Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Deleted


    Your typical SJWs.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    a SJW is someone who lacks logic and reasoning and takes up a cause slowly on feelings, ignoring or cherry picking any facts that contradicts how they feel. They usually do it to feel better about themselves and think they are superior than you because they fight for a cause.
    Sounds like you just described Trump supporters

  3. #63
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    The reason for that is that wikipedia itself is not an academic source, however many the sources wikipedia uses are the very same that academia uses. And I don't think MMOC is considered an academic discussion forum, certainly not more than wikipedia at least.
    Yeah well, the problem is that the sources in most wikipedia articles aren't academic level at all.

    For example, the one linked earlier for SJW has "The Guardian" as a source. You should agree that's laughtable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The real source are the references at the bottom of the page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social...ior#References
    And it's quite reliable.
    It's laughtable and suffers from recentism. If wikipedia would abide their own rules they would throw away all those "trendy" topics until the event is far enough that proper studies could be made... but they wouldn't get sweet and juicy donation money without that stuff.

    Politics there is basically the clickbaity stuff which earns the dosh.

  4. #64
    Pandaren Monk Karrotlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    1,923
    A Social Justice Warrior is the left-wing equivalent of the far right's religious fundamentalists. Both are just as bigoted and authoritarian in the name of their morality but go about it in different ways.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    A Social Justice Warrior is the left-wing equivalent of the far right's religious fundamentalists. Both are just as bigoted and authoritarian in the name of their morality but go about it in different ways.
    That is a really good definition.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Sounds like you just described Trump supporters
    It's not limited to any side, if you think it is, you're part of the problem.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Yeah well, the problem is that the sources in most wikipedia articles aren't academic level at all.

    For example, the one linked earlier for SJW has "The Guardian" as a source. You should agree that's laughtable.
    What do you expect? That scientists come together to research what "SJW" is?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

  7. #67
    "Someone who disagrees with me" is about the closest definition that actually applies.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Seriously guys, this forum would be a better place if everyone just stopped acknowledging Zenkai. It's just demeaning to everyone.

  8. #68
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    What do you expect? That scientists come together to research what "SJW" is?
    That would be a job for a linguist, not a scientist.

    And yes, I think they should be interested in how this neologism came to be. Or others.

  9. #69
    Deleted
    SJWs are lying narcissists who advocate for supposed social justice and assume racism/sexism/<inserttumblrtrendyword>ism where simple facts makes more sense.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    As you can see, we have found one such person with perpetually rustled jimmies.
    This person is an SJW, if you are ever in doubt as to what an SJW is, just look at their posts. I hope this has helped to answer your question op.

  11. #71
    The Unstoppable Force May90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Somewhere special
    Posts
    21,699
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    a SJW is someone who lacks logic and reasoning and takes up a cause slowly on feelings, ignoring or cherry picking any facts that contradicts how they feel. They usually do it to feel better about themselves and think they are superior than you because they fight for a cause.
    It is called "bias". No need to come up with random Internet terms to describe that.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

  12. #72
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada, Eh
    Posts
    192
    This thread has drained humanity of its collective IQ tremendously.

    SJW "Anyone who I disagree with" - 10/10

  13. #73
    Elemental Lord Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,178
    A SJW is a professional victim. Always smarter then you, always on a higher moral ground than you, always more offended by things than you, and most importantly~ above any criticism from the likes of you.

    I love the new era SJWs, they are like religious fanatics without the sky god.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    At this point it's pretty much a derogatory label for anyone who suggests minorities might actually still be discriminated against and thinks we should do something about it other than shrug our shoulders and go "oh well," used by a bunch of hyper sensitive people whose jimmies are perpetually rustled and think people actually care enough about them to try to oppress and subjugate them.
    /thread

    Alternative definition: An internet buzzword used by cishet white men who think they're oppressed (triple bonus points if they're also Christian).

  15. #75
    Elemental Lord Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    /thread

    Alternative definition: An internet buzzword used by cishet white men who think they're oppressed (triple bonus points if they're also Christian).
    See guys, its easier to spot than Waldo in his first book.

  16. #76
    A new iteration on "fascist" as an overused insult.
    It's strength lies in its vagueness.
    It's hilarious when folks try to desperately co-opt it, though.
    I sometimes find use in appealing to the stereotype itself, rather than trying to fit an individual into it, but it is very niche for me.

  17. #77
    The Unstoppable Force May90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Somewhere special
    Posts
    21,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Isn't it ironic that the Internet community seems to be much more outraged by this woman, than this woman is outraged?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    See guys, its easier to spot than Waldo in his first book.
    That was a good example of an SJW. For example, to date I have not seen or heard a person use the term "Mansplain" or "Cis-Gendered" seriously that was not an SJW.

    And yes, I have heard someone say those things in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Isn't it ironic that the Internet community seems to be much more outraged by this woman, than this woman is outraged?
    No. We make fun of her. It's fucking hilarious.

    I am curious if you can even cite a person being outraged by her. Cause all I have seen are people making fun of her.

  19. #79
    Elemental Lord Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,178
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Isn't it ironic that the Internet community seems to be much more outraged by this woman, than this woman is outraged?
    Considering she burns through her rage bar in like 3 seconds, you might be right.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It is called "bias". No need to come up with random Internet terms to describe that.
    Bias doesn't mean you feel are you are superior and part of a bullshit cause to make you feel more just than others.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •