Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shadow Priest TMW Rotation Profile - 7.0.3 - LEGION w/Download

This is a Rotation guide built in TMW for Shadow Priests that will display important information in the center of your screen so that you can easily deal the most damage possible.

This is set up to work with any talent setup so feel free to play and find what works or use guides online to get the most of your class.

UPDATE 9/15/2016

Shadow

- Added conditions for Shadow Word: Death. It will now only suggest at 2 stacks if you have less than 70 insanity
    - Fixed Shadow Word: Death spell tracking with the Reaper of Souls talent

You can find the LATEST VERSION HERE

To Import this profile, download the latest TMW Version

1. Copy the Profile in full
    2. Open TMW in game (/tmw)
    3. Paste the entire profile on the bottom Text Bar
    4. Click Import
    5. Select "From String"
    6. Choose Overwrite

This will allow you to use this profile as you see it.

Hope you enjoy it!
    Last edited by chesder; 2016-09-16 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    Nice work. For me there is too few information. But priests on my realm sometimes ask me about rotation and linking this can be the short answer for that question Can be good at learning SP mechanisms.

I noticed that the profile suggests casting Mind Blast even if Void Bold is ready to be used or very close to ready.

I think that Void Bolt should be cast over Mind Blast if theirs cooldown will finish about the same time. This could possibly allow for more Void bolts during Void form and they do about the same dmg as Mind Blasts. Also there will be less chance of messing up during movements, or peopl dying in fire because they have to cast MB first, but they must not delay VB! And at the end you would not die horribly in that video if you casted Void bolt before MB.

Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    Nice work. For me there is too few information. But priests on my realm sometimes ask me about rotation and linking this can be the short answer for that question Can be good at learning SP mechanisms.

I noticed that the profile suggests casting Mind Blast even if Void Bold is ready to be used or very close to ready.

I think that Void Bolt should be cast over Mind Blast if theirs cooldown will finish about the same time. This could possibly allow for more Void bolts during Void form and they do about the same dmg as Mind Blasts. Also there will be less chance of messing up during movements, or peopl dying in fire because they have to cast MB first, but they must not delay VB! And at the end you would not die horribly in that video if you casted Void bolt before MB.
    That's a very good point. I'll make an adjustment.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated to increase Void Bolt Priority.

You need to consider Dispersion in your rotation also.

Quote Originally Posted by Narbert View Post
    You need to consider Dispersion in your rotation also.
    I put dispersion as a cooldown on the bottom bar so that players can track it properly. Putting it in the rotation is tricky since the timing of it's changes on a per fight basis.

Ultimately, much like the other profiles I've made, I recommend players read about their class to understand the underlying mechanics and get a good understanding of cooldown management via trial and error or from online/player sources.

The biggest problem with this, as represented in the video, is that it's causing you to perform an incorrect rotation because you are reacting, and not predicting. The most apparent is during part of the void form rotation, you want to cast 2 GCDs of Mind Flay (one full channel) because both Void Bolt and Mind Blast are on CD. But when Mind Flay is about to run out, the addon is still showing that spell as the thing that should be cast, so a player that is just tunnelling the TMW will cast another Mind Flay. However they should be aware that Void Bolt will come off cooldown in as soon as Mind Flay finishes, so that should be the next spell. The effect of this is that high priority spells like MB and VB are constantly being delayed by 1gcd because of the delay between the icon updating and your ability to react to that fast enough

For this to be useful it needs to communicate that "this is what you should be casting next....just spam that button until it activates"

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrik View Post
    The biggest problem with this, as represented in the video, is that it's causing you to perform an incorrect rotation because you are reacting, and not predicting. The most apparent is during part of the void form rotation, you want to cast 2 GCDs of Mind Flay (one full channel) because both Void Bolt and Mind Blast are on CD. But when Mind Flay is about to run out, the addon is still showing that spell as the thing that should be cast, so a player that is just tunnelling the TMW will cast another Mind Flay. However they should be aware that Void Bolt will come off cooldown in as soon as Mind Flay finishes, so that should be the next spell. The effect of this is that high priority spells like MB and VB are constantly being delayed by 1gcd because of the delay between the icon updating and your ability to react to that fast enough

For this to be useful it needs to communicate that "this is what you should be casting next....just spam that button until it activates"
    There is a built in cooldown watch and the icons appearing are doing so with 1 second advances to react. Ultimately any player that had a better understanding of the class will do more with the class but this should serve as a good starting point and be useful for all players

I'm posting purely because i feel like OP isn't getting the credit he deserves for this. This is a brilliant setup for TMW and I'm sure it took him a good long time to get it working like this. Everyone's posting talking about different flaws it has when I think you're missing the targeted audience completely. This clearly isn't for us mythic raiders who know our class' in's and out's like the back of our own hand and could play blindfolded. This is for the normal / entry level heroic raiders and maybe people who just want to do some dungeons and just need to get a solid understanding of the rotation. Their missed dps from losing out on a couple void bolts isn't going to be what causes a raid wipe at that level. Or maybe there's some really good players out there who are just switching to priest for legion and need to get a nice idea of the general rotation in an actual raid environment that would profit from this. Anyways great job OP I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who could profit immensely from this. If nothing else I'll linking this thread in every forum i see from now on of priests complaining saying that priests are garbage in legion haha.
    Last edited by truggles; 2016-08-04 at 02:38 AM.

I appreciate the praise In the end I just want players to enjoy the classes and be able to get better understandings of how they play. It can be very confusing to read through and seeing it in action is very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    There is a built in cooldown watch and the icons appearing are doing so with 1 second advances to react. Ultimately any player that had a better understanding of the class will do more with the class but this should serve as a good starting point and be useful for all players
    I should have made it clear in my original post that I was in no way trying to detract from the effort you have gone to. I absolutely understand that an audience for these kind of things exists and those people will be very appreciative of you sharing this. So apologies for not making that clear in my post.

I watched the video back again and I can see there is some level of advanced warning, but it might need to be a little more. it doesn't feel like it's as much as 1 second in the scenario I explained - 2 gcd MF to Void Bolt. And now that you have fixed Void Bolt's priority, that will probably help matters too.

basically i can use this rotation until mythic? I'm first time playing shadow priest

Gave this a shot today works very well. well done and thanks to OP

Quote Originally Posted by truggles View Post
    I'm posting purely because i feel like OP isn't getting the credit he deserves for this. This is a brilliant setup for TMW and I'm sure it took him a good long time to get it working like this. Everyone's posting talking about different flaws it has when I think you're missing the targeted audience completely. This clearly isn't for us mythic raiders who know our class' in's and out's like the back of our own hand and could play blindfolded. This is for the normal / entry level heroic raiders and maybe people who just want to do some dungeons and just need to get a solid understanding of the rotation. Their missed dps from losing out on a couple void bolts isn't going to be what causes a raid wipe at that level. Or maybe there's some really good players out there who are just switching to priest for legion and need to get a nice idea of the general rotation in an actual raid environment that would profit from this. Anyways great job OP I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who could profit immensely from this. If nothing else I'll linking this thread in every forum i see from now on of priests complaining saying that priests are garbage in legion haha.
    If you're running STM, you need to consider Dispersion as part of that rotation. It will add 20 seconds to 1 minute more if you're playing correctly. It's not really a recommendation, it's a required piece of the rotation.

I use TMW and this is a great way to understand your actions in Void Form. The premise of the post was to teach the rotation, not necessarily STM. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by boothisphere View Post
    For anyone who cares about playing at a level above braindead useless, do not use this addon.

Look at the shadow priest legion guide, it far better.
    It's funny that as we get closer to an expansion launch, the number of people coming out complaining about guides and helpers like this increases. This literally happens every time.

You're free to post these incredibly entry level guides as much as im free to tell people that this guide will make them look like idiots when they're dead last on DPS
    Ok. Appreciate the sentiment

For anyone who cares about playing at a level above braindead useless, do not use this addon.

Look at the shadow priest legion guide, it far better.
    everyone its free to follow this guide or the sticked one...why you're so toxic?

Deleted
    Holy shit my shadow prest dps improved so much, I'm really messing up somewhere before hand but I'm starting to get the understanding of it! Is there a way to set it up so I can maybe see a move or two ahead like the Hekili addon? I'm so scrub on Spriest but this addon really upped my enjoyment for the spec!!

Thank you so much Chesder!

Quote Originally Posted by Rithius View Post
    Holy shit my shadow prest dps improved so much, I'm really messing up somewhere before hand but I'm starting to get the understanding of it! Is there a way to set it up so I can maybe see a move or two ahead like the Hekili addon? I'm so scrub on Spriest but this addon really upped my enjoyment for the spec!!

Thank you so much Chesder!
    I will add a prediction system when i get it working XD

This is real sexy, love your work for monks also Chesder. Any chance of a DK profile in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    This is real sexy, love your work for monks also Chesder. Any chance of a DK profile in the near future?
    Tomorrow