Page 1 of 3
LastLast

games you play to kill time that you don't actually enjoy

since 2013 I occasionally play 2 fps games to kill time that I don't actually enjoy.

Payday2 and csgo. When I play payday 2 I usually have fun for the entirety of 1 mission then I get bored. In reality its just endless shooting of Arcade cops and moving bags, reviving team mates. Old gameplay that gets extremely repetitive and was introduced with left 4 dead 1 years ago.

Csgo its worse. I enjoy it for 5 minutes if I'm crushing the competition and don't enjoy it all when i lose. It also has so many things about it I can't stand that are out of my control. *Bell sound when you score a headshot. *death cam and death cam jingle * being told your being dominated. Ear piercing weapon sounds. *no mod support. No mods for custom skins and sounds or UI allowed.

In many ways i find it inferior to the previous cs game source that came out in 2004. However source is practically dead. It takes me an hour to find a game on a map that isnt dust 2 and isnt Surf or jailbreak or zombies. I get bored of source too rather quickly because I have 0 friends that play any cs games.

but if you look at my top 2 most played games on steam it has been 2 of the cs games for quite some time. They are good for killing time but I don't actually enjoy them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play any games that I don't enjoy.

every so often i kinda try to force myself to play a MOBA or some RPG I didn't like and give it a second chance but..never to kill time

Why in the hell would I waste time playing a game I don't enjoy when there are 1000s of games I have still yet to play? If I don't enjoy a game I can move on to one I would enjoy.

Then again I do a lot of research and don't waste money/time buying a game I probably won't enjoy in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    playing a game you don't enjoy to kill your limited time is not normal to me. I don't understand that. there's not enough of a lifetime to do all the interesting things, and most of these things doesn't require you to leave the computer.

7+ Year Old Account
    When I got bored from playing games, then I watch some tv show or movie. I wouldn't play game I don't enjoy.

I never play games i dont enjoy, that kinda defeats the whole purpose of playing a game to begin with. If i just want to kill time, i take my 3ds and play a quick hunt on Monster Hunter

I wouldn't say a game that I do not enjoy, to kill time. But maybe an activity within a game I do not necessarily want to do? lmao
    Like if I am waiting for a dg or bg queue. I will go do dailies or a profession. Not something I am super excited to do since it is repetitive. But its either that or run in circles around orgrimmar lmao

Deleted
    Clicker games.

Not anymore though...phew

the concept of having so much free time that you play games you don't like - is incredibly alien to me.

1. my game backlog is huge as it is
    2. I don't really have time that i could just kill, becasue there is always something I either need to be doing, or want to be doing.

honestly, even when I'm waiting on a queue in an MMO, if I don't feel like doing something in game, I just grab a book, or watch something on netflix or whatnot

I never play games I don't enjoy. There is soo much to do in real life so why should I ever "kill time" in games I don't enjoy?

Deleted
    Well... I enjoy the hell out of it but I play it to sate my need for multitasking; Freecell.

clash of clans when i am taking a shit at work

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    the concept of having so much free time that you play games you don't like - is incredibly alien to me.

1. my game backlog is huge as it is
    2. I don't really have time that i could just kill, becasue there is always something I either need to be doing, or want to be doing.

honestly, even when I'm waiting on a queue in an MMO, if I don't feel like doing something in game, I just grab a book, or watch something on netflix or whatnot
    I used to work on side projects, play guitar, or watch netflix when I waited for queues. But then I either got into productive mode or to into the show I was watching to care about the game and by the time the queue was popping I was logging off of WoW lmao

I've never really forced myself to play games I didn't enjoy.

I only make exceptions there when my friends on Steam convince me to pick up some game or other. If I don't particularly like it, but the rest of the group is playing (I have a small core group of 4 friends on Steam and regularly play multiplayer stuff with them), I'll drag myself in sometimes.

Otherwise, if I don't feel like gaming at all and just want to relax or kill time, I'll do something like play guitar, read, or watch TV.

None, that sounds more like an addiction than anything else. Why waste time doing something you hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletal Sorcerer View Post
    Csgo its worse. I enjoy it for 5 minutes if I'm crushing the competition and don't enjoy it all when i lose. It also has so many things about it I can't stand that are out of my control. *Bell sound when you score a headshot. *death cam and death cam jingle * being told your being dominated. Ear piercing weapon sounds. *no mod support. No mods for custom skins and sounds or UI allowed.
    So, you don't use community servers, or what? Because there are plenty of CS:GO mods.

Also, if you're not enjoying the game because you're losing, then... you need to work on that. Either stop solo queuing, or learn how to deal with being outplayed. Or, you know, find a different game to play. It's really not fun when you get matched with someone who is obviously not enjoying the game. When people are losing and hating it, they tend to make things worse for their teammates. No one wants to deal with that.

Personally, I don't play any games that I don't actually enjoy. I try to play one comp game of CS:GO every day and I usually enjoy it, even when I lose. It can be frustrating sometimes, especially when you're up against obvious smurfs (or cheaters, though they are considerably more rare), but it is just as frustrating for my opponents when they're getting dominated, so... yeah.

Seriously, if you don't enjoy it, don't play it. There are far too many good games out there that you could be playing for you to be sitting there playing a game you don't enjoy.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Necroofeelya View Post
    I used to work on side projects, play guitar, or watch netflix when I waited for queues. But then I either got into productive mode or to into the show I was watching to care about the game and by the time the queue was popping I was logging off of WoW lmao
    lol, well I end up queueing as a healer when I do, so I rarely deal with long enough wait to get into productive mode :P

but seriously, I mean there are moments that I may not like as much, but its usualy minor moments during otherwise enjoyable time. just kill time by doing something I'm not having fun with is.. odd
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2016-08-04 at 05:38 PM.

sometimes when i am at friends houses, they play games like call of duty, and battlefield, so i'll play them while there... that's really only isntance of times i paly games i dont like