Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost Confusion for Gems, Enchants, and Consumables

Icy Veins says Crit is my priority for Gems, Enchants, and Consumables. Wowhead says Haste is my priority. One says Razorice on my MH and Fallen Crusader on my OH. The other says just the opposite.

So, what exactly should we be doing here?

Quote Originally Posted by fa3sr011 View Post
    Icy Veins says Crit is my priority for Gems, Enchants, and Consumables. Wowhead says Haste is my priority. One says Razorice on my MH and Fallen Crusader on my OH. The other says just the opposite.

You should be playing unholy.

Barring that, you should run some sims and see what the stats prios are with your chosen talents and gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Thanks for the comment but I prefer to play Frost as it's what I enjoy.

As far as runeforges it's razorice main hand, fallen crusader offhand if you have Frostscythe. Otherwise it's the opposite. Reason is because FSc puts RI stacks on all targets hit if it's on the main hand.

As far as gems/enchants go. I'm not 100% sure either right now for prepatch. I try to get 30% crit and 23% haste and that's overall been my best damage parses.

As far as the poster who said you should be playing unholy....it's prepatch shit doesn't matter anymore. It's the time to have fun and experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It's the time to have fun and experiment.
    Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I am playing with Frostscythe. And more importantly, I am having fun with Frost as I always have which is why we play in the first place. While I'm beyond my days of competitive raiding I ultimately want to play the spec that I want and to be properly buffed in that spec.

Deleted

crit should be your main stat for singlerget atleast for aoe not sure if mastery is better.

Crit will always be better than mastery going forward. Haste will be better until we get to a certain point of Crit than mastery. As it will reduce the gcd and give us more auto attacks thus more chances to proc km. Mastery will be our third best stat finally. Instead of the only stat we scale with. However it will be like a 3-crit 2.25-haste 2-mastery until what I think(and don't take this as definitive) haste break points are reached. I think frost will actually have specific break points for 110 for haste.

For pre patch I was running crit (gems/enchants, o shit, I forgot... no gems still, anyway)... lately I found out that gemming/enchanting for haste smooths out the rotation a bit and helps with IT and FP, and also of course, haste is the way to go for unholy too...

>.> This kind of frost negativity is the reason why we outcry for Unholy nerfs so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    >.> This kind of frost negativity is the reason why we outcry for Unholy nerfs so often.
    Rather you should be crying for frost buffs. Imo it's the more enjoyable spec in legion, but it's been nerfed to the point that it's not going to be competitive until very late in the expac, if at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Why don't you try both haste and crit builds and figure it out for yourself? Frost is in the gutter right now and I don't see how anybody can enjoy a spec so boring and weak at the same time. I don't play frost but the spec definitely needs buffs. Blizz needs to stop nerfing unholy to bring down closer to frosts lvl and instead buff frost to bring it up to where unholy was at before the nerfs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    why cry out for unholy nerfs when you should be crying for frost buffs? Why do you hate unholy so much ? It's not our fault that blizz just hates frost as a spec in general.

Rather you should be crying for frost buffs. Imo it's the more enjoyable spec in legion, but it's been nerfed to the point that it's not going to be competitive until very late in the expac, if at all.
    Should have been specific: Tired of hearing Unholy dks talk about why it's the "better spec" in terms of fun. I want them to kill their goddamn "fun" so they stop whining about how "easy" or "lame" frost is and stop telling frost to just switch over to the "more fun" spec. It has resource management intricacies that you don't think about unless you attempt to min max the crap out of it.

Unholys gameplay is way more fun than frost's is... I started frost and never thought I'd like unholy but once I tried it I never went frost again. Frost is just boring and weak atm so it's not even worth playing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Unholys gameplay is way more fun than frost's is... I started frost and never thought I'd like unholy but once I tried it I never went frost again. Frost is just boring and weak atm so it's not even worth playing
    That's, like, your opinion, man. The "boring" part, at least, is purely subjective. Seriously, though. Who are you to judge what people may or may not find enjoyable?

Quote Originally Posted by 101blubb View Post
    That's, like, your opinion, man. The "boring" part, at least, is purely subjective. Seriously, though. Who are you to judge what people may or may not find enjoyable?
    Forgot to add that its only my opinion lol. Chill. You like frost better that's cool, hope frost gets buffed but we all know it won't because blizz hates the spec.

Can we get some actual answers on this thread instead of the UH is Better than frost BS?

I for one have been running this set up
    Enchants- Crit Rings, Strength Cloak, Mark of Claw Neck, Razor MH, Fallen Crusader OH
    Food - Leveling it was fighter chow (1000% health regen OOC) cuz the never stopping mass mob killing fun, Raids/Dungeons I use crit food
    Potions - I am still trying to figure out what it best cuz the 2 i use vary on every pull it seems like. I use Deadly Grace mainly cuz it gets more damage more often than Old war. That being said I do not know if it is better than old war.

for stats im mainly just using higher ilvl cuz beta...but I try and go with Crit>mastery=Haste.

I run mastery and haste pretty even cuz so much aoe.
    Every Dungeon I run I am top DPS ST and AOE and i am only like 835 ilvl
    In raids I would be top 3.
    People here are saying Frost is weak compared to UH should try it in a raid sometime and see what it is capable of

Hope this helps you OP

To the poster above, frost is weaker than unholy right now on beta. That much is factual. its not much weaker from what I recall hearing. However the problem is unholy has a much better kit than frost for raids. Frost is basically just a damage bot with the benefit of having a brez and Magic Ball, for any cloak of shadow type mechanics we may need to be used for. Unholy is just better flat out overall on all aspects though. Single target, aoe, burst, burst aoe etc. frost is a jack of all trades but has no niche. Unholy has many niche's hence the comments of just go unholy. I'm playing frost period unless it's severely behind. however it's not severely behind and will actually scale well through the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this Frost vs Unholy thing isn't what OP asked for haha.

Just play what you want. Don't let anyone tell you different other than your raid leader, if one spec is massively better than another and you're hindering progression. (Which I would wait for Legion to actually drop first before I worried about that)

As for the question, I'm pretty sure Razorice is MH, FC is OH. And stack the stat for the content you're doing. Haste is a safe bet because a ton of fights have multiple targets. More haste, more rune regen, more scythe spam. You should swap around if you're progressing on a single target fight, but if you're just doing casual stuff then always go the AoE route in my opinion.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Honestly, the only time you should play the superior spec is for world progress raiding. Unless frost is 100k under unholy, chances are your dps isn't what's causing a lack of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Honestly, the only time you should play the superior spec is for world progress raiding. Unless frost is 100k under unholy, chances are your dps isn't what's causing a lack of progress.
    I wish there was a thumbs up button for this lol