Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mafia 73: Sign Up Thread

Alright...

Important things to know about this game:

1) The order of Night Actions is going to be based on order they are submitted. What does this mean? As an example Doctor M wants to protect Victim A, but Mafia Q also wants to kill Victim A. If Doctor M gets their night action in before Mafia Q does, Victim A will be saved.

[Please note this is an example. In-game role cards may cause tweaks to this but principally this is how it will function.]

2) Night actions that are submitted before the end of a day phase will not be counted. Yes, I know that this will put some players at a potential disadvantage because Time Zones are a thing. Exceptions can be made if the need arises.

3) Things might get a bit wacky.

4) The game will start on Tuesday, sign ups will be open until about an hour before the thread goes live. (I'll make a post in the sign up thread when it's about time to be closed.)

5) The game is open to any number of players!

Signed up:
    1) Allowyn
    2) Anakso
    3) Arialla
    4) Catta
    5) Crackleslap
    6) Celtic
    7) Danner
    8) Dranxadin
    9) Dupti
    10) JynxieJ
    11) Krayzy
    12) Kryllian
    13) Listo95
    14) Marack
    15) Reticence
    16) Solider 76
    17) Virothe
    18) Xanjori

Reserve
    1) Cruelle
    Last edited by Largehorn; 2016-08-09 at 04:06 PM.

/signup

I'm initially wary of the fairness of the order-of-submit rule; anyone generally sleeping when the game ends (or just like to spend silly amount of time writing posts in QT) generally ends is going to be at a potential disadvantage.

But eh, let's give it a shot!

--

I'm placing my money on wacky meaning there is a secret cabal of cult lovers running all over the place converting more and more players to be cult lovers until 14 people all die on day 7!
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

/signup

What Danner said. I approve of the preemptive disclaimer, though.

It should prove interesting, either way.

Deleted
    Put me in reserve please.

Visiting family in Devon next week so won't be around at all. But I can definitely replace someone if needed.

Yeah not a fan of the night action thing, but sign me up

Deleted
    It's how we played Christmas games before and worked grand

To those that are concerned about the night actions thing... I've done my best to balance the playing field assuming that some people could always be the last ones to submit they're night actions because of where they are/hours they keep (I mean we have US third shifters who play as well not just Aussies and friends from Europe).

And I'm willing to work with people on this one.

The rule is meant to keep scum from being like: "Okay, Day 1 has started and
    Kill A on Night 1
    Kill B on Night 2
    Kill C on Night 3
    Kill D on Night 4
    Kill E on Night 5
    Kill F on Night 6

etc... so that technically their night kills would "always" have been entered first.

This time i wont be helping my sister move and get killed on day one - you bastards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    To those that are concerned about the night actions thing... I've done my best to balance the playing field assuming that some people could always be the last ones to submit they're night actions because of where they are/hours they keep (I mean we have US third shifters who play as well not just Aussies and friends from Europe).

And I'm willing to work with people on this one.

The rule is meant to keep scum from being like: "Okay, Day 1 has started and
    Kill A on Night 1
    Kill B on Night 2
    Kill C on Night 3
    Kill D on Night 4
    Kill E on Night 5
    Kill F on Night 6

etc... so that technically their night kills would "always" have been entered first.
    The rule is always going to favor the mafia because they have multiple people, thus time zones, who can put in an action. SK and TPRs dont have that luxury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    This time i wont be helping my sister move and get killed on day one - you bastards.
    Yeah you should lynch or kill who ever lead that train on you. #looks@Reticence

*takes off GM hat*

But that can be mitigated with requiring a GF to be the one to submit the "kill" night action. Follow that with making it so that any SPRs are responsible for their own action as well and they are on the same footing as every other player, yes?
    Yea it would make it more fair but still random. In effect this will only favor the killing roles because the protective roles always takes priority in regular games due to the nature of the role.

Ugh.... deleted the post while trying to "edit" it >.>

I also need to recalibrate my phone's touch screen...

*takes off GM hat*

But that can be mitigated with requiring a "GF" to be the one to submit the "kill" night action. Follow that with making it so that any SPRs are responsible for their own action as well and they are on the same footing as every other player, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Yea it would make it more fair but still random. In effect this will only favor the killing roles because the protective roles always takes priority in regular games due to the nature of the role.
    Again yes but there are other ways to manipulate roles and abilities to balance that out.

Please don't take the example I made as a definitive THIS IS EXACTLY HOW THIS GAME IS GOING TO WORK. It was just meant to generally explain what I meant by order of submission.
    Last edited by Largehorn; 2016-08-04 at 03:49 PM.

Deleted
    People need to chill. If they don't like night actions then don't play

There's pros and cons to this. Just need to be smart about it!

Sorry if that previous post seemed a little hostile XD

It wasn't meant to be.

BOLD and ITALICS were just meant to make sure it was visible for anyone passing through. I want make sure I'm open with the important info so that nothing like my last game happens again... T.T

Deleted
    Sorry if that previous post seemed a little hostile XD

It wasn't meant to be.

BOLD and ITALICS were just meant to make sure it was visible for anyone passing through. I want make sure I'm open with the important info so that nothing like my last game happens again... T.T
    STOP YELLING AT US LARGEHORN

/caps

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    STOP YELLING AT US LARGEHORN

/caps
    I'M SORRY!!!!

t.t

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    People need to chill. If they don't like night actions then don't play

There's pros and cons to this. Just need to be smart about it!
    I'm totally chill. Just sayin' I'm wary about it.

Besides, he warned us in advance so Signup is Consent™.

It sounds like it'll be fun! Please sign me up!

Not signing up:

Please note that by allowing order of actions to be determined by when they are submitted, you've given mafia extreme advantage. They strategize what their action(s) will be during day, and then they have one mafia member (anyone who will be available at the time day ends) immediately submit their action(s) when night begins. They are (if they do this right) guaranteed to always have action priority.
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2016-08-04 at 09:58 PM.