Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Immortal Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    /thread

    Alternative definition: An internet buzzword used by cishet white men who think they're oppressed (triple bonus points if they're also Christian).
    See guys, its easier to spot than Waldo in his first book.

  2. #82
    A new iteration on "fascist" as an overused insult.
    It's strength lies in its vagueness.
    It's hilarious when folks try to desperately co-opt it, though.
    I sometimes find use in appealing to the stereotype itself, rather than trying to fit an individual into it, but it is very niche for me.

  3. #83
    The Unstoppable Force May90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Somewhere special
    Posts
    21,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Isn't it ironic that the Internet community seems to be much more outraged by this woman, than this woman is outraged?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    See guys, its easier to spot than Waldo in his first book.
    That was a good example of an SJW. For example, to date I have not seen or heard a person use the term "Mansplain" or "Cis-Gendered" seriously that was not an SJW.

    And yes, I have heard someone say those things in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Isn't it ironic that the Internet community seems to be much more outraged by this woman, than this woman is outraged?
    No. We make fun of her. It's fucking hilarious.

    I am curious if you can even cite a person being outraged by her. Cause all I have seen are people making fun of her.

  5. #85
    Immortal Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,874
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Isn't it ironic that the Internet community seems to be much more outraged by this woman, than this woman is outraged?
    Considering she burns through her rage bar in like 3 seconds, you might be right.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It is called "bias". No need to come up with random Internet terms to describe that.
    Bias doesn't mean you feel are you are superior and part of a bullshit cause to make you feel more just than others.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    See guys, its easier to spot than Waldo in his first book.
    Right back at you, oppressed cishet Christian.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Isn't it ironic that the Internet community seems to be much more outraged by this woman, than this woman is outraged?
    I mostly encounter mockery, rather than outrage, against it.
    Your perception of outrage seems broken, contact 4chan to get it fixed.

  9. #89
    Immortal Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    Right back at you, oppressed cishet Christian.
    I think I'm cishet right? That means I'm a man who like vagina and tits right? Or do I have to be Christian too? All these oppression terms are hard to keep up with.

  10. #90
    The Unstoppable Force May90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Somewhere special
    Posts
    21,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    No. We make fun of her. It's fucking hilarious.

    I am curious if you can even cite a person being outraged by her. Cause all I have seen are people making fun of her.
    Well, let's use the Internet word "triggered" instead of "outraged" then.

    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Bias doesn't mean you feel are you are superior and part of a bullshit cause to make you feel more just than others.
    If you have a bias, then you inherently believe that your point of view is "more right" or "superior". Otherwise, you would give just as much credit to other opinions as to yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

  11. #91
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada, Eh
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    I mostly encounter mockery, rather than outrage, against it.
    Your perception of outrage seems broken, contact 4chan to get it fixed.
    You haven't been reading this forum very long if all you see is mockery. It is plainly obvious that the perpetually offended occupy both sides of this divide equally. If anything I've noticed the terminal SJW to be rather a more invented menace here than a real one.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, let's use the Internet word "triggered" instead of "outraged" then.
    .
    That doesn't make sense either (unless I don't understand triggered). Making fun of someone isn't akin to having some sort of PTSD experience.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Finith View Post
    You haven't been reading this forum very long if all you see is mockery.
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    mostly
    This is a classical tactic that I'm sure anyone can easily find faulty.

  14. #94
    The Unstoppable Force May90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Somewhere special
    Posts
    21,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    That doesn't make sense either (unless I don't understand triggered). Making fun of someone isn't akin to having some sort of PTSD experience.
    Making fun of someone obsessively, spending many minutes writing and reading toxic comments about them and getting off by that - that's not a healthy reaction, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

  15. #95
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada, Eh
    Posts
    192
    My apologies then, "mostly". Your perception still needs help, as it is plainly obvious that here this menace is manufactured more than it is bubbling beneath the surface. The act needs its foil, so to speak. Invented outrage works both ways, though I don't imagine much clarity suddenly coming to this place.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Isn't it ironic that the Internet community seems to be much more outraged by this woman, than this woman is outraged?
    No one is outraged by her, she's just become the poster child for the authoritarian left.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    This person is an SJW, if you are ever in doubt as to what an SJW is, just look at their posts. I hope this has helped to answer your question op.
    I'm really just the worst.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    I know the basic definition. If I am not mistaken, it would be someone who takes too much in consideration social injustices and may focus on irrelevant, overexagerated or even inexistant issues. At worst they fight injustice (real or not) by reversing an inequality, blaming the white heterosexual man, witch hunting etc...

    I saw a bunch of articles on the matter with quotes of labeled SJW and indeed those comments can be really ridiculous : Sexism in witcher 3 for example.

    But I don't really see many of these comments or articles. However I read a bunch of comment on the theme "SJW ruins the world" but I hardly see anyone besides exceptions who fits the description. So I wonder if I am blind to the problem and may well be myself a SJW or if the definition is a lot more blurred than it seems.

    When I read a comment section on youtube (I don't know why I do that, i know it's toxic) I can easily found a bunch of anti-SJW comments but no SJW comments or even something adressing social issues. I used to think that people were just doing a bigger deal than it really is but when I look closely I wonder if some people use the term SJW to reject any social issues as an excuse.

    There are extreme everywhere and we should not see it as representative of a group. Nobody will deny that they used to have a huge gap in gender equality in the 60s but I am not going to summarize every feminist group based on the SCUM manfesto (women can be funny, check it out) but I fear it is happening currently. Social issues still exist and a very small minority seems to be used in every internet discussion to reject the debate.

    But it might be just me. Paranoia is a SJW's trait after all.

    And sorry for my poor level in English.

    Edit : I should not make fun of Valerie Solanas, she might come back from the grave and attempt to murder me.
    It's really about the tone of many progressives that stifles debate, and people who are very quick to label others as bigots. There are a lot of women you can't debate about rape culture or 77 cents on the dollar. They go around spewing incorrect stats and it's very easy to get labelled sexist if you argue against them. It's similar for black lives matter, and it also spreads to other areas. I got called racist for asking a black friend if he ever got a sunburn. In the corporate world, it can very easily get you fired.

    You see a lot of backlash online because anonymity allows people to express their true opinions without getting labelled or censored the way they would in the real world.

    And this backlash has also given rise to Trump. There are a lot of people who feel like they can't express their true opinions because they'll get in trouble for it, so when Trump says something about Muslims they get pretty excited.

    For example, some unpopular opinions I have that I'll never say in public:

    1. There probably isn't a rape culture: There's a culture where we let 18 year olds get black out drunk and men are encouraged to be the aggressors in sexual encounters, so bad things happen. But throwing 18 year old men in jail for years at a time for groping someone is not the right answer.

    2. 77 cents on the dollar is a nonsense statistic: it doesn't adjust for hours worked, career, flexibility, etc. If you adjust for those things it's more like 98 cents on the dollar, and there's very little evidence of sexism in the workplace. The debate should be about whether it makes sense that women tend to take lower paying jobs with more flexible hours because of their role in childcare.

    3. The shooting of black men is a distraction from the real issue. The real issue is lack of access to education and opportunity for blacks that leads to them ending up on the street. Many of the victims of police attacks were criminals who were pulled over/scared officers for a reason. We're asking the police to do too much to fix the problems created by our educational system.

    I'm happy to debate people on these opinions, but the problem is I risk getting labelled. And those labels can put my job and reputation at risk in a way that taking a super progressive stance never will. So I generally leave my griping online.
    Last edited by Scrod; 2016-08-04 at 04:34 PM.

  19. #99
    There are actual SJWs out there and I used to know one of them personally (broke off friendship with him because of it, along with my other friends who used to hang out with him) but most people these days just throw the term around to whoever disagrees with them basically. I got kicked from a group and got called an SJW on WoW a few days ago because I didn't vote for someone to be kicked (was over such a petty childish thing). So yeah I'm an SJW because I wanted to just finish the lvl 50 dungeon and move on to the next. Most of these people have probably never even experienced a real SJW and like I said just throw it around because it makes them feel empowered and cool.

    If you want to see an example of an SJW look at videos like Anita Sarkeesan or however you spell that retarded name. People who want to censor or ban or change something to suit THEIR beliefs and opinions because it "offends" them. I put that in quotes because most of the SJWs aren't actually offended, they pretend to be. They're just bandwagon jumpers who want to be a part of the group and feel important and want attention.
    Last edited by Grubenwolf; 2016-08-04 at 04:43 PM.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm really just the worst.
    Basically the SJW version of Garian.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •