a crime and are then released. Suspended sentence is where you serve no jail time at all, but if you commit a crime during you immediately go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200, and serve out the time left from the suspended sentence in jail.
    Probation is the name given to the time you are under supervision. You can be put in probation both directly by a court following a suspended sentence decision, or from detention following a panel decision due to good behavior or some other circumstance.

Probation is the supervised period you get put into.
    Suspended sentence is the court decision, that then puts you into probation.
    Early release is the panel decision, that then puts you into probation.~

edit: and that woman on OP's story is, I believe is fair to say, a cunt. Should be committed to a mental health institution.

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    Should be committed to a mental health institution.
    I'm wonder if that is why the sentence was suspended. The article is rather lacking when it comes to details I would expect. It has enough substance to cause a stir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    Something, something MRA

We are physically superior. If any guy endures this kind of abuse its because he wants it.

Grow a pair.
    Can't tell if serious or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.